“Ranoush - A restaurant worth a repeat visit!”
Review of Ranoush - CLOSED

Ranoush
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Buffet, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Head chef & owner of Ranoush, Aboud Alhamid brings to Saint Louis the finest combination of Middle Eastern cuisine. Aboud hails from Syria, the heart of the Middle East. He incorporates his mom’s home & family recipes along with the freshest ingredients to Ranoush’s menu in order for customers to enjoy a truly authentic Syrian experience. Aboud has been working in the hospitality industry for more than twelve years around the world. He wishes to import the same fun & animated atmosphere here to Ranoush. Aboud is grateful to be here in the land of opportunity, realizing his dream of building cultural connections between the East and West through food & enjoyment. So what does “Ranoush” mean, you ask? It is an Arabic lady’s nickname – Aboud named his restaurant after his wife. Here at Ranoush, Aboud offers you the Syrian experience from the heart of the Middle East. Enjoy! And Ahlan wa sahlan!
Creve Coeur, Missouri
“Ranoush - A restaurant worth a repeat visit!”
Reviewed July 19, 2014

A large group of us (12+) ordered take out from Ranoush last evening. Many, including me, had never eaten there before. The restaurant is located in downtown Kirkwood on the east side of Kirkwood Road.

Menu options seemed rather limited and I had no idea about the size of served portions. Between all of our separate orders, someone tried everything on the menu that they were not already sold out of (always a good sign!)...

The food was ready when promised, they were happy to ring up each order separately, all orders were well marked in the bags, and nothing was missing (except silverware, which we didn't ask for anyway).

Everything was flavorful and the portions were well-sized for the money. In fact, collectively we ordered too much so nearly everyone took food home. Next time I would probably just plan on ordering "tapas style" so we could all try a small portion of each item.

It is on my list to dine at Ranoush again soon in a spot on their outdoor patio. Though I really enjoyed what I ordered, several other options looked great so I have a whole list of things to try on a future trip!

• Visited July 2014

Saint James, Missouri
“Incredibly good food!”
Reviewed July 7, 2014 via mobile

Fun decor (murals, prints, lots of tile), fast friendly service, and wonderful food!

It seems they have more outdoor seating than indoor, but that's just an impression. Lots of cushions and pillows in the outdoor dining gives the feel of a bazaar.

Fresh food prepared quickly, with large portions. The falafel was moist, not dry and chokey. I could eat their kibbeh every day and not get tired of it - nicely spiced and flavorful. The baba ganoush was the best we've ever had anywhere.

Add great attentive service and a nice wine, beer, and cocktail list and you have a wonderful Syrian dining choice in Kirkwood! We'll be back again soon.

Milwaukee
“Stumbled upon a Gem! The Food is Awesome!”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

We visited St. Louis (from Milwaukee) and literally stumbled upon this restaurant walking in the area. The food was FANTASTIC! The service great. Having eaten Middle Eastern on many occasions, I found the food here to be some of the best I've eaten. If I lived in St. Louis, this restaurant would be on my favorites list. Kudos!

• Visited June 2014
Rolla, Missouri
“Third time visit, better than before when we liked a lot ”
Reviewed June 30, 2014 via mobile

Three if us met there wanting some reasonably healthy food

Hummus for appetizer with pita type bread was very good

I had the vegetarian platter with parsley salad, baba ganoush, falafel , all were excellent. The salad especially. Wife and daughter enjoyed Chicken Schwarma. It was a great time eating outside under their tent.

For desert we had Baklava that was one of the best deserts of any kind that we have ever eaten. It was light and sweet and just.

We liked Ranoush before, but now it is one of our favorites

Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great place in a great location”
Reviewed May 1, 2014 via mobile

This is a great little restaurant. The service was excellent and so was the food. I've eaten here a few times and each time has been excellent. It's great Kirkwood location makes it easy to walk around downtown Kirkwood before or after.

Visited May 2014