Hampton Inn St. Louis/Sunset Hills
Best Western Kirkwood Inn(Kirkwood)(Great Value!)
$144
$172
Hilton.com
$100
Travelocity
Pear Tree Inn St. Louis Fenton(Fenton)(Great Value!)
$80
TripAdvisor
All reviewssunset hillsmagic houseroom was cleanhot tubnext morningoatmealconvenient locationbusiness tripst louisinnsdeskdowntown
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Agree that the beds were pretty soft. I like to have a mini frig in my room, and I probably should have asked for one, but prefer rooms that just have them. Really clean facility. Breakfast was OK. Their hot selections were not as good as other places I've been.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed October 22, 2010

We stayed two nights at the Hampton Inn while in St. Louis to tour the Magic House, attend a wedding and go to Sky Zone. The hotel itself was very average, not really worth the $120 per night that I was charged. Our room was never cleaned during our stay. When we came back on Saturday afternoon we saw the cleaning person on our floor but she never came to our room. When we returned from having dinner we had to go to the front desk to request more towels which may seem trivial but I expected better service than that from Hampton Inn, especially when my total bill was $280.08.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2010

My family (mom, sister and I) recently stayed 3 nights at the Hampton Inn at Sunset Hills. As part of a group for a WWII reunion. We asked for 2 adjoining rooms when making the reservation and even though the hotel was full and we arrived later in the evening, the rooms were waiting for us. Rooms were very clean and nicely furnished. Breakfast was good. The hospitality room for the reunion worked out great and the staff was very accomodating. The Denny's next door was nice for a late night snack as was the Steak and Shake across the street. Very close to Kirkwood (Amtrack station) and lots of shopping and restaurants in the area. Hotel staff was very helpful.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2009

I had a great stay at Hampton Inn last week. I almost always stick with Hamptons and am rarely disappointed. The staff was especially helpful in this location. Ask for Dennis and he'll give you lots of tips about stuff to do (especially if you like Blues and Jazz) and lots of good eats. It's really nice to feel like the hotel staff you're talking to aren't just going through the paces in answering your questions.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed March 3, 2008

I've stayed at Kirkwood several times, but became increasingly disappointed with the upkeep of their hotel. I've since switched to the Hampton Inn and have been very pleased. Clean rooms, very comfortable beds and pillows, and a good continental breakfast.

I'm a business traveler, so I haven't tried out the hotel amenities, such as the pool for fitness room. Other than check-in being a little slow at times, I have no complaints.

Stayed: January 2008