“Business Trip”

Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Kirksville
A TripAdvisor Member
“Business Trip”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Very friendly and helpful staff. Enjoyed my short stay. Rooms were clean and comfortable. Did not use the amenities such as pool or fitness room but they appeared to be clean as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Collinsville, Illinois
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We enjoyed our stay. The place was clean, quiet and relaxing. However I think it was a little overpriced.The location was ideal because we were in Kirksville to visit Truman State University for our son who will be graduating in 2012 with hopes of getting accepted at this college.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Kirksville has a top notch university and severe lack of quality hotels for visitors. I stayed at the Days Inn when I brought my daughter up to Truman and found my room to be very dirty. There was a used wet wash cloth hanging over the shower head, dirty grout in the bathroom and crumbs and debris on the floor. The beds were made and I checked the sheets thoroughly after finding the wash cloth and they seemed fresh. Otherwise I would have asked to be moved. Plus, my window did not have a true out side view; it overlooked the inside lobby area where it overlooks a pool table and video game machines. Breakfast was also bad with diluted coffee you serve yourself in mini styrofoam cups, Fruitloops and rotten apples. I had to go to McDonalds for a decent cup of coffee.

Room Tip: Make sure you request a room with a view of outside. The one God made.
1 Thank dckarde

Travelers are raving about these Kirksville hotels

Savage, Minnesota
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were forced to stay at the Days Inn, when we sent our son to college. First the good thing – the hotel has free WIFI. Desk and bar service was nice and pleasant. But the rest is far below average:
There is no desk, waste basket or fridge in the room. The bedspread had stains and the TV is from the 80. The worst is the breakfast – coffee and milk taste like water.
The location is outside of Kirksville, so nothing is in walking distance.

NJ
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've stayed in a few Days Inn, as well as a few hotels in Kirksville. This is easily one of the best Days Inn properties I have visited, and its on a par or better than more expensive Kirksville hotels like Holiday Inn.

The manager, Ravi, is really on top of his game and aims to please, and the staff is pleasant.

There is an indoor pool adjacent to the lobby, along with a hot tub. While the pool is not heated its comfortable enough.

There is a small continental breakfast from 6-9AM - bagels, cereal, small doughnuts and pasties, fruit and juice, and yogurt, and the stff replenishes items as they run low. There is also a $4.99 breakfast buffet served on weekends from 7-10AM

The rooms are clean and neat. We had two connecting rooms on the 3rd floor. There are three floors accessible by lobby elevator. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are great, and everything is very clean.

We were there a week, as we got our daughter was starting medical school in Kirksville and we enjoyed the stay about as much as one can enjoy a week in a highway hotel.

The lobby also has a bar off of it, as well as some video games and pool tables.

For a hotel in this price range, this property is really nice,

As far as location, the property is just on the outskirts of Kirksville, so even though its on the main road, its nice and quiet, and still easily accessible to everything on the highway, stores, food, etc.

Room Tip: One bank of the rooms overlook the pool, which is indoors, so if you like a lot of sunlight, you may...
1 Thank Bill C
Des Moines, Iowa, United States
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a wonderful staff they have at this place, so personable and just make me feel like a queen every time I have stayed. I love looking out over the pool and hot tub from my 3rd floor window and the pool table and games always give me something to do in the evening. The bed is more comfortable than most places I stay and Naman and Ravi (I think that is their names) have made it so I will never stay anywhere else when I come to town. If I had a large group with me this would be the place because there is so much space in the lobby to spread out and do group activities. Couldn’t go wrong here.

Room Tip: business suite is always the best.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Checked in with a bona fida Service Dog. Desk Clerk insisted on transferring us to a different room and refused to give a receipt for the room. I was told "I really know what I am doing" three times. You need to "step aside so I can assist other customers" and you need to talk to the manager. I spoke to the manager who informed clerk of his error, and gave me the appropriate room / receipt. Manager on duty was however also wrong in informing clerk that service dogs were not allowed in the restaurant. I am sorry to say that this is the first time I have encountered a chain hotel ignorant of ADA / Service Dog laws. You would have though a college town hosting numerous folks would be more current - there were other medical service dogs on campus that w-e belonging to children with needs.

On a positive note the clerk did offer me a free hot breakfast the next morning, the place is cheap, and what you would expect in a small town motel! As with most isolated locations there are not many options and therefor not much motivation to remove the weeds from the drive way, remove the birds nests from the canopy etc. I had tried for the Holiday Inn express in town bout it was full - not sure if it is any different.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kirksville
Holiday Inn Express Kirksville
#2 of 7 in Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
Super 8 Kirksville
#5 of 7 in Kirksville

Been to Days Inn Kirksville? Share your experiences!