“SPIDERS SPIDERS SPIDERS!!!”

Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling
Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Kimberling City
Reviewed June 8, 2011

The fact that they even call this a resort is sick!!
There were spider webs and spiders every where!! The smell coming from our air conditioner was that of pure mold. I haven't seen a hotel have actual KEYS for the doors since I was a child. When we were checking in there was a RAT in the dirt underneath the sign by the front door. I have to say the only thing that was enjoyable about this 2 say stay was the pool! You can tell the pool water at the least is taken care of! I will NEVER stay here again and think this hotel has soo much potiental and they let it go to ruins. It also makes the town of kimberling look run down :(

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
6  Thank adaleya25

Reviewed August 27, 2010

This is a large complex with many different types of rooms, suites,and timeshares. We always stay in the hotel. I have never stayed in a different type of room. It is always a plain, clean room. Never seen a spider.Never been bothered by a housekeeper or their vehicles.The 4 pools (one indoor), hot tub, sauna,steam room, exercise center and locker rooms and laundry room are always clean too. These and the nice big docks(stroll, sit and sun or read...food and drink right there), free on site mini golf , tennis, bowling next door,several restaurants and bars within a walk make it a treat for me, no matter the season, while my husband comes to fish.There is a large grocery across the street and this time there was a free outdoor bluegrass concert in the parking lot of shopping center next door. Believe me, following the fishing tournament trails can take you to some dives, and this is not one, at least the hotel part. I cannot vouch for the timeshare properties...but all my experiences in the hotel have been fine...really great for the price. I will be back soon. Motel is not fancy room, but is adequate,and always clean, and the amenities excel. The only problem I ever had was once some forgetful, drunk, middle aged ladies kept throwing cigarettes off the balcony.... landing on cars and inside trucks and boats parked below....burning holes in the carpet...

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 23, 2010

What a shame to let a property with this much potential go to complete ruin. The owners should be ashamed. Read the reviews ... old, rundown, dirty, spiders ... it's all true. And yes, if you search through the 3 ring "guest services" binder you'll find instructions to strip your own bed and stuff your dirty linens in to a pillow case. Mold/mildew was coming through the bathroom floor linoleum. I wish I could say that the staff was friendly and helpful but really, they were just irritated and put-out because the place was, surprisingly, quite full. Branson is not that far away ... drive the extra few miles and stay somewhere "real" because the Kimberling Inn is a dump.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
6  Thank TexasMom201046
Reviewed July 11, 2010

Spiders everywere! Even in my bed. Mainly on the balcony in front of the room but we killed 4 or 5 inside the room. We bought spider spray and sprayed everywere outside and killed the ones inside. But OMG! It was like a nightmare for me. didnt sleep at all. The staff told me that if we went to the lake area we would just have to get used to them being around!!! SORRY I've been to other hotels around a few Lakes and they didnt have a Spider infestation?!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank Renae_10
Reviewed July 7, 2010

One Single Rose’s rhyme about the Kimberling Inn—MUSTY AND DUSTY! The condos at the Kimberling Inn need SERIOUS attention. My family got together for a family reunion and used the Kimberling Inn as an overflow hotel. What a disappointment! The rooms are outdated, full of spider webs, mildew musty, dirty dusty and need a MAJOR cleaning! We got a call from one of our cousins who checked in before us to advise that we should stop for cleaning supplies BEFORE we check in--man are we glad we did because the room needed it! As soon as we opened the door we could smell mildew. Sure, the Kimberling Inn sits on a lake but you don’t want to smell “lake” in your room! The self-stick tile in the bathroom and foyers looked like my 13 year old nephew had mopped the floor with a paper towel and missed several spots. The cabinets in the bathrooms contained caked up dust from who knows when. There were spider webs on the lamps in each bedroom, corners, terrace door handles and in the kitchen! The drinking glasses had gray film on them as if they were washed in the lake and turned upside down to dry. The handle for one of the tubs was supposed to be clear but sported a black mildew haze that I refused to touch with my bare hands. The Berber carpet was a nice touch but I think that carpet was an ant breeding ground! We killed at least ten ants and one cricket who thought they’d take a free ride by hanging out in our room. I carry shower shoes with me when I travel. However, I refused to walk on the carpet and floors with my bare feet! When I book hotel rooms, a comfortable night’s sleep is paramount. The “double” beds in our condo seemed more like a twin sized bed and we were very uncomfortable sleeping in one spot. The bedrooms weren’t even large enough so that we could put the two beds together to make one! We booked three rooms for a week but after two nights of non-sleep after a 12-hour drive, we had enough! Upon check out, the Kimberling Inn asks guests to fill two pillow cases with towels and linen. I guess that’s the extent of their cleaning once WE guests strip the beds of linen and fill the pillow cases with towels. We even had to pay $2.00 for ice! What hotel makes you pay for ice???????? A small investment by the Kimberling Inn into updating each room and housekeeping staff that actually paid attention to EVERY detail would turn this negative two star motel into something great for Kimberling City.

• Stayed: July 2010
1  Thank rosie313
Reviewed June 14, 2010

My husband and I stayed at your hotel this weekend we had a barking dog in the room next door that kept us up all night, we had a traverse blind in the living room AND the bedroom that would not open to enjoy the view that the Condos on the lake offered, we had a tub that would not drain and you had to stand in your dirty water at the end of your shower, there was holes in the sofa so large that a foot could catch it an rip it father as I did by accident. We were celebrating our 28th year wedding anniversay an checked into our room at 6:00 check out at 11 the next day and did not really have the time or the want to have a maintaience man in our room fixing things while we where there and we dont complain much but that was just awful and the lady at the desk the next day was very unpleasant to say the least. So unless your "INN" shows us that they want our business back we will not return. thanks ......Mike an Laura Rowden 2931 s 1st rogers, ar. 72758

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurarowden
Reviewed May 10, 2010

Have stayed here in the past and was reluctant to stay there this time, but was convenient for friends who had met us there. First off, everything is outdated, our housekeepers Debbie and Carrol, did an excellent job of keeping us supplied with clean towels and bed linen when we needed them. It does have an excellent location if you are into the lake thing and has a great view, however, with that said, it doesn't make up for the way we were treated by a couple of the housekeepers, one drove a gold mini- van and another one drove a white pick-up truck and would park right in front of the doors. We went to breakfast early a couple of mornings and upon arrival back to our room, the one driving the white pick-up truck told us the housekeepers have always parked in front of the rooms and it would be available for me to park in later in the evening. This went on for the 5 days we were there. The day we checked out, we went to breakfast, came back and had to park on the otherside of the parking lot and carry all of our luggage to the car from there, simply because the house keepers are allowed to park right in front of your room's door!!!! I was also appalled when my friends and I were standing out side on the walk, waiting on our wives, and we heard who was evidently a supervisor or something named Dee tell a young housekeeper in her early 20's that she could go home early, that she would clock her out later after she left !!!! WOW !!!! They weren't even trying to be quiet about it, although there was no other houskeepers around when they said this.
The pictures they show of the atrium, the dining, gym, doesn't show the water stains on the ceiling or carpet. And forget about the mini gold, it was all tore up. Also lots of fisherman, drinking and yelling all night long. Save your money and stay somewhere a little better known.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cannongreenenergy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kimberling City
Port of Kimberling Marina & Resort
Port of Kimberling Marina & Reso...
#1 of 8 in Kimberling City
Chateau on the Lake Resort & Spa
Golden Arrow Resort
Golden Arrow Resort
#38 of 133 in Branson

Been to Table Rock Resorts at Kimberling? Share your experiences!