“Not so super”

Super 8 Kingdom City
Ranked #6 of 6 Hotels in Kingdom City
Reviewed August 16, 2012 via mobile

I really wanted to like this place the staff was very nice however the first room I was given the air was so loud there was no way I was gonna sleep. They switched my room and I get the room I believe the other reviewer was talking about. My chair had stains as did the mattress there was a hole in the shower surround and the carpet was pretty dirty. That being said I had 4 rooms all together and the other rooms were ok. Nothing to fancy but the price was cheap. The cheap price usually scares me and I should have listened to my gut. I would not stay again unless i had no choice and at least not in room 216 The staff however was really nice. But I just can't recommend because if the room I was given. Stray nails on the carpet freak me out.

• Stayed: August 2012
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2012

I would like to apologize for the room you had problems with. I would like to make it up to you by giving you a free night stay anytime you would like to return. And also would like to update you on room 216, I had my maintenance man stay the night in that room, use it like a guest would, and then the next day fix EVERYTHING that was wrong. I am very saddened that due to one out of four rooms you would not come back. Please be assured that we try our hardest and we will fix every problem that ever comes to our attention. We are trying to catch everything first and fix it before guests see, but our budget is small and we are not a big company. Thank you for understanding and thank you for stating that the staff was very friendly, we appreciate that and we are sorry we let you down. Thank you.

Reviewed August 15, 2012

Utilizing the AARP discount made this Super 8 worth the money. Overall, an average motel. On the older side but relatively clean. The room was small and there was only 1 chair, so we had to use the beds to sit on. Location is good, right off the highway and nearby a few restaurants. Staff was very friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Garry S

Thank you so much on behalf of the entire staff for saying we were nice. We do truly appreciate that! We apologize for the age of our hotel, we are doing some remodeling as we get money in, unfortunately we are a single hotel, not a large corporation, it is just us and we do what we can. We just finished putting up some decorative walls at the entrance to our parking lot, we will be re-striping the parking lot this fall, and we are switching to new bed spreads and bed skirts as we can order them (6 rooms have been done already on the first floor). Next year we'll be painting all 60 rooms, getting new window curtains in all 60 rooms, and continue to switch out our 26" tv's for 32 inch flat screens. We hope you come back and enjoy the improvements!

Reviewed August 1, 2012 via mobile

The hotel is old. Don't expect a pool or even an elevator however, the rooms were clean and comfortable. The first room I got the air conditioner didn't work but they were apologetic and switched my room right away. Staff was nice and it I loved the discount next door at the restaurant. If you have kids in tow theres a Nice little area outside the hotel to toss a ball or just run around.

• Stayed: July 2012
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded August 3, 2012

Thank you so much for the review on TripAdvisor! We are truly an older hotel, and while to some that is a bad thing, I hope you agree that with our hotel that is not necessarily a bad thing. We take pride in being established in the community and having created a good reputation, such as being #1 on TripAdvisor out of 5 hotels, or having an A rating from the BBB and being the only accredited hotel within 20 miles. We are very sorry about the air conditioning and have taken that one out and luckily all it needed was a good powerwashing. We will always endeavor to fix all problems promptly. We hope to see you again soon! Thank you, and again we are sorry for any problems.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Just such an awful place I can't even begin to tell you!!! It actually looked fairly new from the outside and since I had been driving for hours I needed rest. OMG! Sheets... DIRTY! Shower looked like something out of an a home or room that would have been condemned!! FILTHY! All I can say per the positive is the price was inexpensive, but they should have paid me to stay at this place!!!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2012

I am sorry you felt this way about our hotel, though I can not find any record of your stay and would love to apologize to you if I could contact you. We pride ourselves on being the #1 hotel in Kingdom City (out of 5) on TripAdvisor and on being the ONLY BBB accredited hotel within the county or within 25 miles, our BBB rating is an A. We are very clean, friendly, and we are simply Super. I am sorry you felt otherwise. I have thoroughly gone through all 60 of our excellent rooms and have seen no shower/tub that resembles what you wrote. Given our other recent comments I am at a loss of what you may have seen that upset you so much, seeing as how our other guests have ranked us consistently the highest of standards. I apologize that you feel that those types of comments were appropriate and if you do come through Kingdom City you have a free room so that I may truly show you what our rooms look like. If you wish to see our hotel, photos are available at our official site http://camelbinky1.wix.com/super8kingdomcity and I hope you give us a try.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

The staff was friendly and very helpful. They told us if we took our room keys to the Iron Skillet we would get a 20% discount. We got a room for one night but we are going to stay another night because of how cheap and friendly this place is. I have heard good things about this motel and I have to say its the friendiest and most helpful motel staff I have ever met. THANK YOU!!

• Stayed: July 2012
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2012

We at the Gateway to Mid-Missouri Super 8 Kingdom City are very happy to hear we helped you save money! Our goal is to always go above and beyond the expectations, whether it is to find partners in the area to provide discounts/coupons or to help give directions to interesting shopping or sights. We try to provide clean, friendly, and simply Super service to all our guests. We are very proud we made your stay enjoyable. Hope you come and see us again, we enjoyed having you here.

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Im a truck driver and my truck was in a local shop for repairs and the shop recommended this hotel. I checked Tripadvisor and saw that the place had some pretty good reviews. My last Super 8 experience was a nightmare and I wasn't looking for a repeat. The place is clean, the staff friendly and the price was reasonable. I have a small dog and he was welcomed too. I would defiantly stay here again

• Stayed: July 2012
Scott M, General Manager at Super 8 Kingdom City, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2012

I and the entire staff are very grateful you gave our hotel a chance and we appreciated your business. We also enjoyed talking with you and getting to know you and your dog. We enjoy being a pet-friendly hotel, and think pets are just as much a part of the family as anyone else. We hope you stop by the Gateway to Mid-Missouri Super 8 Kingdom City, the #1 hotel on TripAdvisor again. And next time under better circumstances than this one where you were broken down, we have lots of activities and sites to see in the area! Drive safe and visit your new friends here again soon.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

I was drawn in by the excellent price but truthfully they're worth far more. We decided to stay here on our cross-country drive to Colorado and they were so nice and accomodating that we rebooked for the return drive! the beds were unbelievably comfortable, staff was super nice, and the breakfast was adequate.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Management response:Responded July 1, 2012

The entire staff at the Super 8 Kingdom City hotel would like to thank you for your generous review and kind words. It is truly guests like you that make our hard work at making this a clean and friendly hotel worth it. We look forward to seeing you again and hope you keep in touch at the many places online that we are a part of, such as Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Linkdin, and Manta.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kingdom City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingdom City
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Columbia
Country Hearth Inn & Suites

Been to Super 8 Kingdom City? Share your experiences!