“Great Hotel for Fitness Lovers!”

Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort
Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Kimberling City
Reviewed April 26, 2014

Short and sweet, this review is dedicated to my hometown of Kimberling City and where you want to stay when you come to play at Table Rock Lake. Of course you will want to play with me, as I am a Certified Stand Up Paddle Instructor here on TBL and will take you through a fun, beginner-friendlly way to become a Stand Up Mermaid. If you love water, love fitness, and love the idea of becoming a mermaid, then what are you waiting for? Stand Up paddling will be that one sport you didn’t know you could love so much. No impact, great for leisurely paddling as well as giving you the capability to burn up to 1000 calories an hour, this fastest growing water sport will sport a new love within you! Now that you are itching at the chance to come try it with me, here is my pick for where to stay for when you come play….Port of Kimberling Marina and Resort. Located directly on the water at the Port of Kimberling Marina, this upscale hotel features spacious suites and comfy beds, not to mention views that will have you bounding out of bed to hit the water! On site there is a great fitness center with free weights, machines, and high quality cardio equipment. But don’t stop there! The Port of Kimberling Hotel is located within running/walking distance to the Marina itself and has great walking/running paths and streets, all surrounded by amazing water views. Tennis courts and a basketball court are nearby, and Williams Bros. Ski & Sports will be your one-stop shop at the Marina for wake boards, skis, SUP rentals and Paddlefit classes (with yours truly) and perhaps even a lesson or two with me! Find me on Facebook at Get Fit with Jodelle to set up your Stand Up paddle Lesson while staying at the lovely Port of Kimberling Resort!

Room Tip: Pay a little extra to get a room with a water view…the morning sunrises are spectacular!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jodellefitzh20

Reviewed February 17, 2014

I stayed at the Port Of Kimberling Resort over the weekend. I enjoyed the stay but would classify this as one of those diamonds in the rough type places.

Once there I was very pleased with the accommodations, the friendliness of the staff, and the overall cleanliness of the place. I stayed in one of the lake view suites and it was very nice. The bedroom and bathroom could be separated from the living room and kitchenette area with closed doors which will serve any couple with different sleep schedules very well. The balcony/porch faced eastward towards a cove on the lake and the rising sun which provided a nice place for the morning cup of coffee and peaceful start for the day. Since it was in the winter off-season the outdoor pool and hot tub were not in operation, but they looked like they would be a nice addition to the experience. In addition, I did not use any of the marina offerings but there is a variety of watersport equipment available for rental, as well as a café if you were to visit during the watersports season.

I say it is a nice place once you get there for two reasons. Finding the place proved a bit difficult because the road names were completely different than what the maps showed and I ended up having to call the resort for guidance (and you know how badly we men hate to have to ask for directions). In addition the surrounding scenery on the road in lacks a lot to be desired because you are driving through a hodgepodge of houses and commercial buildings that really does not give you the “resort” feeling until you actually get to the parking lot area. You would never guess there would be a resort at the end of this drive. But again, once you get there it is a very nice place. Just call ahead to get the actual road names before you arrive and don’t rely on a map or GPS.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We have camped 2 times in the campground and 1 time in the cabins. Both times were great. The shower house is very clean and the campground offers a lot of parking for campers & boats. We have plans already to camp there again. AWESOME PLACE!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Heather B
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We came in late and it was dark so we couldn't really see our surroundings. The room itself was roomy, clean and new feeling. We had a king suite. The staff was friendly and helpful. Waking up to the view of the lake was the best surprise. For the price we paid I was worried it was going to be a shack and that was not the case at all. If we are ever in the area again I will definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Great value, request a lake view. You can sit on your own personal deck with your morning coffee and...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 28, 2013

After renting a lovely campsite & having a wonderful first night, we were rattled to have our second night shook up by cabin renters who were loud, drunk & fighting. POK security addressed the issue immediately; however, the 20 something's lied & said it was not a real fight. Right....

Anyhow, I asked the manager if we could just move to their hotel as we were very uneasy about staying in a pop-up next to these people for the rest if the night with our twelve year old daughter.

Right away we were provided a wonderful king suite. Very clean & comfy with a great view if the water. I'm thankful we asked for this option as....upon check-in to the hotel, we learned that the security guard had told the fighters who had turned them in. Nice.....

We have been camping for 15 years & have never stayed anywhere that renters act so stupid. This was our 2nd time staying at POK & the first stay had people who played blaring music until wee hours if the evening. They did manage to turn it down just soon enough for security to be passing through. So much for enjoying the sounds of nature.

