“Good location, needs updating”

Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Kimberling City
Reviewed August 17, 2008

I stayed here with extended family August 10-15, 2008.

The property is medium sized and you can easily walk to the shopping center, docks, pools, mini golf without having to hoof up too many hills. The docks are nice and new and great for boats up to almost 30 feet. The location is ideal for easy boating access and 35 minutes to Branson for entertainment.

The place is in desperate need of updating. I get the feeling that the owners are just going to milk it until it falls apart and spend no capital to upgrade or make the place more appealing. We had two 1 bedroom units and 1 two bedroom unit which comfortable slept 12 of us. The units are well equipped with pots and pans and even blenders, but no oven, only microwave and a double coil stove. There are grills out back you can use to cook also. The units show their age in the bathroom with old tile with funky grout. I was surprised that the relatively small (21" ?) TVs had absolutely no video inputs (except the coax cable), so leave your DVD players, Wiis and Xboxes home.

There are 3 outdoor pools, and one indoor pool. The outdoor pools are nothing special and would make any apartment complex proud. The two I jumped in were relatively cool even in August but Missouri had many days of rain before we got there. The indoor pool is hot and chemically stuffy. The gym is pretty old school as well.

In Branson, you must take your kids to The Tracks, The coolest gokart tracks in the US, my boys loved riding with us over and over. We also went to the Chinese Acrobat Circus, great high quality entertainment for all ages.

Another tip, double check the serving hours of any restaurant you plan to go to as we almost came to fisticuffs when I called ahead to Fall Creek Steak House and when we arrived 8 minutes later my party of toddlers and seniors was told they were closed. I puffed up my chest and acted like an ugly American and they seated us afterall. On another night at Geraldi's adjacent to the hotel, we were told they were "out of small pizzas" Huh?

Overall Kimberling Inn is decent shelter but can disappoint those who are looking for more than a roof over your head while enjoying the beauty of Table Rock Lake.

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank My_name_is_Paesan

Reviewed June 16, 2008

My husband and I stayed at the Kimberling Inn Resort with our one year old from June 7th- June 14th. We stayed in a one bedroom condo that was nice but could use some updating. It was definitely clean and taken care of though. The one bedroom condos have a refrigerator, dishwasher, 2 burner stove, an over the range microwave and a sink. They also come equipped with silverware, pots and pans, cooking utensils, blender, coffee maker and pretty much everything else you would need for cooking. Our condo was on the ground level which was nice and it had a patio also. Off of the patio there was a grill that you can use. If you're like us and are used to sleeping with a celing fan, sorry, they didn't have them. Our master bedroom door would lock every time we shut it, but the maintenance man would be there within a few minutes. There is no internet access in the rooms but there is WIFI in the lobby. There are 3 pools that we know of. One indoor which was being "worked on " while we were there and there were 2 that we visited outside. The pool that is by the motel rooms opens at 9am but the pool that was closer to us by the condos doesn't open until noon. I am still not sure why that is, but all was well because the pool by the motel rooms was nice. There is a small play ground by one of the pools that our son really enjoyed and right next to that is a tennis court. There is also a put put course on site that is free, just check the balls and putters out in the lobby. Also, in the lobby you can check out board games. There are 3 resturants on site. We got take out from Ahoy's twice and it was really good both times but it wouldn't be a place for the family to go in and eat because it is really more of a bar. I heard them playing music on the weekends and it was live bands so it is probably a really fun place to go without your children. I know that there is a resturant called the Pier Family Resturant ( i think that is the name) and it is probably better for the family to go in and eat. When you check in you should get a packet and it contains a 10% coupon for one of the one site resturants so definitely use that! Also in that packet there is a page that explains your FREE tickets just for staying there. We were offered a choice of either the Toy Museum or a Magic Show and since we have a one year old we chose the Toy Museum and it was really fun...and FREE!! The one bedroom condos do not have washer/dryers but there is a laundrymat on site by the motel rooms. You can get change for them in the lobby. There is also a grocery store right across the street, the prices are pretty high but the location is great! The resort is right on the lake (which is beautiful) so if you have a boat or jet skis, this is the place for you! But before you go, remember you are going to be on the lake, which means spiders, spiders, spiders...get your husbands shoe ready!

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank jadensmom
Reviewed June 9, 2008

We stayed here with our two adolescent boys in a two bedroom condo. The resort itself is older and needs some updating, but overall we were pleased. Our room had an obstructed view of the lake, which is gorgeous. The boys had a great time fishing off the piers. We rented a boat nearby (What's Up Dock), which I would highly recommend. (There's also a place to rent skis, inner tubes, wake boards, etc - The Ski Shop) It's torture to look out at that beautiful lake at not get into it. The resort itself has plenty of boat docks, but no boats for you to use. It was an easy and pleasant drive to Branson and Silver Dollar City. The location of this resort is ideal. We were much happier than had we stayed in Branson itself. I would like for them to do some updating and modernizing to the rooms. It looked like some of the other units may have been newer, but ours was definitely outdated. They had wireless internet access in the main lobby. Overall we were pleased.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled with family
1  Thank SarahLiz99
Reviewed November 26, 2007

