1,228 results
All reviewsspa shikijapanese gardenmovie theaterlobby barview of the lakeget awaymain poolmemorial day weekendfull kitchenmini fridgefire pitnice resortoff seasonfamily vacationgolf courseavilahk
Reviewed December 17, 2011

Spa Shiki was A-MAZ-ING. Had such a relaxing day followed by the best meal either one of us has ever had! (HK's) Wonderful little getaway in the midst of holiday craziness

Room Tip: The condo's have a nice kitchen and gas fireplace.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I attended a conference at this hotel recently. First let me say, as a conference place it is really pretty good! Best food I've ever had in that sort of setting (Italian for one dinner, Mexican for a lunch, typical American breakfast)! Most of the meeting rooms were good although the two in the top floor of the Atrium had noise issues if there were separate meetings in each of the rooms.

As a guest, finding the hotel was easy (just make sure that while you take the 54 / W exit, you continue on 54 instead of turning on W). Check in was easy and prompt. There is a beautiful lobby area if you do happen to need to wait. The rooms were very spacious and clean. I LOVED the bath stuff they provided. However, the mattresses were really hard and I woke up with an aching back. I went to the bar one night and had quick service with a well made drink.

My major disappointment with the hotel was the night I ordered room service. Room service is my indulgence to myself when I have to be away from home and most hotels I stay at make it feel like a real luxury. For example, the last hotel I stayed at before this one only had a strip steak on the menu. I asked them if they could do a ribeye for me and they were more than happy to do that. The Lodge has an extremely limited menu for dinner - I believe there were only 4 entrees listed, although there may have been 5. Their lunch menu took up several pages though and had several good options. So when I was calling for dinner, I asked to order off the lunch menu. The first person I got asked if he could please put me on hold while he checked and then accidentally hung up on me. Really, no big deal, I just called back. Except this time I got Justin. Justin was not interested in helping me at all. No, I had to order off the menu given, no exceptions. Ok, so I asked him what was in the steak soup. He said to me "steak I guess and maybe some vegetables". I told him that wasn't terribly helpful and he just stayed silent. So I was forced to go with my third option and left feeling resentful that I was paying $30+ for a meal when the staff person clearly couldn't care less. I will say the first guy was nice and the woman that delivered my tray was nice but it really only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole experience.

I didn't get a chance to check out the spa services and only noticed at checkout that they do free movies in a theater every evening. Both seem like they would be worthwhile though. They do offer free cider and cookies in the evening which are very good!

Room Tip: I was in the Atrium, not a super great view but a cute little balcony and I really enjoyed the 4 story waterfall in the middle of the area.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank SusanM223
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2012

Thank you for your comments. Please accept my apologies for the rude behavior that you encountered when you were simply trying to order a meal. It is unacceptable that you were disconnected and that you had to call back and then for you to be treated as you were. You just wanted to order room service, a function that is handled everyday at the hotel. Steps have been taken with Justin to assure that any future guest will not be treated the way you were. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed December 12, 2011

We had a very relaxing weekend. There were several Christmas parties going on at the Lodge that weekend and we didn't hear any of the noise from our room. The decorations were beautiful and the workers were so nice. I have been here several times. It is my favorite place to stay in the Lake of the Ozarks.

Room Tip: Get one with a view of the lake. The lodge is excellent but they have condos for larger groups.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank ColeyCole37

Thank you for choosing The Lodge for your relaxing weekend. We are happy to hear that you continue to return to The Lodge of Four Seasons and we look forward to your next visit with us.

Reviewed December 11, 2011

Just returned from weekend meetings.Fromt he time we walked into the lobby with the fireplace going and letting the kids make smores until we left was great.All the staff were great.Rooms were nice.I was in meetings all weekend but my family enjoyed the spa.And they also loved the pool.The only thing I would change is the ceiling tiles in our room was water stained.Overall great time.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled on business

Thank you for your comments. I want to assure you the water stained ceiling tiles have been replaced. We appreciate you letting us know there was an issue. We only hope that you will be able to return in the future with your family and that you will not be in a meeting the entire weekend. Thank you again and we look forward to your next visit at The Lodge of Four Seasons.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

Great spacious rooms in the Villas with full kitchen amenities; on-site movies (although dated) and daily activities. The Lodge has several restaurants to accommodate differing tastes and a dance club! You can drive to the Osage Beach Outlets within 10 minutes from the Lodge. Nice place! Not too far from Kansas City or St. Louis.

• Stayed: November 2011

Thank you for staying with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. It sounds like you found everything that you were looking for while you were here. Thank you again for choosing The Lodge.