“Okay place to stay”

Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kirkwood
Santa Clarita, California
“Okay place to stay”
Reviewed August 12, 2012

We have been on a two week road trip, staying mostly at BW hotels along the way.....this hotel was fine and the staff friendly and attentive. It was nice that there is a Chili's restaurant attached but we didn't know it until we got there and had already eaten:( LOTS of restaurants close by to choose from. Relatively clean and nice size rooms.

Room Tip: Rooms on both sides overlook restaurants and mall parking lot....Don't think one side is better...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn. We hope you enjoyed your stay and visit to St. Louis.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey. We appreciate your loyalty to our BEST WESTERN brand.

Cynthia Brasseur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Reviewed August 8, 2012

I found my room and stay to be quite pleasant. The front desk staff was some of the best I've come across in my many stays across the Midwest. I'd recommend it highly. Although I didn't go in Van's, as I walked by it looked inviting. Did I mention there is a Chili's attached to the hotel!! Thank the lord, because I found myself hungry and not wanting to drive.

• Stayed August 2012
Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts about your stay. Your comments about our front desk team made us all grin and share high-5's! We endeavor to make a great memory for each of our guests and we hope you will remember us on your next visit to St. Louis.
Cynthia
Lake Bluff, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2012

Consistently excellent! From check in to check out and everything in between, the staff was excellent and catered to my every need. For those of us that are motorcycle riders, this place is awesome! At check in you are given, a micro fibers cleaning cloth and black handkerchief and a kick stand block. At check out, or pretty any time, the front desk will give you micro fiber wash rags to wipe down your bike with a specific motorcycle parking area that is right directly in front of entrance to the hotel (great for keeping your bike secure). And after a full day of riding, it's nice to have a safe place to park your bike and perfect place to wash off the road grim and bugs the following day before you take off.

I spoke to the Manager of the hotel who made me feel instantly at home. She really knows how to treat customer well. I have been back several times and the staff and cleanness of the rooms has always been top shelf.

I highly recommend this hotel !!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Hello Greg B... Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

I am pleased to see that you enjoyed your trip to St. Louis and your stay with us here at the BEST WESTERN Kirkwood Inn. Our entire teams prides ourselves on our product quality and customer service, so it's wonderful when a guest notices our efforts and compliments us on them.

I was also happy to see that you experienced our "Ride Friendly" accommodations for motorcyclists. Our location on Historic Route 66, as well as our brand affiliation with Harley-Davidson has made our hotel a perfect stop over for touring. I've often heard that in addition to our motorcycle wash station, our outdoor pool caps a perfect summer day of riding!

Thank you again for your feedback. We look forward to your next trip to St. Louis.
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I haven't actually stayed at the hotel,l but I was really taken with the little bar because it had couches to sit in, and I went there to meet friends sometimes. When we met there last, the couches were gone and had been replaced by a table and straight-back chairs, not even padded. I asked the barmaid why they were taken out, and she said Best Western didn't think it fit their style, or something like that. I'd just like to say it was so charming with the couches, and we all liked it, but we have no desire to go there any more and sit in a hard chair around a table. Please bring back the couches, it's much more inviting and comfortable!

Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for sharing your experience at Van's Tavern with us. Indeed, our sofa area was recently replaced with a temporary seating arrangement while we consider new decor. Your "sofa-vote" is appreciated and will definitely be counted when we finalize our plan!
Fox River Grove, Illinois
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I had the opportunity to stay in Kirkwood, MO. again this year. A friend of mine recommended the Kirkwood Best Western as a perfect locale for the area 5 years ago and I've stayed there ever since. I wasn't disappointed. The service is consistent and top-notch (as Andrea at the front desk took very nice care of us). The room was freshly remodeled and very clean. We had a few hours to use the pool and have a few drinks at Van's Tavern....it was perfect. We really enjoyed having the selection of restaurants & stores within walking distance. To be honest....we didn't have one issue! We're definitely coming back again. BTW- motorcycle accommodations are awesome- up front parking area w/washing area & micro fiber towels and HD dealer 2 blocks away!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your time, and are thankful that you were able to provide us with your feedback.

