“Outdated facility”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Went to the Lodge for Mother's day 5/11/13 and was very dissappointed. Stayed in room 2314 which had cob webs in the corners and windows and a broken closet door. The place needs and update. The stairs are dirty, handrails loose and overall looks "tired". Nothing special for the price paid and I would not lean on staying there again. Very dark feeling when I walked in. Years ago it had some class but I wouldn't put it up there now.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

jwilly75-

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Lodge of Four Seasons. We truly appreciate your feedback and most importantly your patronage. We were disappointed that we didn’t meet your expectations as we strive to maintain high standards on product, but above all service. We will certainly address the issues you shared with both housekeeping and maintenance. Thank you again for your review and we do hope for the opportunity of serving you again soon.

Warm Regards,

Write a ReviewReviews (1,125)

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Try to make a reservation at the main lodge. When I got to the hotel, I discovered that the staff had reserved a room at the Bay which I don't feel comfortable. I made a request to be moved to the main lodge, the manager on duty had patiently searched the room for me eventhough there was another conference held at the Lodge. Anyway, I finally got the room I want. Thank you.

Room Tip: I stayed and will stay at the main lodge only. When I make reservation, I specify that I need the r...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded May 9, 2013

Tina C-

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Lodge. We also appreciate the time you took to review us. I can understand being in an outer building with exterior entrances could be uncomfortable. I would like to say that the safety and privacy of all guests are priority one. We do have 24 hour dedicated security to the property, including a camera surveillance system. I was very pleased to read that our manager on duty was able to find the location and room you desired. Thank you again for your stay and we can’t wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

I traveled to the Lodge of Four Seasons April 25. 2013. Check in was good, although front desk staff should have noticed that two middle aged women had been waiting to check in (I was one) and the young cute doctors had just walked up. The resort is a bit older, but extremely well maintained and clean. Food was great, facilities were great I would recommend to others.

Room Tip: If you are going for a conference and they are booked, get on the waiting list.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

gwynneth13-

Thank you for your most recent stay at the Lodge of Four Seasons. I would like to apologize on behalf of the front desk staff for not serving you when it was clearly your turn. Being in the business for many years I have personally witnessed people stepping up or out of line which is very disrespectful to other guests. This sometimes causes are staff not to react since everyone we serve is a guest. Thank for your kind words about the staff, property, and we look forward to serving you during your next leisure or convention visit.

Best Regards,

Reviewed May 5, 2013

The staff was great. This is the lake, so what level of pamper do you expect? We are at the lake. Our lunch was a good but not timely. We are at the lake. Room was clean. We have not been to the lake much lately, so we donot know what "upscale" should look like. Great people, great location. I don't know what kind of experience I could get somewhere else for the same money.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

wubby1-

Thank you for your review and your valuable feedback. While we were pleased to read the staff was great, we must apologize for you experience you had at lunch. We normally provide excellent and timely lunch service. I do hope we will have the opportunity of serving you properly during your next visit. Thank you again for your review, but most importantly your patronage.

Sincere Regards,

Reviewed May 4, 2013

excellent place for CME conference / staff are great! Rooms very clean. Older facility but has maintained its charm well. Would recommend it highly. Food quality and servers were excellent. Unattached Conference hall was bright and not claustrophobic.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business

Rusty B-

Thank you for sharing your feedback and your recent stay with us. We appreciate the comments regarding the staff and conference facilities. We are upgrading different areas of the hotel, but we are careful during these renovations not to take away from the original design. We look forward to welcoming you back to the Lodge very soon.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful. I would give them five stars. The hotel itself, however, is in horrible shape. It is very outdated and smells old and musty. Our room had a lot of hair in the bathroom floor and make-up stains all over the towels. Also, the door to our balcony barely shut, and the lock didn't work at all. I'm pretty sure that nothing in the hotel has been updated since 1975. I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2013

TheRealDeal411-

Thank you taking the time to share your thoughts with us. The challenges you described are certainly ones we will give attention to, and your compliments are always helpful to share with all of our associates. I regret that we didn’t meet your expectations with the room. We would like to encourage you to try our new product Avila next time you book. Thank you again for your review and we can only hope for the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Lodge in the near future.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

This hotel is a classic at the Lake of the Ozarks, but is generally starting to feel a bit tired overall.
We stayed one Saturday night after a day shopping at the Outlet Mall. Our room was nice and spacious and the furnishings weren't too bad, just a little old. The pillows on the bed were lumpy and not very soft the other bed linins seemed nice.
The bathroom was very average, and had been partially updated. Our coffee maker didn't seem to work correctly, and the walls of the room seemed to be thin because we could hear quite a lot of normal noise such as coughing though them! We did have a nice later dinner at the HK restaurant and went to Spa Shiki in the morning which was very nice. We ate our breakfast at the Breezes Restaurant, which was a nice room, but the buffet breakfast was again, pretty average. Service throughout was very good.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
jtaylor1975, Guest Relations Manager at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

esd3104-

Thank you for your review and your input. While I’m pleased you enjoyed the Hotel, I must apologize that your coffee maker didn’t work properly and that the breakfast buffet was only average. Our culinary team strives to exceed expectations of our guests. I will pass these comments to them and please know we value your patronage, and we can only hope for your return visit very soon.

Regards,

Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!