“Great selection of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar Louie

Bar Louie
Ranked #23 of 61 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: American, Bar
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great selection of food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

Love the food here. hey have a huge selection of bar food, as well as somewhat upscale food dishes. Everything is delicious. The service is great as well. Never really have to wait to be served because the restaurant is so big.

Visited November 2011

Louisville, Kentucky
“Nice Place....weak service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

Stopped in for a drink on a Friday afternoon with a group of adult family members. The bar is nicely decorated and located in what I believe is an old train station. Drink were "ok", service was incredibly slow. We sat for 15 minutes before we were asked what we wanted and then waited 20 minutes for 6 drinks to arrive. Can't comment on the food as we did not eat there.

If they get their servers up to par I think this would be a fabulous place.

• Visited September 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Ugh--don't even bother”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

Worst experience, ever (and I generally don't indulge in hyperbole.)
Monday night--busy, but not packed. We are first seated under an a/c vent that is gusting strongly enough that it blows back my hair. It is also freezing cold. We are reseated and watch as two other couples are seated at that table and also ask to be moved. We are ignored for about 20 minutes, and then a waitress notices us and takes our drink order, which she subsequently gets wrong. We are left to stew for another 15 or so minutes before flagging down our waitress and asking if we can order food. She seemed surprised that we might want to do this. I place my order, and then our waitress WALKS AWAY BEFORE MY COMPANION CAN ORDER ANYTHING! (she was busy flirting with some guys at the end of the bar.) We have to actually get up and chase her down to finish ordering. It takes 1/2 hour to get our food--another waitress brings us our entrees, and, when we ask about the appetizer we had ordered, she tells us that her hands were full, so she's bringing that to us next (?!?!) I'm betting, though I didn't try eating it to find out, that the app had been festering under the heat lamp for a while before someone wondered about it what it might be doing there. We explain the new waitress that we will pay for the drinks we consumed and then we will leave, as we are just too angry to eat (I made a point of telling her I knew it wasn't her fault--she was an innocent bystander, really.) She brings over the manager, who is very polite and apologetic, and who tries to offer us a gift card, but I don't think we'll be using it. Still a little bit with the boiling with rage and all.

For the sake of context: I have never walked out a restaurant in anger before, know how hard wait staffers work and generally try to be understanding in less-than-perfect dining experiences. There was no excuse for this one, though.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“Horrible service, generic cocktails”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I can't say that I'm a fan of any Bar Louie's in general, but this one was definitely the worst. The service was non existent. The drinks were absolutely horrible. I was there with a fairly large group in July 2012 and boy did we wish we went somewhere else... The bloody Mary which I first ordered was so watered down and tasteless that I sent it back (only to receive a similar margarita).

There are better places in the area...

Visited July 2012
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place to eat outside and people watch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 23, 2012

Had a nice dinner with my wife at Bar Louie. The food and service was very good. The inside seating is nothing special. It felt like a TGI.Fridays with dimmer lighting. The patio on the other hand is fantastic. It sits near a large open sidewalk area with a fountain. There also is a outdoor stage where free concerts are performed on certain evenings.

• Visited June 2012