“Very nice....beautiful grounds and lake views”

Lodge of Four Seasons
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Lake Ozark
San Antonio, Texas
“Very nice....beautiful grounds and lake views”
Reviewed May 6, 2011

Exceptional service. The playroom was closed for the season but they let my child have unlimited access to it whenever I wanted. All I had to do is just ask for the key. Beautiful gift shop too! The room was adequate.......could use a little updating. But, it is pretty good for the surrounding area...

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, May 10, 2011
Thank you for staying with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons we truly look forward to serving you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (275)
San Francisco, California
Reviewed April 30, 2011

WHAT A TRIP! While I'm not a regular reviewer, per se, the vacation we just returned from was so fabulous that I figured I would take the time to do it, especially since the trip was the only one we're taking this year, and it was made even MORE special due to the location we stayed at and the service we got.

My wife and I booked a trip to St. Louis to visit friends, but decided that we would take a "detour" for a few extra days of relaxation at the Lake of the Ozarks. After doing some research on "things to do", "areas to see", and "places to stay", we settled on the Lodge of Four Seasons. As I am a VERY thorough person, I took the time to determine the best "bang for the buck" when it came to the hotel and accommodations, but I often worry that website research is skewed, by taking ONLY the best pictures and posting the best of the best - meaning, "it's only downhill from here", once you arrive. Well...let me just say, that is NOT the case with the Lodge of Four Seasons! Not only were the accommodations pleasant, clean and relaxing, but the picturesque location, better-than-average customer service, and knowledgeable service and golf staff were the icing on the cake!

Upon check-in, I was a little taken aback at how many people were in the hotel entry-area. After the long drive from St. Louis, I wasn't in the mood to wait in a lengthy line - all I wanted to do was check in, and rest for while. There were several check-in counters busy, in order to accommodate the number of folks waiting. When we got to the counter the hostess was gracious, and thanked us for waiting, and quickly got us taken care of and off to our room. We were SHOCKED! It took less than 10 minutes to get through the folks ahead of us, and all of it was done with a smile.

After checking in, we went directly to the room , which was exactly as presented on the website - not better, not worse. I will add, however, that the view was much nicer than I had expected, so it was a nice treat! We rested on the beds (which hit me JUST right), and were ready for an evening out.

The next day I was able to get a round of golf in the morning, and I gotta say...what a great day it was! If you're going to Lake Ozark, April is DEFINITELY a great time to do it. The course was in good condition, my wife was happy, and my swing was better than I thought it would be after a day in the car! We had an excellent time, and played with another two-some, who turned out to be from the area and gave us some great tips on local fare. When we finished the round, the staff at the clubhouse was friendly, and willing to entertain my questions about the course and local area.

The next two days were just as nice! While we didn't spend much time in the hotel room, what time we DID have was pleasant, quiet, and enjoyable. Each day our service was clean, and I even left a note for the cleaning person to leave a couple extra towels...WHICH was accommodated!

All in all, we had a fabulous few extra days. While the drive from St. Louis to the Lodge was longer than I thought it would be, the trip was well worth it, and I am already excited about repeating the trip next year when we're in St. Louis. Next time, however, I'm adding an extra day or two at the Lodge!

Room Tip: Take advantage of the golf! Multiple courses!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for deciding to head to The Lake of the Ozarks and stay with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. I have been trying to come up with a way for you to take another trip this year back to The Lodge. I do understand that San Francisco is a little ways away from Missouri. The Lodge is centrally located in the state so there has to be some reason that you need to travel back to Missouri and then back to The Lodge. I guess if we have to wait till next year to see you again, we want you to know one thing, we will be here for you when you get here. Thank you again for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons for your relaxation detour.
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 29, 2011

Our friends from Kansas City purchased a special package through Groupon and asked us to come spend the weekend at Lake of the Ozarks with them. We had never heard of "The Lake" (as locals call it), but our friends have been a number of times and said we would enjoy it. We took their word for it and bought the same Groupon Package.

I was a little skeptical about the package. You know what they say "if it seems too good to be true..". It ended up being a great decision as we really enjoyed our stay. While the weather wasn't perfect for our stay, there was plenty to do around the resort and around "town". My buddy and I played golf (it was included in the package) while our wives went to the hotel's spa. Like I said, the weather wasn't perfect, but we still enjoyed the golf. The course was in great shape for this early in the season and the staff was great. Our wives said they had an equally enjoyable time at the spa.

Our package included breakfast but we didn't get to take advantage of it. The restaurant looked nice and we heard good things about the food. Our room was clean and comfortable. To be honest, we didn't spend much time in it. We were out and about exploring the local attractions. But while we were there it had everything we needed.

The entire staff at the hotel was awesome! We've stayed at a variety of hotels on our travels, and very few offer the friendliness and service that they offered here. I wish I remembered his name, but one of the bellman is from Jamaica, and was just great. He greeted us with a smile and made sure to say hello every time he saw us.

Anyway, we really enjoyed our stay and will definitely be back in the future. It's "only" a 6 hour drive from OKC. The Groupon deal was a great deal and we hope to see it again. But we'll definitely be back even if we pay the normal rate.