We made reservations 6 months in advance for 4 condos for a family reunion and they couldn't manage to put us next to one another. Our condo's were spread out all over the grounds. Only one condo was acceptable and it had issues also, but the other 3 condos were very run down. They smelled of mildew, which made me sick, there was cobwebs all over, the tub leaked so the floor would be soaked in the bathroom, terrible lighting, not full kitchens as advertised, water stains on ceilings and there were spiders. The one condo that was acceptable had an oven that worked sometimes, a dryer that took 2 hours to dry just a few items, rusty vents, and carpet that was so dirty that our socks would be black. Any of the reviews that you read that say they were nice were about the 1 condo that we had that was acceptable and we tried to have all of us in those condo's and management said that there are not any more available because they are all in timeshares. So, most likely if you stay here you will end up in a run down stinky condo with double beds. The grounds were not well maintained. The only thing this place has going for itself is that it is on Table Rock Lake, which is beautiful.

Stayed: November 2007
2  Thank HipToBeSquare
Reviewed June 14, 2007

Stayed here three times in 2006, the last time was in October. Our condo was beautiful, and the view of the lake was fantastic.
The condo was decorated very nice and was very clean. The help there was very good, especially the housekeeping staff.
If you like to fish, it a very good location on Table Rock Lake.
We will be coming back again in July 2007 and again in October 2007 for a week at a time, just like we did last year. Can't wait to get back.
p.s
The only drawback about the location is Highway 13 during the summer months, it is quite congested trying to get around to get down to Branson.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jeet3
Reviewed June 9, 2007

Once a year we come down to Kimberling City, stay at the Kimberling Inn for two nights, and go bass fishing with a guide on Table Rock Lake. We pick the Kimberling Inn because our guide can pick us up right at the Kimberling Inn's boat dock, there are places to eat within walking distance to eat (the resort has some of their own resturants too), there is an indoor pool (not fancy by any means), but something that my son enjoys, and the price for high season is under $100 a night (85 is what we paid for two double beds). For us when you are getting up at 5 a.m. to be out on the Lake by 6 (location and not having to get up earlier than this) was one of our bigger conisiderations about a place to stay. The propery has two buildings of motel rooms, as well as lots of one bedroom and two bedroom condos. I would imagine that the condos are much nicer than the motel rooms, but can't comment because we've never stayed in these. I considered a condo for this past stay -- it looks like some of these have lake views and balconies with views of Table Rock lake (I love balconies and also love the extra space and kitchen facilities a condo offers). I ended up, though, getting just the motel room because of cost/budget considerations, the fact that we were really just looking for a place to sleep, and the fact woudn't be spending much time in the room. The motel room section rooms here are more like a place you'd pull up to on a road trip to sleep for the night vs. what I'd pick for a vacaton stay or the type of property I'd stay at for a business trip or conference. This is an older property and is a little run down. My husband and I were both pleasantly surprised, though, with the bathroom in our unit this time. It looks like everything had been redone in there (new tile, etc. very clean). During our 2006 stay, my thoughts were -- "Boy these bathrooms could really use some work". Side note: The bathroom did not have a hair dryer. I'm s used to having these almost everywhere and will have to remember to bring one with we next time. The indoor pool and spa and mini golf were a hit with my son and were fun family activities, even though the facilities, in my opinion, don't by any means measure up to newer/nicer resorts. Sliver Dollar City / Celebration City / Branson with it's shows and attractions are both just a half hour away too. And we usually do one of these after fishing. With the crazy Branson traffic, though, definately leave the property at least an hour before your show to give yourself plenty of time. Many of the families at the pool I noticed were locals who joined the health club to have access to the facilities and a place to swim/play with their children. The pool though was my no means overly crowded, and we were there for Memorial Day weekend. It was actually kind of nice for my son that we met kids to play with there. Although I'm not all that enamored with this property, for the reasons stated above, we'll be back again for a two night stay for fishing again in May of 2008.

• Stayed: May 2007, traveled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2006

We have a family reunion there every year (hopefully, never again). This year we decided to go for the whole week. They made us switch rooms in the middle of our stay, even though they knew a year ahead of time how long we were staying. We had to check out at 10 and could not check back in until 3. We have 3 young kids who needed a place for a nap and some milk that we had to throw out because, we had no place to keep it. The condos were really gross. They would come around every other day and bring fresh towels and collect the garbage, but would leave it outside the door for at least 24 hours. That is all they would do. The bathrooms were gross, there wer things growing on the outside of the toilet and tub. They had not left the sheets for the couch so we had to track some one down to get them. When we complained they acted like they did not care.
They also check an elderly relative in on the 3rd floor of the hotel, she also had reservations a year in advance, and there were several rooms on the ground floor unoccupied, but they would not move her. What customer service? I will never go back!

• Stayed: July 2006, traveled with family
3  Thank kfrog
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberling City
Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort
Port of Kimberling Marina & Reso...
#1 of 8 in Kimberling City
Welk Resort Branson
#25 of 133 in Branson
Table Rock Resorts at Indian Point
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa

Been to Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling? Share your experiences!