“Worst stay ever funeral stay”
Review of Super 8 Kennett

Super 8 Kennett
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Kennett
Reviewed January 25, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank CHARLOTTE M
Super8kennett, Manager at Super 8 Kennett, responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2013

Reviewed November 30, 2012

I was delayed getting back from my duck hunt on November 26, 2012. I asked for a late check-out and the hotel could not have been nicer. I know it was an inconvenience, as the maid service was delayed. But, they allowed my late check out. I really appreciated it and plan to stay at the Super 8 in Kennett, MO every time I am in the area.

Robert Karel

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

We try our best to accomodate our guests to best we can. We appreciate your acknowledging this fact. thank you for staying with us and a wonderful comments.

A Wyndham traveler
JEFFERSON CITY
Reviewed October 29, 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Super 8
1  Thank A Wyndham traveler
Super8kennett, Owner at Super 8 Kennett, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2012

Reviewed September 7, 2012

There are two hotels in Kennett, Missouri. Super 8 is one of them, and I have stayed there before while in Kennett. This time was like the others. Sam, the GM is very nice and accomodating. When I checked in, the front desk clerk called him (5:00p) and he was there very quick. I checked in with no problems. The room was good for me, and the a/c was on, making the room cool, which I prefer. During my stay, they installed a flat screen TV, which was awesome. During my stay, there were two tornado warning sirens. Sam was in the front, making sure the patrons were all safe and aware of what was happening. There was only some high winds and rain, being passed over by the tornadoes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to Kennett! Ask for Sam and he'll take care of you. I will be returning to Kennett for Thanksgiving, and I will "definitely" stay here again and again!

Room Tip: I was located on the bottom floor middle, which gave me quick access to exit the hotel as I was in a...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Super8kennett, Manager at Super 8 Kennett, responded to this reviewResponded October 17, 2012

We thank you very much for your wonderful comments and it is always a pleasure to hear the wonderful comments from our guests as well as the not so wonderful ones. These comments help us improve ourselves and pat on back is always helpful when we are doing a good job. Sam is a wonderful GM, that goes beyond his duties to help our guests and make it feel at home. We will be looking forward to seeing you on thanksgiving.

Reviewed August 8, 2012

My mother, nephew and myself currently stayed in this hotel due to a death in the family. When we got there (after 12hrs of driving) we were sent to a room that smelt horrible and the sheets were dirty (stained) and it was HOT! we went back to the desk and were given another room where the front desk staff walked up there with us. While i was checking the sheets and the rest of the room she had an attitude and was like "THEY ARE CLEAN". I then told her that I work in the hotel industry and she asked where i worked and said well we are not a comfort Inn. This aggravated me so much because regardless or the name of the hotel i still expect to have a clean room!! with me working in the hotel business i know the way she spoke to us was very uncalled for. On the other hand the other staff that was working the other days was very friendly and helpful. It was convenient to everything we had to do in this little tiny town. One last thing Is THIS HOTEL NEEDS NEW BEDS! they are so uncomfortable!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank LeeAnn A

I do apologize for your experience. We thank you for your comments because these comments do help us better our service to our guests. I have spoken to the frontdesk clerk to prevent this from happening again. We do take pride in cleanliness of our property and that shows from the QA inspection scores. Our housekeeping supervisor strips the sheets off beds herself, so I know they do get changed and old sheets are not left on beds. We have added pillowtop mattresses in all of our rooms last year for the comfort of guests. We do not compete with any other motel, but improve ourselves to the highest standards of Super8. We hope you will give us a chance to show how great we are in future stay. We thank you for your comments.

Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stay clear of this hotel and avoid Kennett altogether, if you can stay in Hayti, Mo., instead. The Super 8 in Kennett, was so bad, where do I begin? I experienced bags of trash sitting inside the elevator one day when using it. The maid had left them there and when the doors of the elevator opened, surprise!!! You would expect a room to be cleaned properly after paying those high rates, but the floors were left with the same crumbs as the night before and the bathroom had not been cleaned for days(hair and dirty film left in the tub and sink!) Very noticeable to me or anyone who had eyes(except for the maid and managers of the place), who by the way used profanity toward me when I complained! I hope that everyone who reads this will steer clear of this place and I hope they will go out of business before they give anymore lousy business!!!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Ilovetogoawandering

Kennett is a wonderful town with great places to eat and people to meet. there are some times when are not able to please every guest and those guests have other options in town.

Reviewed January 9, 2012

We were recently in Kennett, Mo. for a duck hunting trip and stayed at this Super 8 Hotel. The check in lady was very friendly and the rooms were clean. They are pet friendly which is a bonus when taking along my hunting partner!
The bedding (ie..sheets, pillows, blankets) could use some improvement but we adequate for my stay. If I return to the area I would stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Super8kennett, Manager at Super 8 Kennett, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2012

THank you sir for your wonderful comments. If there is anything that we can do to make your stay even better, do let me or sam know. we thank you for your business.

Been to Super 8 Kennett? Share your experiences!