All reviews massinga beach our honeymoon get away splash pool pansy island attention to detail ocean front cape town seafood out of this world piece of paradise private pool spent nights mosquito net without a doubt food was fantastic every meal
Selected filters
Reviewed March 28, 2019

Getting to Massinga Beach Lodge is not the easiest, but wow, the visit is worth every minute of that 75 min transfer from Imhabane Airport. We received a warm welcome and felt immediately at home. The setting of the lodge is unreal - you feel like you found a piece of heaven, 20 km of white sand and a handful of people. The staff at the lodge are excellent, well trained and really happy to be of service. The rooms are spacious, beautiful and private. We had a little splash pool, overlooking the beach and were very happy to spend some of the days just lounging around on our own patio. The beach bar is great fun - great cocktails and lots to do.
As for the food - I cannot complement them enough on the quality of the food served - I have stayed at very few places in my life that can compete with the small, but very satisfying menu. Fresh seafood, fresh fruit and great chef.
Suzanne and your team - keep it up. I would have given you 6 stars if I could.

Date of stay: March 2019
SuzanneMills, Owner at Massinga Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 5, 2019

Dear Geert v,

Thank you for your great review and comments. We try as much as possible to use only the freshest ingredients available and this changes on a daily basis - meal times are always a surprise but we do accommodate special requests when available. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and had a good, restful holiday.

Look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed March 18, 2019

I stayed in the beachfront deluxe rooms with dip pool on the deck. Bliss. The chalets are spacious with all rooms leading onto the deck. Suppers, especially the chicken and prawns were outstanding. Hosts go out of their way to make sure your needs are taken care of.

Room tip: The ocean front deluxe rooms come with their own mini pool for dipping
Date of stay: March 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Travelmad,

Thank you for your review on your recent stay at Massinga Beach and that you had a relaxing holiday. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and especially our chicken and prawns which are a Mozambican specialty.

Look forward to seeing you again

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

My husband and I recently visited Massinga Beach Lodge and were so blown away by the beauty and great hospitality. The freshly prepared food is delicious and so much attention to detail. This is definitely a gem in such a beautiful country. What the owners and their friendly staff have created is amazing, they made us feel like royalty and nothing was too much to ask for. Definitely worth a visit!!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Justine,

Thank you so much for your comments. It was wonderful meeting you and so happy that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you back again in the future

Reviewed February 3, 2019

The first word that came into my head when I stood at my house at Massinga Beach was spectacular. Don't get me wrong. I guess there are more luxury places but the settings are really something special. I love good service and here they have taken it to a new level. Everyone you meet greets you with a smile and their goal is to make you feel as good as possible. Breakfast, lunch, high noon tea and dinner is of high quality. If you like a quiet beach this is your place. Hardly anyone was ever out on the beach when I took a walk or was out with a bike. I had my own splash pool on the deck to my house which was very good. I enjoyed a week at this extremely nice place and I will try and come back in the future. No wifi or TV. I was reading and just relaxing. Just what I needed.

Room tip: You will like all the houses on the property. Very good and high standard.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
SuzanneMills, Owner at Massinga Beach Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2019

Dear Mr P,

We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Massinga Beach and were able to relax and unwind. It was wonderful meeting you and hope to see you again at Massinga Beach

Reviewed December 30, 2018 via mobile

We visited Massinga for a week with family over Christmas and what can I say... WOW in every sense! My partner and I had the privilege of being the first guests to stay in the new Ocean front VIP suite "room 1". We were blown away by the views and attention to detail. We loved the privacy and extra space of having our own lounging area with bar and we even had our own trampoline to laze on while watching the sea. The meals were absolutely delicious and cooked to perfection every single time. My top 3 dishes being the crayfish, the prawn and calamari (biggest prawns we have every seen) and the Peri peri chicken... A unanimous decision that it was the most tender chicken any of us had ever tasted. The staff are amazing, friendly and very professional with special mention going to Suzanne. She has a magic touch with the staff and guests and nothing is too much trouble. While we were there, there was a particularly difficult couple, constantly drunk and derogitory... She handled them with such professionalism and diffused the situation with ease. SO.... whether you are into walking on the beach, snoozing in the sun, swimming in the ocean, cycling on the beach, collecting shells or lazing by the pool with a good book, Massinga is the place to visit. We have been there a few times and will definitely be back.

Date of stay: December 2018