“Good stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kirksville
Reviewed February 14, 2011

My son and I stayed here this weekend attending a high school band event at Truman University. The Comfort Inn was convenient, very reasonably priced (I used my AAA discount) and we had a good stay. Our room was large and had a micro and fridge. Coffee maker, too, I believe. The room looked recently redone, and the bed felt new and there were plenty of pillows. The bath towels were also acceptable - fluffy enough and, while not huge, bigger than many I have tried to dry myself with. Breakfast was better than expected - they had waffles (make your own), hard boiled eggs and fruit, along with all the usual things. I would like to see one more mirror outside of the bathroom (with a light nearby) - so I can get ready while my travel partner is in the shower, but that is my only complaint about the hotel, and it's not much of one!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank baseballover

Reviewed July 25, 2010

This place was awesome. The staff was polite, the rooms were great. Breakfast was nice and they even let me take some with me, an apple and banana. Other places would frown and say no. THeir service was great and I will definately stay here when on business again

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Smash42
Paul2209, Front Office Manager at Quality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 14, 2012

Thank you so much for your review, we often only here the negative but yours was a great boost to our egos. We strive to do our best and keep our guests coming back when they are in the Kirksville area. Thanks again.

Reviewed June 14, 2010

Recently went to Kirksville to see Truman State and stayed at this hotel. The staff was very polite and accommodating to our needs. The room was very clean and neat with a larger than average fridge and also a microwave. The hotel and lobby/breakfast area were very clean but the hallway rugs were ok and needed some updating...but that was a very minor item. I am returning to Kirksville soon and intend on staying here again. A great buy for the price.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Charlton D
Reviewed November 9, 2009

I have stayed at this motel many times, but after what happened last month I will never stay there again. After I checked in, I discovered that my bed had someone else's hair in it. I figured that we all make mistakes and simply asked for another room, but my second room had even more of someone else's hair in the bed. I then went downstairs and explained to the front desk why I couldn't stay there, and they were polite enough, saying that they had just hired two new housekeepers and that that was probably the problem. It turned out that one of my work colleagues had the exact same problem there later that night, except that her beds had sunflower seeds as well as hair and the staff was very rude to her. I haven't yet stayed in the Kirksville Holiday Inn Express but will certainly try to get a room there the next time I'm in town. If that doesn't work, I will stay in another town rather than reward the poor hygiene and discourtesy at the Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank sonofposeidon
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This a great place to stay when one is away from home. The room was very clean and I especially enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave . It was very hot when I was there , and really appreciated the cold air conditioning in the room. This will always be the place that I will stay when returning to Kirksville.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed April 2, 2009

My daughter and I stayed just one night in late March 2009, when we were in town on a short tour of college campuses. (Truman State University is in Kirksville.)
This hotel is made up of a long two-story building that looks a bit more inviting from the inside than from the outside. It is designed a bit strangely, with staircases at the ends but none in the center. The result is, if your room (like ours) is situated right above reception, you need to go to one end of the building or the other in order to get up to it.
The room was clean and comfortable, and included a coffee-maker and a hair dryer. The bathroom was clean, and the towels were nice and fluffy.
The reception staff was friendly and helpful. Since we were looking at the possibility of my daughter spending four years in the town, we asked a lot of questions, and the evening receptionist gave us plenty of useful information about getting around, apartment rental rates, etc. Also, there were fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies available at the front desk.
Breakfast included bagels & cream cheese, hard-boiled eggs, make-your-own Belgian waffles, pastries, and toast, as well as the usual selection of beverages. There was no indication that one had to consume breakfast in the breakfast room, so we brought it back to our room to eat.
We used their wireless internet service during our stay, and it worked fine.
As to the neighborhood, there was a WalMart across the street, a Burger King right next door on one side, and a Sonic a couple of doors down on the other side. There was also a Ruby Tuesday fairly close by.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I loved everything about this hotel. It was spotless, the bed was amazingly comfortable. The A/C - Heater unit in the wall actually worked according to the thermometer within so the room was comfortable as well. Nothing to not like, the staff was very friendly and I had no problems with check-in or check-out.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
Days Inn Kirksville
No photo provided
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#6 of 8 in Kirksville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!