“Is the Kimberling Inn Spiderman's vacation spot?”

Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kimberling City
Warren, MI
“Is the Kimberling Inn Spiderman's vacation spot?”
Reviewed July 7, 2010

One Single Rose’s rhyme about the Kimberling Inn—MUSTY AND DUSTY! The condos at the Kimberling Inn need SERIOUS attention. My family got together for a family reunion and used the Kimberling Inn as an overflow hotel. What a disappointment! The rooms are outdated, full of spider webs, mildew musty, dirty dusty and need a MAJOR cleaning! We got a call from one of our cousins who checked in before us to advise that we should stop for cleaning supplies BEFORE we check in--man are we glad we did because the room needed it! As soon as we opened the door we could smell mildew. Sure, the Kimberling Inn sits on a lake but you don’t want to smell “lake” in your room! The self-stick tile in the bathroom and foyers looked like my 13 year old nephew had mopped the floor with a paper towel and missed several spots. The cabinets in the bathrooms contained caked up dust from who knows when. There were spider webs on the lamps in each bedroom, corners, terrace door handles and in the kitchen! The drinking glasses had gray film on them as if they were washed in the lake and turned upside down to dry. The handle for one of the tubs was supposed to be clear but sported a black mildew haze that I refused to touch with my bare hands. The Berber carpet was a nice touch but I think that carpet was an ant breeding ground! We killed at least ten ants and one cricket who thought they’d take a free ride by hanging out in our room. I carry shower shoes with me when I travel. However, I refused to walk on the carpet and floors with my bare feet! When I book hotel rooms, a comfortable night’s sleep is paramount. The “double” beds in our condo seemed more like a twin sized bed and we were very uncomfortable sleeping in one spot. The bedrooms weren’t even large enough so that we could put the two beds together to make one! We booked three rooms for a week but after two nights of non-sleep after a 12-hour drive, we had enough! Upon check out, the Kimberling Inn asks guests to fill two pillow cases with towels and linen. I guess that’s the extent of their cleaning once WE guests strip the beds of linen and fill the pillow cases with towels. We even had to pay $2.00 for ice! What hotel makes you pay for ice???????? A small investment by the Kimberling Inn into updating each room and housekeeping staff that actually paid attention to EVERY detail would turn this negative two star motel into something great for Kimberling City.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank rosie313

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed at your hotel this weekend we had a barking dog in the room next door that kept us up all night, we had a traverse blind in the living room AND the bedroom that would not open to enjoy the view that the Condos on the lake offered, we had a tub that would not drain and you had to stand in your dirty water at the end of your shower, there was holes in the sofa so large that a foot could catch it an rip it father as I did by accident. We were celebrating our 28th year wedding anniversay an checked into our room at 6:00 check out at 11 the next day and did not really have the time or the want to have a maintaience man in our room fixing things while we where there and we dont complain much but that was just awful and the lady at the desk the next day was very unpleasant to say the least. So unless your "INN" shows us that they want our business back we will not return. thanks ......Mike an Laura Rowden 2931 s 1st rogers, ar. 72758

