“Good, Clean Hotel, Bad Parking Lot”

Days Inn Kirksville
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kirksville
Reviewed February 28, 2011

Took a small trip with the rest of my family to this city to get away for a bit. Upon our arrival, we were checked in by a very friendly person at the front desk. The kids swam in the pool, which was also clean. Our room was none too big, but not tiny either, enough for our family. The only bad thing I could really say about the hotel was the parking lot. It was awful. It needs to have another layer of asphault really bad. There was holes in the asphault that was huge! I would recommend this hotel, but, until they get the parking lot fixed, watch where you drive in the parking lot!

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed November 5, 2010

Recently we stayed at the Days Inn, Kirksville Mo. We had come to the are to see our Grandaughter and her family. The day we got there there had been a power outage and all reservations were lost, nonetheless the General manager quickly assigned us to a room. He was very considerate, upgrading us at no charge to keep us on the opposite side of the wedding guests, that he feared might be a little loud. Our room was very nice, King Bed,sofa sitting area, microwave and fridge. The bed was very comfortable and the pillows were the best we had ever experienced. In fact they were so good, we overslept missing breakfast!! They have a complimentary cold as well as 4.99 hot breakfast. Coffee is available in the lobby 24/7. The pool and whirlpool were very nice and there were games and pool tables also available. The hotel has a restaurant but is also very convenient to all stores and restaurants in Kirksville. The price at less than 80.00 could not be beat for such a clean well appointed room. Our ownly complaint was the parking lot, which had a lot of potholes, but this has been a bad year for those in general.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aby61
Reviewed May 25, 2010

We stayed here because we were visiting my grandmother in Brookfield and couldn't find a hotel with a indoor pool in Brookfield so stayed here. The indoor pool and the pool tables were AWESOME! We had a room with a window facing the pool which was nice to keep a eye on our dog that we brought with us. The room was nice, clean and a great value. Since it was a small town, there weren't very many people staying there and everytime we used the pool, hot tub, we had it to ourselves, which was awesome! It was worth the daily commute to see my grandmother. Great staff, super nice, down to earth. If we end up traveling to Missouri again, we would definitly stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 15, 2010

My husband and I traveled to Kirksville last week to visit some friends. We didnt have reservations as we originally planned to stay with someone but their house was too crowded so we decided to go to a hotel. Days Inn was recommended to us. Upon arrival we were greeted my a very nice young lady named Patricia who told us it was not a problem that we didnt have reservations. She was very professional and pleseant and had us a room very quickly. The room was nice. The king size bed was extremely comfortable. We did have to ask for more pillows but as soon as we asked they were brought to us. We had a refrigerator and microwave in our room that were a little old but they worked just fine.
The first night we were in town we met our friends at a little bar in town and were not pleased so the next night we invited our friends to come out to Days Inn with us. That night we had a great time and even our friends (who are from Kirkville) said they would love to visit the DaysInn bar more often. The bartender made sure we had everything we wanted but she didnt hover over us like some servers like to do. She made us feel very welcomed and taken care of.
The food was great. The room was nice. The staff was wonderful. The price was excellent and I would definetly recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 9, 2010

I got to go to Kirksville for a business meeting and ended up staying at the Days Inn. I was pleasantly surprised when I walked in and saw the huge lobby. It was very nice looking and pretty comfortable. The staff was extremely nice and helpful. My room was nice and clean. I really enjoyed the fact we were only a few minutes from everything in town and still had a nice country side feeling. I would definitely stay there again if my travels take me there

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed December 13, 2009

I stayed her for night with a friend of mine and we were worried after reading the reaviews. Don't believe it. The price was very reasonable and the hotel was clean. You can tell the rooms have been newly updated. Great stay for a cheap price.

• Stayed: December 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I stayed here after having a bad experience at the Kirksville Comfort Inn and wasn't displeased. My room wasn't that clean, but it was clean enough considering the price, and the man who checked me in was very helpful. In future, I will try to stay at the Kirksville Holiday Inn Express, but nevertheless Days Inn is certainly a better value than the Kirksville Comfort Inn.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
Depot Inn & Suites
1 mi away
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#6 of 8 in Kirksville

Been to Days Inn Kirksville? Share your experiences!