Days Inn Kirksville
$119
$100
$89
Official Site
All reviewshot tubarcade gameshot breakfastnew carpetindoor poolfront desk staffvery nice hotelin townlobby areaenjoyed our stayparking lotbeds were comfortablehomecoming weekenda great place to stay whenovernight staybusy weekendtruman state
Reviewed August 20, 2012

We were forced to stay at the Days Inn, when we sent our son to college. First the good thing – the hotel has free WIFI. Desk and bar service was nice and pleasant. But the rest is far below average:
There is no desk, waste basket or fridge in the room. The bedspread had stains and the TV is from the 80. The worst is the breakfast – coffee and milk taste like water.
The location is outside of Kirksville, so nothing is in walking distance.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I've stayed in a few Days Inn, as well as a few hotels in Kirksville. This is easily one of the best Days Inn properties I have visited, and its on a par or better than more expensive Kirksville hotels like Holiday Inn.

The manager, Ravi, is really on top of his game and aims to please, and the staff is pleasant.

There is an indoor pool adjacent to the lobby, along with a hot tub. While the pool is not heated its comfortable enough.

There is a small continental breakfast from 6-9AM - bagels, cereal, small doughnuts and pasties, fruit and juice, and yogurt, and the stff replenishes items as they run low. There is also a $4.99 breakfast buffet served on weekends from 7-10AM

The rooms are clean and neat. We had two connecting rooms on the 3rd floor. There are three floors accessible by lobby elevator. The beds are comfortable and the pillows are great, and everything is very clean.

We were there a week, as we got our daughter was starting medical school in Kirksville and we enjoyed the stay about as much as one can enjoy a week in a highway hotel.

The lobby also has a bar off of it, as well as some video games and pool tables.

For a hotel in this price range, this property is really nice,

As far as location, the property is just on the outskirts of Kirksville, so even though its on the main road, its nice and quiet, and still easily accessible to everything on the highway, stores, food, etc.

Room Tip: One bank of the rooms overlook the pool, which is indoors, so if you like a lot of sunlight, you may want to ask for a room on the exterior wall, You still have a window on the pool side, but the sunlight is less due to the window facing the indoor pool area.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Bill C
Reviewed August 6, 2012

What a wonderful staff they have at this place, so personable and just make me feel like a queen every time I have stayed. I love looking out over the pool and hot tub from my 3rd floor window and the pool table and games always give me something to do in the evening. The bed is more comfortable than most places I stay and Naman and Ravi (I think that is their names) have made it so I will never stay anywhere else when I come to town. If I had a large group with me this would be the place because there is so much space in the lobby to spread out and do group activities. Couldn’t go wrong here.

Room Tip: business suite is always the best.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Checked in with a bona fida Service Dog. Desk Clerk insisted on transferring us to a different room and refused to give a receipt for the room. I was told "I really know what I am doing" three times. You need to "step aside so I can assist other customers" and you need to talk to the manager. I spoke to the manager who informed clerk of his error, and gave me the appropriate room / receipt. Manager on duty was however also wrong in informing clerk that service dogs were not allowed in the restaurant. I am sorry to say that this is the first time I have encountered a chain hotel ignorant of ADA / Service Dog laws. You would have though a college town hosting numerous folks would be more current - there were other medical service dogs on campus that w-e belonging to children with needs.

On a positive note the clerk did offer me a free hot breakfast the next morning, the place is cheap, and what you would expect in a small town motel! As with most isolated locations there are not many options and therefor not much motivation to remove the weeds from the drive way, remove the birds nests from the canopy etc. I had tried for the Holiday Inn express in town bout it was full - not sure if it is any different.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed July 26, 2012

When we had to unexpectedly find a hotel for our family and our large dog on short notice, we desperately called the Kirksville Days Inn. We weren't really expecting much, but to our surprise the sales manager (whose name I think was Naman) did a great job and went out of his way to accommodate us. He was even willing to have a pet-friendly room cleaned before noon, just so we all could check in right away. Really appreciate that kind of personal customer service!!

Room Tip: Days Inn has pet-friendly rooms. Yay!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family