1 Thank Okie1976
Thank you for taking the chance on a “too good to be true” deal. We are certainly glad that you took that chance and made the 6 hour drive from OKC. The Lodge of Four Seasons strives to provide great customer service and we enjoy making people happy. Thank you again for taking the chance and we look forward to your next visit to The Lodge.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 28, 2011

My wife and I stayed here last weekend. I purchased a surprise getaway voucher that gave us a credit at the restaurant for dinner, breakfast and golf the next day! We travel often and we have never felt more at home. When we pulled up the bellman opened my wife’s side of the car and welcomed both of us to the resort. I knew at that time that I made the right decision for our getaway. When I approached the front desk I was welcomed by a young man who not only checked us in but gave us very detailed information about the resort. After we were finished with the check-in the bellman took us to our room.

We stayed in the main building in a room with an excellent view of the Lake! Not only that but there was a balcony for us to enjoy the sunset with a nice glass of wine. The next day I played a great round of golf at the course across the street from the resort while my wife was at the spa. After arriving back to the room I was shocked to see my wife SO relaxed. We ate dinner that same night at HK’s and concluded with an after dinner drink at the bar in the lobby. The next day we had breakfast at Breeze’s and we had great server. The only regreat I had was not staying an additional day. This is the best kept secret in Missouri. I am from Kansas City and my parents have always talked about The Lodge and now I know why they did.

1 Thank golfer19651965
Thank you for choosing The Lodge of Four Seasons for your surprise getaway. It is great to hear that you had the opportunity to enjoy so many of our amenities during your weekend with us. Thank you again for staying with us at The Lodge and we look forward to serving you in the future.
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 27, 2011

From the moment we walked in, we felt so relaxed. The lobby was so welcoming. The front desk person who checked us in was very knowledgeable and went over every detail to make sure that we were well informed. On our way to the room we passed by this incredible indoor waterfall. It rained a lot while we were there so I didn't get to wander around much outside. But looking out the windows in the restaurants the landscape and scenery was beautiful. Everyone that I encountered was very friendly and helpful. It was such a wonderful experience. I have already made reservations for Memorial Day weekend!

1 Thank justme1411
Thank you for your comments. We appreciate the kind words and look forward to your next visit with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons.
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed April 25, 2011

Normally I'm not one to leave comments on a service, because every company has flaws. But With its horrible customer service, food, and pool hours/rules, this hotel has changed my views dramatically. i am steamed

I live in KC so it was a 3 hour drive to begin with, but Ive been to the Ozarks many times before and always have a great time so the drive is never an issue. As soon as my wife and i walked into this hotel, we immediately wanted to just relax in our room and have a drink. So after waiting by the front desk for 25 mins with no one there to help, i search for assistance myself.
We get our key, and head for the room. Walking into the room, theres an instant smell, trash everywhere, and to top it off, they gave us a room with two beds. ok. maybe someone slipped on a keystoke. we go back down to the Front desk and try to get a new room... they were out. even though we made a reservation 4 MONTHS AGO. so they give us a king on the top floor, but on one condition, we have to cut our weekend by a day. we agree just to get some rest and head for bed. oh and the door lock was broken

they gave us a free breakfast in the morning, buffet, how generous. we fill our plates and not 5 min into chowing down, i realize the biscuits weren't even cooked thoroughly. It made me sick. so i figure maybe we can hit the hot tub and swim. NOPE. closed for lightning conditions, even though its INSIDE.

we leave early, and try to let the manager know all of our troubles, but we received nothing but a dose of sarcastic sympathy.

. ive just never been so furious and disgusted with a hotel.
please read and never go here. just looking out

Room Tip: pop a tent, you'll have better luck
5 Thank saltygreg
I would like to offer you a sincere apology for the challenges that you encountered during your weekend stay with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. I want to assure you that the issues you have shared have been discussed with the appropriate departments. Also it is our policy that whenever we have a thunderstorm with lighting we shut down our pools. The morning that you have mentioned we did have to shut down the pool for a couple of hours. The pool is an indoor / outdoor pool and the outside walls are windows and we are always looking out for the safety of our guests. If you would like to discuss your stay with me please do not hesitate to contact me at your convenience. We would like to have the opportunity to serve you again in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Lake Ozark hotels

St. Louis, Missouri
Reviewed April 18, 2011

We could not get waited on at HK's bar before dinner. Everyone ignored us. We sat there with a 20 dangling over the bar and the bartender acted like he did not want to be bothered. When we were seated it took 20 minutes to get wine and then we had to ask for water. Then it took another 15 minutes before our order was taken. We finally got rolls when half of our dinner was done after asking several times. Everyone just sort of ignored us. We spent $160 on greasy onion rings and an overdone steak. I asked for the manager twice and when he came over he was not friendly at all.
The couple we were with own property close by and could not believe the poor service.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
MoFord, Carl Clark - Vice President of Operations at Lodge of Four Seasons, responded to this review, April 25, 2011
We would like for you to know that your review has been reviewed not only with our Food and Beverage department but all of our staff. We want everyone to be aware of the poor service that you and your party received while staying and dining with us at The Lodge of Four Seasons. We strive to maintain a high level of customer service and it is obvious that you did not receive that level of service. Please accept my sincere apology for the challenges that you endured. If you would like to discuss your evening with me further please feel free to contact me. Everyone at The Lodge of Four Seasons hope they get the chance to serve you again in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lake Ozark
Camden on the Lake Resort
Camden on the Lake Resort
#1 of 12 in Lake Ozark
Tan-Tar-A Resort, Golf Club, Marina & Indoor Waterpark

Been to Lodge of Four Seasons? Share your experiences!