“Good food, good wine selection, attentive servers!”
Review of One 19 North

One 19 North
Ranked #9 of 62 Restaurants in Kirkwood
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed February 12, 2013

One 19 North is a small casual tapas/wine restaurant with everything going for it. Good location, a nice variety of small plates, a fair selection of wines, and knowledgeable, efficient servers. My party of three shared several appetizers, entrees and desserts. All were excellent. My only disappointment was with the fried manchego which was no fault of the restaurant. Frying manchego completely destroys its wonderful flavor. I would order something different next visit and I will be back.

Reviewed January 23, 2013

This was my second trip to One19 North in Kirkwood. It's a great place to go before or after the local theatre scene (The Rep, Stages, Kirkwood Theatre Guild). Do NOT miss the New Orleans BBQ shrimp! The sauce is a delightful blend of BBQ, sweetness with some kick. I'm a spice weanie and I still love the little kick these shrimp have. They are served with crunchy, toasted bread slices and you WILL be mopping up the sauce when the shrimp are gone! The calamari dish is good as is the hummus, flatbread and bruschetta. Nice wine selection. Great wait staff (if on the young side!) and a great, relaxed atmosphere. Make reservations if you're going at a prime time. We went early (6:00) and had no trouble getting a table. This will be a regular stop for me!

Reviewed January 11, 2013

We were a little late for our reservation and were seated immediately. We ordered right away while waiting for the rest of our party to arrive so they didn't feel we would linger forever and not order.
I had a Ensalada One to start and it was great. When we were still waiting on the final 2 friends to arrive, already eating our food, the manager came over and asked to remove one of our tables telling us he wasn't making money off an empty table. He stated he had another party of 7 to seat soon and needed the space. He must have booked parties too close together and doesn't expect/ want customers to linger at their tables. We insisted they were coming shortly and when they arrived we ordered more foods and drinks.
We tried 12 dishes and 2 desserts. The food was great and our waiter was great but the manager's behavior really turned me off to the place and we'll see if I return.
The Owner called my friend who made the reservation and was very kind and apologetic about the manager's behavior to us. He showed his apology by offering to send us a gift certificate to return. I'll probably try it again after a few months and just order at the bar.

Reviewed November 4, 2012

We tried One 19 North for the first time yesterday. We made reservations and were seated as we arrived. This is a small charming restaurant bar well decorated with friendly staff. Everything we ordered was delicious: baked goat cheese, crispy artichoke hearts, olive tapenade bruschetta, calamari, fried Monchego, and lamb chops. Our favorite was the lamb chops. It is served with some type of curry spiced sauce and plated on a bed of couscous. The calamari was well prepared with crispy and light batter and the dipping mango sauce was very good. As we left they were setting up for live music. Our server was very nice to invite us back and suggested we reserve a table towards the back if we ever come later in the evening when live music is playing to better enjoy the atmosphere. We had a lovely evening and will be back. Reservations recommended as the place was busy and many were turned away due to long wait on a Saturday evening.

Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Everything we ordered was excellent. Service was top notch and very attentive. Our drinks we never empty and as soon as we finished a plate it was picked up and the place was packed. We will be back very soon.