My Wife and I went to Masinga Beach Lodge for our second aniversary in May. The location of the hotel is about 2 ours from the inhambane airport. We re picked up by a shuttle and taken to the resort. I was a bit shocked at the distance traveled, as this was not really communicated to us by the travel agent. Off the main road we were picked up by Ian the manager, and went along the road they have made for the hotel. On arrival, you know instantly that you are in paradise. It is completely isolated from anything else. I have to say that from this point onward we had an incredible weekend, and unfortunatelly the weather did not play its part...
I can certainly recomend the walks on the beach, we only managed to walk in one direction up the beach because of tides and weather, but this took up most of the morning and it was pretty much us on our own!
1) Location - Amazing, it is one of those gem's you need to see at least once
Accommodation - Out of this world, really comfortable and the beds are amazing. Emperor beds!!!
2) Activities - This is a personal thing, and we were on our aniversary so did not do much anyway. I would imagine once they have the dive centre open it will be pretty cool. Based on what the locals pulled out of the sea, the fishing must be really good.
3) Food - This is a tough one. We ate all meals and enjoyed them, but I was a bit disappointed here. I know it’s hard to cater for all tastes, but I felt it was missing a little fair, and was a tiny bit too homely for me.
- Breakfasts were perfect
- Lunch – I enjoyed the salads the most, really tasty and an awesome light coastal meal. The burgers etc, very tasty but not my favourite
- Dinner – definitely would have preferred much more seafood in general, and as mentioned above good value but, a bit too plain for my liking.
All in all a fantastic week end!!! We would love to return again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- North of Inhambane, the new Massinga Beach sits high, far from the madding crowd, overlooking kilometres of isolated, pristine beach; an exquisite and romantic place to relax. Facilities include restaurant, beach bar, swimming pool, games room, massage therapy and delicious food. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Massinga Beach Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Massinga Beach Hotel Inhambane