“Dirtiest Hotel I ever stayed in”

Super 8 Kingdom City
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kingdom City
Reviewed November 5, 2012

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

A Wyndham traveler
Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Reviewed October 23, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends

A TripAdvisor Member
MANCHESTER
Reviewed October 19, 2012

I booked the room thru an online site and found that we could possibly be put in a smoking room from the confirmation email. So I called the hotel and talked to Donna. She was wonderful! She made sure we were given a nonsmoking room, (my husband has asthma and can not be around smoke). But when we got there on Oct 13, a rainy night, we saw 2 live bugs on the bathroom floor and the tub looked dirty. It was late and the place was booked. They were rolly polly bugs so we disposed of them, and went to sleep. In the middle of the night I got up to find the floor covered with more bugs and some on the sink. It was very "ICKY". I threw down a towel to get to the toilet. In the morning the towel was covered with bugs! I told the woman at the front desk (about 9am) about it, and her only response was that it happens when it rains! I asked for a receipt (because the charge was a couple of dollars more than on our confirmation email), and she told me that I would get an email receipt, Which did NOT happen. WE WILL NOT BE BACK to that Super 8, KINGDOM CITY, MO. We have stayed at the Super 8 in Perryville, Mo several times and have always had a wonderful experience there, very clean and very competent staff. (Day and Night difference!) Donna at Kingdom City was very nice and sounded competent on the phone, but I did not see her while we were there.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

I am unsure of who you spoke to on the phone named Donna, and that could be why you did not see her here, if this is indeed the hotel you stayed at. And we have never had a "rolly polly" problem... Orkin pest control comes every month, and I had them come an extra time to search and spray for that specific problem, which they did not see any signs of. Booking through an online site will not never be the same price as you can get if you were to book with us directly, and is also the reason we could not send you an email of your receipt, because you paid the online site, and they then paid us which would be less than you paid them because they have to make a profit. Where ever your stay was, if you stay at a hotel again I encourage you to book directly instead of using a third party.

Reviewed October 19, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded October 21, 2012

Reviewed October 17, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I have stayed here multiple times for business trips and visits to Columbia, MO. The accommodations are simple, but very nice. I've never had a problem with cleanliness or broken facilities. For the price it is hard to find a better deal.
Where they really shine though is their absolutely great customer service. I've cancelled my reservation on the same day with no problems. I worked at night on a construction job and they catered to night shift work by cleaning my room at outside of my sleep window. They are quick to respond to issues and will do their best to resolve minor issues or requests in your favor.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank dcmtg2
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2012

Thank you very much! We truly appreciate the kind words, we do our best and we know we are not perfect, but it is really really truly special when someone comes out and says we do a good job. The housekeepers work very hard, many times 6 days a week, our maintenance staff does an amazing job while having to juggle within a budget that some months is not as great as they would wish. The front desk/concierge staff sometimes have things going on in their private lives and yet always have a smile. I am so glad you appreciate the things we have done, and we will continue to live up to the high expectations you have come to expect. Thank you Thank you so much!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingdom City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingdom City
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia
Country Hearth Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Kingdom City? Share your experiences!