We work very hard to keep our hotel clean and refreshed, so it's wonderful when guests notice and compliment us on our efforts. Thank you.

Our location, with so much shopping and dining options within walking distance, receives rave reviews on a daily basis. I'm happy you found it convenient. I'm also delighted to see that you found our staff to be accommodating. I will make sure they are aware of your comments, especially Andrea!

Thank you again for your time, and we look forward to serving you again soon
Versailles, Kentucky
Reviewed July 17, 2012

The worst part of my experience with this hotel was the customer service. To begin with, it is not a bad property per se. The location is not that far from many of the attractions we wished to see (Grant's Farm, Science Center, St Louis Zoo). I think it took us about 15-20 minutes to get to the Arch which is downtown. It is not at all picturesque (the hotel sits in the middle of a parking lot surrounded by Wal-Mart, Target, Lowe's, etc), but the parking was free and the rooms ok. Wallpaper was peeling in some parts of our room and the bathroom was very small with little counter space for toiletries, etc, but the beds were comfortable and the room basically clean (although I was a little concerned about the sheets on my bed which had, I hope, small ink stains on them and not the little brown fecal matter spots you get with bedbugs). I don't really ask for much. However, when I book a room at a certain price, I expect that price at check-out. I booked our room through AAA and was given a confirmation for a total of $389.52 for three nights for a non-smoking room with 2 queen beds. When I checked in, I signed a slip that stated we would be charged $121.49 for the first night and $107.99 for the following two nights + taxes. The day we were to check-out, a receipt was left under our door and we had been charged $121.49 for all three nights. When my husband went down to the desk to discuss this, he was told that $121.49 was the AAA rate. He persisted (the desk clerk seemed completely unconcerned that they might have made a mistake) and the clerk reluctantly said she would check on it. When I came down to turn in the room card keys (which didn't work very well I might add, we got stuck outside our room one day because they had BOTH become demagnetized?!), she had corrected the mistake, but tried to blame it all on AAA/Travelocity. Why was the rate correct when we checked-in then if AAA/Travelocity made the mistake? Besides, in all the years I have booked hotels through AAA, I have never had this happen. But the worst part was when I expressed my displeasure over the experience, the clerk started to basically yell at me and question why I was upset. She had the absolute worst customer service skills. It is never a good idea to raise your voice and challenge an already angry customer. You will not resolve the situation by doing that. This was my first time staying at a Best Western and I certainly will never stay at another one. Obviously they don't do much in the way of customer service training with their staff.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Deborah H
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, July 19, 2012
Dear Deborah:
Thank you for your review of our hotel. I certainly apologize for the inconveniences you experienced. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and can assure you that your issues will be addressed immediately. Again, I wish to thank you for all your comments. Regards, Cynthia L. Brasseur
Aalst, Belgium
Reviewed July 15, 2012

The hotel is clean and nice but to expensive if you take everything into account, especially the location and the WiFi.

The location is far from downtown St Louis and is in a shopping center. The WiFi was not working and the reaction from the front desk was: "oh I am happy that you tell me because I did not know"

There is a Chili restaurant on site with very frindly waitresses.

The parking is free and there is enough space.

The free breakfast is nice too with hot and cold items and waffles.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
clbrasseur, General Manager at Best Western Kirkwood Inn, responded to this review, July 17, 2012
Good Morning!
We appreciate your comments about your recent stay and I am very sorry that your experienced problems with our free internet service while with us. We discovered that our D-Link switch had gone out and once diagnosed, we replaced immediately. Your business is very important to us and we value your feedback. By sharing your thoughts about your stay, and how we can improve, you are helping us to deliver a superior experience for you and other guests in the future. We hope that you will offer us the opportunity to provide you with an improved level of product quality and customer service on your next visit to St. Louis.
Cynthia L. Brasseur
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirkwood
Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Days Inn ST. Louis Lindbergh Boulevard
Holiday Inn St. Louis SW Route 66
Best Western St. Louis Inn
Best Western St. Louis Inn
#1 of 1 in Tesson Ferry
Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis/South I-55
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis Westport
La Quinta Inn & Suites St. Louis...
#2 of 17 in Maryland Heights

Been to Best Western Kirkwood Inn? Share your experiences!