“Another Great Comfort Inn”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Kingdom City
streator, Illinois
“Another Great Comfort Inn”
Reviewed April 16, 2012

This Comfort Inn is typical for the brand. The hotel was updated, clean, and comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful. We stayed here on our way home after a long road trip west and met our needs well. The breakfast had many choices so everyone should find something to their liking. If in the area again, we would not hestiate to stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank cshager
Kim S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I am glad you had a good stay. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Saint Joseph, Missouri
Reviewed November 18, 2011

I stayed at Comfort Inn Nov. 11 for a conference in Fulton. I stayed with another psychology major in a smoking room, as it was cheaper to split the room cost with her. There was no elevator, and my roommate had knee problems. She was a little upset about having to drag her luggage up the stairs. When entering the room I noticed the smoggy film, but naturally attributed this to the smoking allowance. What really off put me was the stains on my comforter. They appeared to be blood. I got a new comforter promptly. There were also disgusting stains on the bathroom wall that had been running down the wall, and appeared to be very old. I was not happy about paying over a hundred dollars for a room that was barely worth fifty. I went down to the counter around 3:00 am and asked for ear plugs, as my roommate snored a little. The man at the desk spoke very broken English, and there was no one else around. I could not communicate with him at all. The breakfast was decent, but the eggs were heavily powdered. I was really glad to get on the road, and will not return to this hotel next time we have a conference in that area.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank LoveJamacia
Kim S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I would like to apologize for the issues you incountered during your stay. We have since your last stay updated all rooms and hope you give us another opportunity to meet your expectations. Thank you for your time and feedback.

Travelers are raving about these Kingdom City hotels

Lexington, Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2011

For a hotel right off the interstate, it could be much worse. The hotel is dated, but functional. My biggest complaint is the internet. The room I stayed in was far from the lobby and the internet access was so slow it was virtually unusable. If you're in a pinch there are worse places you could stay but the hotel leaves something to be desired.

Room Tip: Stay near the lobby for best internet
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Ordertraveler
ktmac01, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, October 24, 2011
I would like to apologize for the issue you encountered with our internet during your stay. Unfortunately our service provider experienced a regional slowness that affected our hotel. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to serve as your first choice in lodging while visiting the Kingdom City area in the future. Thank you for your valuable time and feedback. K Syed. Manager
Waco, Kentucky
Reviewed September 8, 2011

My family was traveling from Kentucky to Kansas City. Our kids were tired so we stopped early evening without reservations. The room rate was reasonable. Although the hotel is hidden behind some other businesses, we liked the facility the moment we walked inside. We were very pleased with the cleanliness and quality of our room. The staff were very nice, professional, and courteous. The complementary breakfast was very good. Our kids loved the pool. We would recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank Eric B
ktmac01, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, September 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review or our property. We are very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay, and hope that we will continue to be your first choice for lodging during your future visits to the Kingdom City, MO Area. Thank you again for your time and feedback! K Syed, Manager.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Dirty and smelly. Mold in bathroom. Wall paper peeling. No discernable merit to mention. In at 0200. Out by 0800. Creepy!

• Stayed June 2011
2 Thank roadwarrior1979
Kim S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appoloize we did not meet your expectations. We have since your stay updated all rooms and public spaces. Please give us another change to meet your expectations. Thank you again for your time and feedback.
Farmington, Missouri
Reviewed June 11, 2011

I stayed at this location one night i was extremely tired. Pulled over to an extremely friendly young man waiting for me. I enjoyed the hot tub and the hot breakfast the hotel provided was amazing and something to write about. I will stay at this hotel next time i am in the area.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
Kim S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, January 19, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to know you had a good stay. We look forward to serving your future lodging needs. Thank you for your time and feedback.
travelpro123
Reviewed May 19, 2011

Although the friendly sales person at the front desk gave me an inexpensive 'motorcycle rate', the room I got in return was a dump, actually in case of prolonged exposure maybe hazardous to one's health. Since it was the last room along the long ugly corridor one wall was an outside wall which had such bad water damage from a leak that it was not difficult to figure out where the strange smell in the room may come from: Mold.
The used soap of the guest before me was still in the shower soap dish, the bottom caulking of the walk-in shower has matching mold growth as well. Stay away before they get their act together.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank travelpr0123
Kim S, Manager at Comfort Inn, responded to this review, December 15, 2012
Thank you for your review. I appologize for the inconvience you faced during your stay. I do however want to let you know that the issue you have mentioned has since been fixed and appropriate action has taken place. We have updated rooms and hotel premises since your stay. We invite you to give us another chance to provide you the very best accomodations. Thank you again for your time and feedback.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingdom City
Motel 6 Kingdom City
#2 of 6 in Kingdom City
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!