“Poor”

Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Kingdom City
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Poor”
Reviewed May 5, 2012

Very busy highway travel. I needed to grab a room. Usually Day's are not too bad but this one is at the bottom of the heap. Very overpriced. Small room. Noise. Not all that clean.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Rt66tbird
, General Manager at Days Inn Kingdom City, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
I want to take this opportunity to apologize for the poor service
you received during your stay at the Days Inn Kingdom City, MO.
Your experience with our Days Inn was not the quality of service
that we have promised to provide to our guests. Our BRAND
promise is something that we strive to deliver to every guest every
day. There is no excuse that our staff did not fulfill that promise in
your case. Please accept our apologies.
We would like to provide you with the 10% discount on your next visit to our Days Inn. When calling to make your advance reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist
you. Thank you for choosing Days Inn and I look forward to the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Springville
Reviewed May 23, 2011

We stopped over night at this Days Inn because it was about 1/2 way to our destination and we wanted to take a break for the night. It wasn't a bad little motel. The rooms have private enterances, which I like because it's easy to load and unload baggage. There was a nice chair in the room which is always a plus so you have a comfortable place to sit and relax. The room was clean.

In the morning the breakfast room attendant was a very friendly man. I was impressed with the breakfast set up. They have a waffle maker and all the other standard continental breakfast items. They have a small frige they keep cream cheese and milk in which was nice because I've had milk that's sat out too long in a motel breakfast room before and it wasn't good.

I think this motel was a nice stay for overnight...I wouldn't want to have an extended stay, but it wasn't a bad place.

There were some things I didn't like about it and these are the reasons I woudn't want to spend a long period of time. First of all the outside of the building needs work. It's not bad, but it doesn't look too inviting. They have a nice area with a gazeebo and flowers, but the actual building needs some TLC.
Also...the door to our room had a small gap in it when it was closed. The wall in the bathroom looked like it had caved in and was cheaply patched up.
The clock didn't work in the room, luckily I had my cell phone we could keep track of the time. And we had asked for a wake up call at 7am. We got our call at 5!! When we got the call we woke up and started getting ready and because of not having a clock to look at and the curtain was closed so we couldn't see it was still dark out I got my phone and saw that it was only 5:20 am! Well...we had already gotten up and around for the day so we just decided to get moving on our way. It worked out because we got an earlier start to our trip...but the fact is they woke us up 2 hrs early.
So there were plenty of pros and cons to this motel. It wasn't bad...wasn't great...not bad for an overnight, but I wouldn't make it a temporary home for a trip.

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Singingstar22
Kingdom City, Missouri
Reviewed September 25, 2010

Room was very clean. Hotel is off of service road. Personnel were very nice. Linen and towels were clean. Bathroom was very clean. Breakfast was ok. I would recommend for a $55 per nite stay for 2 people to a room

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank kq0b1
LA, CA
Reviewed May 27, 2008

The worst ever! I awoke the next morning to find that I had slept in DIRTY sheets, they suggested giving me the sheets to change my bed. We ran out of toilet paper and had to get it, shower had hair in it, the refrigerator smelled, etc. This was a graduation weekend and hotels in neighboring cities had been sold out for months, this one only had a few cars in the lot. Big Clue...Never, Never again.
Lastly, the owners must be know (& don't care) that the rooms are in need of a major overhaul and so is the staff! This could be a prosperous hotel under new management. Don't eat the donuts, they have to be a week old. If I hadn't prepaid, I would have left.

Stayed May 2008
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed October 21, 2007

The King-size Handicapped-Accessible room was a joke: there was no way to roll a wheelchair from the door to the restroom, which was at the rear of the room, by the way. The room was obviously retro-fitted and the ONLY signs of accessibility were misplaced (too low) grab bars near the toilet and in the tub. There was no shower chair available (we asked) and the bathtub was extremely high and difficult to enter. The bathtub grab bar (on the long wall only) was too low to be of much assistance, making the experience extremely frustrating, to say the least!

Too much poorly-placed furniture made using the wheelchair impossible until after rearranging the furniture and removing the extraneous recliner.

Breakfast is posted as available until 10 am, but when we checked at 9:30, there was nothing but cold cereal and sugary donuts.

Although we had reservations for 2 nights, we left after the first and went to a much more accommodating hotel just down the road.

• Liked — Convenient parking, free wi-fi
  • Disliked — Not handicapped-accessible
  • Stayed October 2007, traveled as a couple
Illinois
Reviewed September 16, 2007

We checked in at night as we were working in the area. The night clerk tried to be helpful with our problems but she was limited as to what she could do. We couldn't get the TV to work and after trying our 3rd remote, we discovered it was the TV. She then allowed us to switch TVs with another room so we carried them between rooms.

Neither the boss nor I could get connected to the advertised "high speed Internet" and when we called Tech Support, were told that it was the hotel's problem as they only provided the service to the establishment. Being unable to get any more assistance with this, we called it a night.

The next morning, the day shift clerk could have cared less if our problem was solved. He kept telling us that the boss had been informed and would be there anytime. (The boss never did arrive.) Never once did the front desk call us as to the status of our complaint but seemed to forget about it. They even lied to us about what the problem was but the tech support line said something different. By this time, it was too late to checkout and find another hotel so we had to stay a second night.

Basically, the day employee did not care one bit. .

• Liked — Location in conjunction to where we were working
  • Disliked — The day shift personnel
  • Stayed September 2007, traveled on business
Kansas City, Missouri
Reviewed May 17, 2007

This Days Inn is right off Interstate 70 in Kingdom City, Missouri (exit 148), about 7 miles north of Fulton, Missouri (Westminster College & William Woods University) and 25 minutes (give or take) north of Jefferson City, Missouri on highway 54. It has easy access to both highway 54 and Interstate 70, and is an easy drive to Fulton.
Like many of my other Days Inn reviews, this is your pretty standard Days Inn with a continental breakfast. I do enjoy the wireless internet available at most Days Inns...including this one.
Definitely an okay location for tourists...it's clean enough and affordable enough.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — a bit pricey for what you get
#6 of 6 in Kingdom City
Holiday Inn Express & Suites Kingdom City
Baymont Inn & Suites Fulton
Country Hearth Inn & Suites Fulton

Been to Days Inn Kingdom City? Share your experiences!