“Chaos”

Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kingdom City
Greenwood, Indiana, United States
“Chaos”
Reviewed October 7, 2012

When our well-announced busload of 50+ people arrived at the Motel, room keys were not ready -- unlike every other stop on our 9-day trip. The lobby is small, so we waited on the bus or outside. The room assigned was acceptable. But the coordinator, our pastor, was denied a room. He was forced to travel to a motel across I-70 (cab fare $17) to get a room. Other travelers were seen to check in AFTER this (ethnic group) fire drill. Totally unprofessional.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this review, October 11, 2012
There are a few things I would like to clear up, first is that we have the largest lobby in Kingdom City, we apologize if it still was not big enough, there is not much we can do about the footprint of the hotel. Our breakfast room with 24 hour coffee was available for overflow if anyone had asked. My staff, in the face of being berated, abused, and humiliated by your pastor handled themselves exemplary with smiling faces and a polite friendly atmosphere. We paid for the pastor's multiple taxi rides (which were $27 each, not $17) despite us having asked he use the cheaper more local taxi company. I personally arranged for him to stay at another hotel, which he ended up choosing a more expensive hotel that we did pay for him, and which cost us an extra $50 over what we had arranged. My staff followed to the letter the arrangements made and had communicated completely with the pastor telling him what we would not be able to accomodate and despite being warned the pastor was "surprised" when he showed up and we had done what we said we would be doing. We are sorry that the pastor a select few in the Southport Baptist Church of Indianapolis, IN chose to be rude and un-Christian-like in their attitude towards my staff and I. We expect our guests to understand the limitations we have considering there are things out of our control, and using comments such as (ethnic group) firedrill when we have Asian employees is not the type of things we want to hear from our guests.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
HILLSBORO
Reviewed October 6, 2012

I love staying here! It is truly home away from home. The people are so nice and have top quality customer service that I don't see in a lot of other places. Keep up the great work and thank you very much for making me feel at home with you!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this review, October 7, 2012
Thank you so much! We really enjoy having you come so often and letting us get to know you. I know the entire staff has come to see you as a substitute mom and as a dear friend.
Southeast, Missouri
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Heading to visit family on a rainy night. We decided to stay here on our trip. The Motel itself is older, yet fairly well maintained. Being Pet friendly was a definate plus for us as well! The first room we received had some A/C issues, but we were offered a different room immediately. The motel is just far enough away from the neighboring Truckstops and Restaurants to be fairly quiet. Overall a good choice for the cost of the room and value received!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this review, October 3, 2012
I am very appreciative of the kind words and would like to apologize for the A/C issue. Yes, we are a "more experienced" motel as we like to say around here for the word "older". My maintenance staff works very hard as does the housekeeping on trying to keep up with issues before they get noticed by guests and I am sorry that some slip through the cracks. Rest assured that particular A/C unit has been fixed promptly. I hope that I and the entire staff gets to see you again. Thank you, and again on behalf of the entire staff- we are sorry.
Augusta, Kansas, United States
Reviewed August 21, 2012

There are tons of hotels in the area and have stay at several of them and have not received the level of service for the price as I have here. The staff was gracious, accommodating, friendly and helpful. My husband and I were traveling to visit family and we had our furry babies with us, they were the most accommodating for them without quizzing us about them. The breakfast was good and filling. The rooms were unparalleled in it's cleanliness, comfort and size. I will be staying here every trip thru this area in the future. Thank you to all the staff for the best stay I had in my 5 day 4 state trip.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Dawn B
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this review, August 24, 2012
Thank you so much! We definitely remember you and your dogs, all of you were wonderful and we enjoyed meeting you. We truly appreciate hearing that people think we are doing a good job. This truly means alot to the staff and has lifted our morale and motivated us to continue to work our hardest. Thank you again from the all the staff's hearts!
Ohio
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place the staff was very nice however the first room I was given the air was so loud there was no way I was gonna sleep. They switched my room and I get the room I believe the other reviewer was talking about. My chair had stains as did the mattress there was a hole in the shower surround and the carpet was pretty dirty. That being said I had 4 rooms all together and the other rooms were ok. Nothing to fancy but the price was cheap. The cheap price usually scares me and I should have listened to my gut. I would not stay again unless i had no choice and at least not in room 216 The staff however was really nice. But I just can't recommend because if the room I was given. Stray nails on the carpet freak me out.

• Stayed August 2012
I would like to apologize for the room you had problems with. I would like to make it up to you by giving you a free night stay anytime you would like to return. And also would like to update you on room 216, I had my maintenance man stay the night in that room, use it like a guest would, and then the next day fix EVERYTHING that was wrong. I am very saddened that due to one out of four rooms you would not come back. Please be assured that we try our hardest and we will fix every problem that ever comes to our attention. We are trying to catch everything first and fix it before guests see, but our budget is small and we are not a big company. Thank you for understanding and thank you for stating that the staff was very friendly, we appreciate that and we are sorry we let you down. Thank you.
Mount Carmel, Illinois
Reviewed August 15, 2012

Utilizing the AARP discount made this Super 8 worth the money. Overall, an average motel. On the older side but relatively clean. The room was small and there was only 1 chair, so we had to use the beds to sit on. Location is good, right off the highway and nearby a few restaurants. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank Garry S
Thank you so much on behalf of the entire staff for saying we were nice. We do truly appreciate that! We apologize for the age of our hotel, we are doing some remodeling as we get money in, unfortunately we are a single hotel, not a large corporation, it is just us and we do what we can. We just finished putting up some decorative walls at the entrance to our parking lot, we will be re-striping the parking lot this fall, and we are switching to new bed spreads and bed skirts as we can order them (6 rooms have been done already on the first floor). Next year we'll be painting all 60 rooms, getting new window curtains in all 60 rooms, and continue to switch out our 26" tv's for 32 inch flat screens. We hope you come back and enjoy the improvements!
Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is old. Don't expect a pool or even an elevator however, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The first room I got the air conditioner didn't work but they were apologetic and switched my room right away. Staff was nice and it I loved the discount next door at the restaurant. If you have kids in tow theres a Nice little area outside the hotel to toss a ball or just run around.

• Stayed July 2012
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor! We are truly an older hotel, and while to some that is a bad thing, I hope you agree that with our hotel that is not necessarily a bad thing. We take pride in being established in the community and having created a good reputation, such as being #1 on TripAdvisor out of 5 hotels, or having an A rating from the BBB and being the only accredited hotel within 20 miles. We are very sorry about the air conditioning and have taken that one out and luckily all it needed was a good powerwashing. We will always endeavor to fix all problems promptly. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you, and again we are sorry for any problems.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingdom City
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Holiday Inn Columbia East
Holiday Inn Columbia East
#11 of 36 in Columbia

Been to Super 8 Kingdom City? Share your experiences!