“Back again....”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kirkwood
Louisville, Kentucky
“Back again....”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Stayed here again this summer while visiting relatives in St. Louis. Once again the place is nothing that will take your breath away, but it is clean and in a great location with lots of parking and close by shopping for necessities. Staff is friendly and efficient. This trip we ate at the attached Chili's restaurant and had a couple of beers in the on site tavern called "Van's". Very comfortable little bar and this Chili's is just like every other one you have been in to have a meal. Since last year I think the rooms have received a bit of a face lift with some new carpet and some other work. It's an older property but like I said it is clean and maintained well. One minor issue this trip with housekeeping as we had a block of three rooms all next to each other. For some reason one day they only made up two of the three rooms. Not sure what happened or why but the next day everything was done properly and I will write this off as a minor blip. This place is close to Grant's Farm for a fun kids trip and quick access to I-44 and into downtown for the Arch and the Stadium. I'll stay here again next year.

Room Tip: Room 200 is right next to the conference room and can get some noise from early starting meetings.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Good Morning and thanks for sharing your experience staying with us. We appreciate your continued business when you return to visit family in St. Louis! I apologize for the oversight with servicing one of your rooms, but I was happy to read that we took care of it the next day. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay, as well as Chili's and Van's Tavern. We look forward to seeing you again next year!
Cynthia L. Brasseur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Dayton, United States
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I am a very frequent travel and a Hilton Honors Diamond member. I stayed at this Best Western with my family because I was traveling with my family across country by car with two small children and two cats. This is a pet friendly hotel. They have designated pet rooms so as not to endanger anyone else with allergies. The pet room was kept to the same standard of cleanliness as the non-pet room. The staff at the front desk went to great lengths to secure two rooms for us that were across the hall from each other. The pool was sparkling clean, and the Chili's restaurant which is attached was very well run with equally efficient and friendly service. I feel that this property is superior to the comparable Hilton brands (Hampton Inns and Hilton Garden Inns) in which I have stayed over the past several years. Depending on my destination and reasons for travel, I stay in 3 to 5 star hotels. This is a 3 star hotel which is extremely well run and properly furnished for its market. My accompanied ratings are based on comparisons to other hotels in this class of hotel. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone looking for lodging in this area and within this price range.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Sharon A
Good Morning and thank you so much for the glowing review of your recent stay with us. Our entire team has been "high-fiving" after reading your comments! We take great pride in our property and our commitment to providing the very best in customer service; so it is wonderful to hear that our guests notice and appreciate. Should you ever return through St. Louis, we look forward to being of service again!
Michigan
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Our son was getting married in St. Louis and we live in Michigan. It was my job to find a hotel for all the family coming in from all over. I had certain criteria... in the Kirkwood, MO vicinity, outdoor pool, free breakfast, close to interstates, shopping and restaurants close by and free internet. I searched and searched online and found the Kirkwood Best Western, called reservations and blocked multiple rooms for multiple days with Heather. She gave me a fantastic rate and even helped me with possible restaurants to have the rehearsal dinner at. When we arrived, we were greeted by Heather and we were even allowed to get into our rooms a little early so we could get ready for a dinner we had to attend. A few little quirks like my hair dryer went out and within an hour, I had a new hair dryer in my room... very impressive. The pool was clean and served as a wonderful place for our family to hang out. I will for sure go back to the Kirkwood Best Western!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Hello!

Thank you for posting your review regarding your recent stay at our BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn and your complimentary comments, which have delighted our entire team. We are all so pleased that you enjoyed your stay, especially on such an important occasion!

We appreciate your loyalty to our BEST WESTERN brand!

Best,
Sullivan, Illinois
Reviewed June 17, 2013

We stayed overnight June 15th in this hotel. It was a few miles outside of St. Louis but was right off the highway and had a lot of options for food and shoping nearby. Chilis resturant is on the 2nd floor of this hotel and they have menus in your rooms to check out before you go or you can call in room service. I could not find the ice bucket so I asked at the front desk. They told me it was on top of my fridge. I didn't know I had a fridge. Check it out every room has a fridge in the room under the TV (very cool). Free hot breakfast the next morning was above average. Hot eggs, bacon, etc. As I checked out the lady at the front desk wished me a happy father's day and actually beat my kids to it. That was really nice. Overall good place to stay.

Room Tip: This hotel has 10% off deals with 3 local resturants, with one being at the hotel. Ask the front de...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, June 22, 2013
Greetings!
Thank you so much for the glowing review of your stay! We are all delighted that you and your family enjoyed your time with us - we appreciate your sharing your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope you will visit again [perhaps Mother's Day :-) ?] Best wishes from Team BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn!
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I visited this hotel May 31 to June 3 and I was very pleased with my experience. I had never been to the St. Louis area before, and the hotel and staff made my time there even more enjoyable. The staff was very friendly and informative, especially when we were hit with bad weather that I had never experienced before. The hotel as a whole was very clean and our rooms were properly stocked every night. The location of the hotel was also great because it was within walking distance of many restaurants and grocery stores, and was only a short distance from downtown St. Louis. Overall, I had a wonderful experience at this hotel and would reccomend it to anyone looking for a hotel in that area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, June 8, 2013
Hi Cloie,
Our entire team was thrilled to read your comments about your recent stay and thank you for your unqualified recommendation for future travelers! We especially appreciate your noting that you pleased with how we handled the severe weather emergency that occured during your stay. We take our responsibility for our guest's safety very seriously. We hope that you will have the opportunity to visit again in the future.
Cynthia Brasseur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwood
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Best Western Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!