“They gave away our room!”

Holiday Inn Express Kirksville
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Kirksville
Reviewed May 14, 2013

About three months in advance, I reserved two rooms at this hotel. When we arrived to check in (about two in the afternoon), the manager told us we would not staying there. He said he had given our rooms to a group that had come through and that he would be happy to pay for our stay at a neighboring hotel. Sounds okay, right? The truth is that the offered hotel is in such poor condition that I simply would not take my family to it. The hotel is moldy, old and not very clean. Add to that, my grandchildren were counting on a swimming pool and of course, the offered hotel did not have one. The manager was rude and not helpful in finding an acceptable substitute. In spite of frequent visits to Kirksville, I will never again reserve a room in this hotel.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Sturgeon145
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Kirksville, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Sturgeon145,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.

I am truly sorry that we left you with a less than memorable guest stay experience because of some issues with your reservation. Please accept out sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you.

As a valued guest, rest assured that your comments will be looked into to make sure that same scenario will be avoided in the future. We hope you give us the chance to redeem your faith in us when you travel again to Kirksville.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed April 22, 2013

This hotel is a favorite of ours. Friendly staff, clean property, comfortable beds and a great breakfast. The indoor pool is a great feature with the snow and cold weather. The Wi-Fi is always secure and is quick and easy to use.

• Stayed: April 2013
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The family hit the road with no reservations and went to Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, and Iowa. Stayed at Kirksville, MO. This was a very nice Holiday Inn Express. We were so ready to stop when we hit Kirksville. We knew that we would stay at the Holiday Inn Express we are normally always pleased with this chain of hotels.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The room was very clean, the price was fair, the staff was friendly, the free breakfast was good. I have stayed in some of the other hotels in the area when visiting Truman State, and this is by far the best.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 30, 2012

You are not going to find a Waldorf-Astoria in Kirksville, but this small town's Holiday Inn Express does offer a cozy stay. Meaning: this is an excellent hotel based on comparable alternatives within Kirksville. The kitchenette room offers plenty of room for a family of four, hot breakfast is served daily, and service is friendly and attentive. My only request would be to add weights to the gym, as it is only equipped with cardio machines.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank STL_Abound
Reviewed December 26, 2012 via mobile

Holiday inn Kirksville is a really nice and quiet hotel. The price is a little steep for being in the middle of nowhere but there's nothing we can do about that. The first room had small little black bugs. When I told the front desk, they said those bugs are all around the town due to farming. However, I was immediately given a brand new room. Great TV, Bed and wifi!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed November 16, 2012

I stayed at this hotel while I traveled to Kirksville for an interview at A.T. Still University. The people here are very nice, whenever I asked for something they had it immediately. At one point, I needed a razor and shaving cream, and they had both (albeit a cheap single blade razor that destroyed my face). They had warm coffee in the lobby all day in the lobby. They offered more coffee for my room. They ordered a taxi for me when I needed it, and it was right on time. The housekeepers and other staff were very pleasant and said hello to me whenever we passed. The room was restocked when they came through and cleaned it (didn't forget to add more coffee). Overall, a clean and nice place to stay. The pool was kept pretty warm and the surrounding area is pretty.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
Quality Inn
#2 of 8 in Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#6 of 8 in Kirksville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kirksville? Share your experiences!