“If you order from menu, be prepared to wait and wait and wait!!”

Iron Skillet Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Kingdom City
Reviewed August 18, 2014

I've eaten here a couple of times. This past visit (last week) will probably be it for awhile. The waitress's are all very nice, but getting your food from the menu took forever!!! It was 10:45 am, I didn't want breakfast (as it was still out on the buffet bar). So I ordered a club sandwich from the menu. It was TERRIBLE!!! The toast was so burnt you need a hammer to break it. It came with french fries, which weren't even warm. I had water to drink and my bill was over ten dollars, much, much too high for the lousy sandwich. And as my title states, it took a very loooong time to get this sandwich. The waitress came over to me twice and said, "Its a coming". Just be aware.

Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Just stopped for quick breakfast. Husband decided on buffet against my better judgment. At 0800, only thing fresh was the eggs. Since they serve breakfast til noon, I would have hated to have seen it by then. Dried up smoked pork chops and polish sausage. Some kind of old sauteed or baked fish. Oatmeal that had a thick layer of crust. Already had out the salad bar ingredients including soup and salads including potato salad....yuk! Only good thing was a very pleasant young waitress, although she was interrupted in the middle of asking if we needed anythg by an older waitress wanting help.....Unfortunately in this small town, there are any better options - Denny's isn't any better.

2  Thank 401eeg
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stopped here for lunch on the way to Lake of the Ozarks hoping to find something a little better than a fast food place. We all ordered the BLT. I didn't think you could ruin a BLT but I guess you can. The bacon was just barely cooked and gummy. The tomatoes (what there was on the sandwich) were almost yellow in color they were so unripe. The lettuce wilted. The French Fries frozen and re-fried.
The server was however very pleasant. Will settle for fast food next time!

1  Thank Trave2leverywhere
Reviewed July 18, 2014

Although I can only blame myself for not reading the fine print, my family chose to eat here because of the "kids eat free" sign. I knew my twin 2 yr old boys would eat next to nothing, and I got them bits and pieces from the Buffett. My 5 yr old daughter got pancakes, and she are like a bird. Honestly, my meal was good (corn beef hash and eggs). However, when it went to pay, the bill was over twice as much as expected. Fine print reads: one kids meal free with purchase of adult entree. My frustration is that i asked our waitress about the kids prices because it sounded too good. She told me the kids meals are free. When asked by the cashier if I wanted to talk to the manager, I declined because I had three kids and realized there must have been fine print somewhere. This is the last time I will ever eat at an Iron Skillet.

1  Thank Rbri3
Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

I eat at Petros all over the country and always get the same thing--sirloin steak with mixed vegetables. At this particular location, this is the second time I have been served food that seemed like it was prepared the day before and then microwaved just before they brought it out. The vegetables were lukewarm except for the squash and zucchini which were ice cold. The steak tasted a little rancid and appeared to be microwaved as well--one end was cold.

I should have just opened a can of Ravioli in the truck.

1  Thank Jim H