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank laurarowden

Travelers are raving about these Kimberling City hotels

Salinas, California
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Have stayed here in the past and was reluctant to stay there this time, but was convenient for friends who had met us there. First off, everything is outdated, our housekeepers Debbie and Carrol, did an excellent job of keeping us supplied with clean towels and bed linen when we needed them. It does have an excellent location if you are into the lake thing and has a great view, however, with that said, it doesn't make up for the way we were treated by a couple of the housekeepers, one drove a gold mini- van and another one drove a white pick-up truck and would park right in front of the doors. We went to breakfast early a couple of mornings and upon arrival back to our room, the one driving the white pick-up truck told us the housekeepers have always parked in front of the rooms and it would be available for me to park in later in the evening. This went on for the 5 days we were there. The day we checked out, we went to breakfast, came back and had to park on the otherside of the parking lot and carry all of our luggage to the car from there, simply because the house keepers are allowed to park right in front of your room's door!!!! I was also appalled when my friends and I were standing out side on the walk, waiting on our wives, and we heard who was evidently a supervisor or something named Dee tell a young housekeeper in her early 20's that she could go home early, that she would clock her out later after she left !!!! WOW !!!! They weren't even trying to be quiet about it, although there was no other houskeepers around when they said this.
The pictures they show of the atrium, the dining, gym, doesn't show the water stains on the ceiling or carpet. And forget about the mini gold, it was all tore up. Also lots of fisherman, drinking and yelling all night long. Save your money and stay somewhere a little better known.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank cannongreenenergy
Indianapolis, In
Reviewed April 14, 2010

I am a bluegreen resort owner and took this as a hotweek. I should have held out for something else. At least the room was clean. Our unit didn't have washer/dryer, no oven, had a stovetop, and a microwave that was so old it was dials and push buttons. It fizzled out on last night staying. Turned air on when I got there on a Saturday, checked out the following Sat and the air never shut off. Had it turned down to 50 and couldn't get room below 70. Had to open patio doors when there so that the breeze would blow in. Had dishwasher on and turned my hairdryer on (which I supplied) and blew fuse in half the unit. Maint did come right away and the fuse box was on the outside of the building. Went to turn on bathroom light and the fan and it blew the fuse again! Which they showed me where it was so I could flip my own breaker. Was told my unit was poolside, what a joke! I walked across the parking lot to look at it, which was open yet, but the cement was so busted up around the pool it looked terrible! Besides the fact that the water was nasty because it hadn't been covered up for the winter. Our wonderful view was the top of rubber roofs of the next unit over.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank darlene2522
Central Illinois
Reviewed March 20, 2010

Hotel is very outdated. The carpet in our room was nasty. The beds are very firm. Small 19ish inch tv. If you check in late, there is nowhere to eat. Their restraunt for breakfast is way overpriced, however the meal was decent. Wi-fi was only available in the main building, which there are no rooms available. The "workout room" is very out of date, looks like something you would purchase at an auction. Just overall very run down. Spend the extra $15 and stay in Branson. You can get up to date hotels with complimentary breakfast, flat screen tv's, refrig, and microwave all in your regular hotel room. Oh and last but not least, do not leave any of your stuff....they won't send it to you. Supposibly they are sending my dvd I accidently left, still waiting.....

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank Chl0e01
Alabama
Reviewed March 15, 2010

We stayed at the Kimberling Inn through a trade with RCI. We actually gave up a really nice timeshare with a full kitchen and washer and dryer and stayed in one of their 2 bedroom condos with a "half kitchen". The place was extremely outdated and smelled. The tile floor had cigarette burns in it - this was supposed to be a non-smoking room. We found the ash trays on top of the refrigerator.

There was one very small screen TV and the furniture was cheap, old and worn out. You would sink into the couch and chair when you sat on them. These are old motel rooms that were combined to make "units". The unit we stayed in was not being maintained. We tried to get another room but they said they would call us if one came available. They weren't even 25% full.

Don't go near this place! It is a dump!!!!!

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank s19018
masdrs
Reviewed July 27, 2009

We were there over the 4th of July weekend. Friends of ours were staying nearby in their cabin. We only needed a place to shower and sleep so we rented a basic motel room. The room was clean and comfortable, the sheets were bright white, and the bathroom met my stringent standards. This is not a fancy chain hotel that we city dwellers get used to. Instead, it is a small, friendly, efficient place to stay when in Kimberling City. We were even able to save money by bringing our beloved dog instead of kenneling her.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberling City
Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort
Port of Kimberling Marina & Reso...
#1 of 8 in Kimberling City
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Tribesman Resort
Tribesman Resort
#86 of 140 in Branson

Been to Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling? Share your experiences!