“Nice, Clean place to stay.”

Super 8 Kearney/KC Area
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Kearney
Alton, IL
“Nice, Clean place to stay.”
Reviewed August 4, 2011

My son and I stayed in this hotel on a Father/Son trip to Kansas City. The room was clean, the rates were reasonable, the staff were helpful, and the breakfast was reasonable. We will probably stay here again if we come back to Kansas City.

1 Thank BeReady

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Fort Smith
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I confess: this wasn't my oriignal choice, but the motel I had planned to stay at was sold out. I got slightly turned around trying to find the motel due to its being set back from Hwy 92. But I finally found it!. The motel looked clean and well kept-up on the outside, though the parking lot seemed a little cramped. There were plenty of spaces, they just seemed a little close together.

Check-in was smooth, efficient and friendly. The gentleman who checked me in had one room left on ground floor, but advised me it was across from two rooms that were being remodeled into a deluxe suite, so there might be a little noise or dust.. Since I walk with a cane, I opted to take the room and take my chances on the dust and noise, but there wasn't any. By the time I arrived, the constructionn crew had finished for the day and was cleaning up all the dust and broken wall board.

The room itself was clean , quiet and comfortable with a heavily padded mattress cover on the bed and lots of good pillows. Everything was in working condition, though I was a bit surprised to find "gourmet" amenities in the bathroom, such as olive oil-based bath soap. That's something you don't normally find in a Super 8. I would have been happy with generic "Super 8" bath soap.

Breakfast had a good selection of muffins, cereal, toast and waffles (!). Plenty to eat, though it would have been even better if there had been bacon or suasage to go with the waffles.

Checkout could have been a little smoother: the lady behind the conyter seemed a little lost at times. But I got checked out and was on my way. Although I found it a little overpriced for a Super 8, I can truly say I enjoyed my stay (with a little help from the Pizza Shoppe down the street ;) ).

Room Tip: Pre-reserve. This is a busy location. Also ask for a room near the end for easy accessibility throu...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank YFNETM
Maple Grove, Minnesota
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed at the Super 8 in Kearney, MO for a baby shower in the area. The rooms were a bit small, but reasonable for the price. The bathroom sink is in the room versus the bathroom but there was a bathtub in addition to the shower.

Location: The hotel was right off of I-35 and was very easy to find. There are a lot of places to eat nearby including McDonalds, Sonic and Pizza Hut. Kearney is also just a few freeway exits from Liberty and all it has to offer (Applebees, Waffle House, Target etc).

Ammenities: 42" tvs, new furnishings, in room fridge and microwave, hairdryer, onsite parking, highspeed internet, pets allowed (with additional fee), free breakfast (waffles, pastries, cereal, bisuits & gravy, coffee, juice and milk). We were also told that they were working on an outdoor pool, but it looked like it wouldn't be available in time for this summer season.

Staff: The staff at this Super 8 really makes this location shine. Joe at the front desk is a gem, especially if you enjoy local history. He is decended from Jesse James' half sister and can give you the complete history of Jesse. The rest of the staff is friendly as well.

Opportunities: The air conditioning for the rooms isn't turned on prior to check in so our room was extremely hot when we arrived. The air conditioner cooled it down within a couple of hours but it would have been nice if they turned on the air at least for reserved rooms. Also, the Super 8 website indicates that they have fresh baked cookies but nothing was available. Not a big deal, just a note that this is the case.

Overall: I would definitiely stay at this Super 8 again! The rate per night was comparable or better than most in the area. The hotel was renovated in July 2011 and is very clean and comfortable. The staff was extremely friendly and made the stay even better.

2 Thank Redbud22
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We stayed at this super 8 during our trip to Wichita, KS . This super 8 has to be on top 10 out of whole US! Rooms were brand new with 46" LCDs, new furniture, carpet, lamps basically they trashed everything and put everything new.

Breakfast was well worth it! It had lot of choices to choose from and the front desk was helpful. Joe at desk is very nice guy and he will make sure that you get a good stay at his property. Saw the owner in morning and he made sure everything was running smoothly and made sure breakfast was well stocked constantly.

Rates were very reasonable compared to other hotels I looked at. We will be back at this location.

Brooklyn Park, Minnesota
Reviewed June 13, 2011

Super 8 used to be a guarantee of good value and a clean room, but we have found that you can't always count on that anymore - unfortuantely. This place was a pleasant exception. It is currently undergoing renovations, but was still clean and well run. The owner was very much in evidence and keeping an eye on things. Breakfast was good and service was excellent.

One real highlight for us was the evening desk clerk - Joe. If you enjoy history, especially related to Jesse James - make sure to chat with Joe. He has a family history in the area and is very knowledgeable about the James family. He also gave us very good advice about things to see and do in and around Kansas City.

We will definitely return here the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: helpful and accomodating.
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank batya410
Fort Worth, TX
Reviewed June 5, 2011

This hotel is under renovation. The rooms are clean, the staff is nice and responsive. Much better than other Super 8's I have stayed in. This one is well worth the stay.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank aug1498
MISSOURI
Reviewed May 25, 2011

we stayed here for one night, check in was fast and easy, we were on a motorcycle and they let us park under the roof up front. Had a king bed and we both slept well, the fridge was nice to have, we had pizza delievered to our room, no problem!!! everything was clean and the breakfast in the morning had biscuits and gravy and a waffle maker, along with juice and fruit and a few donuts. since we basically stayed here to sleep, i thought it was fine and easy on and off the highway!!!

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kearney
Quality Inn Kearney-Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#1 of 108 in Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty

Been to Super 8 Kearney/KC Area? Share your experiences!