If we ever come back here, I will rent a room from POK & not camp. That is, unless, they pr

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This past weekend I took my wife, 11 y.o. daughter and her friend to Table Rock Lake. Before I say more, please note that I have visited the area and stayed on the lake more than 50 times in the last 20 years.

We rented a cabin from POK which is owned by the same people who own What's Up Dock (please read my review of this boat rental facility and their horrible customer service), a new hotel, restaurant, marina, dry boat storage and boat dealer.

The cabin itself was fine. Cute and cozy. The steps to the loft sleeping area are very steep and do not conform to any code or standard (I own a design build firm and was a general contractor for 8 yrs.). The girls could not stand in the loft and the "beds" are two mattresses thrown on the floor without any linens on them. The bedroom which had a king size bed and offered some privacy had a door that did not lock. The kitchen and bathroom were adequate and served our needs fine. The living area is no bigger that 10 x 10 and held a couch, large chair, stools and a table that was built for dwarfs - and I am not a big guy! The tow televisions were so small it defied my imagination. During the rain (which happened on all three days we were there) we were without a signal. The deck on the front was great (the very best part of the cabin) and had a nice view of the water.

Though it smelled musty and damp in the cabin appeared to be clean. There was adequate linens and sundries for personal and kitchen clean up.

The cost was a bit high for the comfort, space and lack of amenities. There were no amenities - no pool - no game room - no activities - no nothing. We paid the AAA rate which was $145 per night. We have had cabin's at Big Cedar for the same money and condo's on the lake for less - many much less. All offer more amenities, comfort and space.

If you want a cute, very small, cabin with no amenities on the lake this may be your place. If you like a few more creature comforts, more space, some amenities or activities - you can find them all over the lake for the same or less money. If you want to feel like your business is appreciated definitely go elsewhere.

We were amazed that the owners did not make it possible for cabin guest to use the pool on their property at the hotel which was only a city block from our cabin. No real consideration was given to making guest feel like they were at a resort. The prevailing attitude in my opinion is not good. They need a lot of Disney training in the customer service department.

We will not return to POK. Their idea of good customer service is not this repeat customers idea of customer service. We will be returning to other places when we return to the area.

Room Tip: If you rent a cabin - insist on one that faces the lake. If you check into the hotel be aware this...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank David S
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort was a wonderful experience! We had our family reunion here in June 2013. From making the reservations and numerous conversations with Ashley to finalize plans, make changes, finalize the plans again to the ice cold lemonade waiting in the lobby it was perfect. I spent a week at POK in a King Suite Lakeview room. The first 3 days (Sun-Tues) I was there I was working remotely. The internet access was flawless! My son and my grandson spent the first few days with me. We were on floor 1 which was great because it was on the same floor as the pool walk out. On Tues. my daughter and her family came. They have a 15 month old. They stayed in the room next to mine which was very nice. Every afternoon the pool was shaded which made it perfect for their 15 month old to enjoy. The pool has a graduated "beach" entrance with little spouts of water the babies really enjoyed. On Wednesday my parents joined the group. Their King Suite was on floor 2 which is the same floor as the lobby. This worked very well for them as it meant they did not have to navigate stairs or the elevator to get to their room. It was very nice for them to be able to have easy access. Other family members stayed in the double rooms in the hotel. They were also large, very comfortable with fridge and microwave. The hotel is less than 5 years on and very well maintained. It is family owned and operated, along with the marina. We rented a boat slip which was just a short walk from our hotel room. We also rented a jet ski and a houseboat. All were clean well maintained. They are a bit of a hike from the hotel but a great stay as well. Early in our stay I noticed a wasp nest being started on our terrace. I called the desk and ask if they could do anything about it. Within 15 minutes a very nice "wasp nest removal man" came an discouraged the wasp from ever returning. I knew the hotel was family owned and I asked the young many what relation he was. He said none. I asked him how he liked working there and he said it was a wonderful place to work and that his employers were great people to work for. His wife also worked there in the housekeeping department. (I think how a place treats the employees says a lot so I always try to ask) I could go on and on but the bottom line is of all the places I have stayed this one is by far one of the best. It is not a fancy, fancy Ritz type place but a very, very nice lake resort with large clean well maintained rooms and a staff that tops it all off. We will be back . . . the whole crew in 2015! And a smaller group in 2014.

Room Tip: Floor 1 is a walk out floor to the pool and the conference room is on that floor. Floor 2 is the ma...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling
Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling
#6 of 8 in Kimberling City
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort? Share your experiences!