“My Favorite!”

Ranoush
Cuisines: Middle Eastern
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Head chef & owner of Ranoush, Aboud Alhamid brings to Saint Louis the finest combination of Middle Eastern cuisine. Aboud hails from Syria, the heart of the Middle East. He incorporates his mom’s home & family recipes along with the freshest ingredients to Ranoush’s menu in order for customers to enjoy a truly authentic Syrian experience. Aboud has been working in the hospitality industry for more than twelve years around the world. He wishes to import the same fun & animated atmosphere here to Ranoush. Aboud is grateful to be here in the land of opportunity, realizing his dream of building cultural connections between the East and West through food & enjoyment. So what does “Ranoush” mean, you ask? It is an Arabic lady’s nickname – Aboud named his restaurant after his wife. Here at Ranoush, Aboud offers you the Syrian experience from the heart of the Middle East. Enjoy! And Ahlan wa sahlan!
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is my new favorite restaurant! I have eaten here twice in the last month and have thoroughly enjoyed both meals. The menu is extensive and may need some explanation, so it's good to have waiters and waitresses who take pride in the cuisine and will spend the time to teach you about the offerings.(Our waiter this time was Alon, and he was charming!) He stressed how the owner takes such pride in making the dishes correctly because that's how Arabic food should be! My friend is vegetarian, and the meatless choices were abundant. Don't miss the baklava and other desserts and enjoy them with a pot of their special tea at the end. I'm planning to eat at Ranoush again very soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013

First visit here. Extensive menu with lots of choices. Can almost be overwhelming. I had a chicken kabob which was just run of the mill. The chicken was quite dry and over grilled. I asked for a lemon wedge to help brighten and moisten it and was told they were out. I settled on lime wedges. I would have liked to have had more veggies with it too. The beef schawarma was good and not dry at all. Their hummus is homemade and good, served with a drizzle of olive oil and whole chick peas on top. Yum! Served with fresh pitas. Mint tea is refreshing. I found it a bit on the pricey side. The atmosphere is nice and you can enjoy a hookah on the patio if you desire.

Reviewed June 5, 2013

creative decor and servings big enough to share--2 mains for 3 people + an appetizer probably works for most. The burger and beer joint next door and the pasta plate as big as a dishpan up the street unfortunately suck in customers that should really be a bit more adventuresome and give this place a try.

Reviewed May 31, 2013

We went to this place because of good feedback.So I can tell you gyus this is the worst restaurant I ever been. All meet is overcooked, shrimps, beef chicken.Portions are small and a lot of lettuce. Don't waste your time on this crapy restaurant.

1  Thank renas71
Reviewed May 28, 2013

Ranoush's lovely take on Middle East ambience and cuisine put the spice of variety in the evening. The decor was warm and evocative but not overdone. My cocktail was a unique offering called The Elixir of Life. The three items on my grill platter were each distinct and delicious. and my companion raved about the vegetarian plate. The accompanying salads were bursting with freshness and though the portions were generous, everything was so good we ate it all! And topped it off with a lighter than air baklava. And oh yes, did I mention the evening's delightful entertainment? Stop by and enjoy it all!