“Great place to stay”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kirksville
Reviewed August 8, 2009

This a great place to stay when one is away from home. The room was very clean and I especially enjoyed having a refrigerator and microwave . It was very hot when I was there , and really appreciated the cold air conditioning in the room. This will always be the place that I will stay when returning to Kirksville.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled solo

Reviewed April 2, 2009

My daughter and I stayed just one night in late March 2009, when we were in town on a short tour of college campuses. (Truman State University is in Kirksville.)
This hotel is made up of a long two-story building that looks a bit more inviting from the inside than from the outside. It is designed a bit strangely, with staircases at the ends but none in the center. The result is, if your room (like ours) is situated right above reception, you need to go to one end of the building or the other in order to get up to it.
The room was clean and comfortable, and included a coffee-maker and a hair dryer. The bathroom was clean, and the towels were nice and fluffy.
The reception staff was friendly and helpful. Since we were looking at the possibility of my daughter spending four years in the town, we asked a lot of questions, and the evening receptionist gave us plenty of useful information about getting around, apartment rental rates, etc. Also, there were fresh Otis Spunkmeyer cookies available at the front desk.
Breakfast included bagels & cream cheese, hard-boiled eggs, make-your-own Belgian waffles, pastries, and toast, as well as the usual selection of beverages. There was no indication that one had to consume breakfast in the breakfast room, so we brought it back to our room to eat.
We used their wireless internet service during our stay, and it worked fine.
As to the neighborhood, there was a WalMart across the street, a Burger King right next door on one side, and a Sonic a couple of doors down on the other side. There was also a Ruby Tuesday fairly close by.

• Stayed: March 2009
Reviewed February 11, 2009

I loved everything about this hotel. It was spotless, the bed was amazingly comfortable. The A/C - Heater unit in the wall actually worked according to the thermometer within so the room was comfortable as well. Nothing to not like, the staff was very friendly and I had no problems with check-in or check-out.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 25, 2008

I have stayed in Kirksville almost weekly for the last 12 years - I can tell you without a doubt this is the best hotel. No, it's not a Marriott but the staff provides excellent service and it has recently undergone a facelift both inside and out. All rooms have new furnishings and the hotel has also gone smoke free - a big plus with me.

The hotel is two story - maybe the only downfall is that access is by two stairways on either end of the building, there is no elevator so getting stuck in the middle of the second floor isn't great...but still not a big deal. Breakfast includes make it yourself waffles and a good assortment of cereal and danishes, yogurt, and fruit.

The hotel is located directly across the street from the Wal-Mart Super Center - there is a Ruby Tuesdays and some fast food places close by as well.

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed February 7, 2008

I was in Kirksville on business in early February. This hotel is conveniently located just minutes away from the medical center and Truman University. As of January 1st, the hotel has gone entirely smoke-free! Love it!!!
The hotel is definitely cozy and very clean. My room was more than adequate, with a microwave and fridge. There's a great selection of cable channels, too -- more than I would have expected.
Breakfast was adequate, but nothing to write home about. I missed having little packets of peanut butter like I usually do at other hotel chains. A little thing, I know, but still...
The hotel is also right across the street from a Super WalMart, which some people may find off-putting, but which I found to be absolutely convenient!
My biggest disappointment was that this hotel doesn't have a fitness center. This deficiency may unfortunately make me look elsewhere the next time I come into town, since work ing out after a long day is my favorite way to wind down.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled on business
Reviewed August 2, 2007

I was in Kirksville for 1 night on business, and stayed at the Comfort Inn. I was able to check-in a little bit early and my room was all ready. The room was very clean and well kept. The bed was very comfortable (king size with 5 pillows) and the decor was typical hotel chain, but nice. The hotel was very quiet (although it was mid-week) and the front desk was manned all night. The only complaint at all was that my room was right across the hall from the ice machine, which did quickly become annoying. There were several places to eat within walking distance, and there was a Super Wal-Mart right across the road. This was overall a very positive experience for me and I would not hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled solo
5  Thank Kramerica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
Days Inn Kirksville
#3 of 8 in Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#6 of 8 in Kirksville

Been to Quality Inn? Share your experiences!