“Pick Another Hotel!”

Ranked #82 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Palmyra, Missouri, United States
“Pick Another Hotel!”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Our family stayed at this hotel for three nights for a baseball tournament (had to stay in one of "their" hotels so they could get part of the proceeds). After the game Friday night - around midnight - no hot water, so I called the front desk. Saturday morning - no hot water. I called again. She informed me that they were full, and they were having issues with the hot water heater and the maintenance man was not there. Sat. night - no hot water...Sun - no hot water. Meanwhile - some of the other parents had hot water at times. Still no hot water Monday morning. After we took cold showers, the maintenance man arrived and fixed the shower. Little late! They did comp everyone for their trouble with the water - but only $25 a night...Still not worth it! Hotel owner replied to my e-mail and stated they did the best they could do...REALLY!! Oh...and they NEVER cleaned our rooms! We had to go ask for towels each day...not sure why we bothered getting towels since the shower was cold.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
kansascitymolodging, Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, June 3, 2013
Ms. Susie B,

We would like to say again how sorry we are that your stay was not an enjoyable one. Cold showers are not fun and it is not how we want our hotel remembered by our guests.

We appreciate your team staying with us and strive to take the best care of all of our guests.
The issue has been resolved and we would love to have you with us if your baseball team ever returns to the KC area.

Comfort Suites

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Flanders, New Jersey
Reviewed May 29, 2013

We stayed here recently. For what we paid I expected a little better, the Hilton and Homewood Suites which are nicer were lower priced. Room was dank and AC didn't work well. The bed was terrible in the room, rock hard and very hard to sleep on. Sheets were dirty in the second bed so we couldn't even sleep on that one. Room keys would always stop working. They have birthday parties in the pool so don't expect to use it that much. Breakfast left a lot to be desired. They had some sort of group (teenagers) who were extremely loud and obnoxious, when I complained to the front desk they did nothing but shrug their shoulders.

Room Tip: don't expect to use the pool on the weekends since they have birthday parties in it.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dear Snuffy,

Thank you for being our guest and for taking time to give us your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our guests' stay.

We know that summer months bring a lot of excitement to our area and hotel. It is our goal that everyone enjoys their time with us. Weekends are full of fun while our weekdays are more relaxed at the hotel. For future bookings check online- we have wonderful deals and packages available to fit a variety of travel plans.

We hope to see you again soon.
Lansing, Kansas
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Got stuck back in February at this hotel due to the snow storm. Nice hotel and it had a great breakfast and the WiFi was good, They are plenty of places to eat at around the hotel. Also Walmart is right across the street.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Mr. Bonnerpsrings-

We loved having you as our guest in February and are happy we could offer a warm, safe stay during the snow storm.

Just so you know, we have even more restaurant and dining options that have opened since February. You must come back! This time bring your swim suit- Worlds of Fun and Oceans of Fun are open and only five minutes from the hotel.

Hope to see you soon!
Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I was booked at this hotel by the company I was working for. I was in a room that was at the end of the hallway, next to the stairs and exterior door way.

The exterior doorway did not latch or lock. When I asked about it, I was told "We know," with no further explanation.

I was working nights during this stay, and I asked the night desk clerk when I could have my room made up. After a long and winding explanation, she said I couldn't have my room made up if I was "going to sleep all day."

When I came back from work the next morning, I asked the day shift clerk if I could have my room made up. He referred me to a woman that he said was the housekeeping supervisor and I went through my explanation again. She told me that unless they could come make up my room between 11 AM and 4 PM there was no way they could make up my room.

Now, I partly blame the company I was working for. They should have made arrangements when they booked the room, or at least asked some questions. However, just being told that I couldn't have my room made up for the four nights I stayed there was pretty awful.

I was able to get some towels from one of the housekeepers, who did offer to clean my room, but I was only going to be there one more night (day) and I was just too tired to stay up any longer. I thought it sad that a housekeeper would offer to clean my room, but the supervisor said I was out of luck.

The WiFi was awful as well. VERY slow and dropped often. Needed to look at a video for work and gave up because of all the buffering.

Despite the advertisement, there is no hot tub. It seems to have been covered with some permanent fixture.

On top of that issue, there was some construction going on at the hotel and I was awakened several times from the noise of the large scissor lift being driven for no apparent reason back and forth in the parking lot around noon time. The workers were hooting and hollering like they were riding a horse or something. This really added to the frustration.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sam-

Thank you for your candid feedback. We have reviewed this information with our staff and I would be happy to discuss this with you further at your convenience.

Our goal is to make sure we provide warm, friendly, and helpful service. We would love to welcome you back and promise to take good care of you as our guest.

Beloit, Wisconsin
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our room was neat and clean, Everything was up to date. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good! There was a large variety of food to choose from. We had no complaints about anything. The location is great as it is easy to access the major highway!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kansascitymolodging, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Mrs. Grandma Anne 1999

Thank you for your responce. We so enjoy our guests leaving their comments on Trip Advisor on how their stay was. We at Comfort Suites hope to see you again in the future.
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I checked in, I asked where the guest laundry was located. I think this would have been a good time for the check-in clerk to mention that THE MACHINES WERE OUT OF ORDER. So it was an unpleasant surprise to arrive at the guest laundry to find both machines with a sign on them. I ultimately was able to use the machine at the Holiday Inn Express just next door, but decided to forgo drying my clothes because of the inconvenience.

The wi-fi signal in my third floor room was almost nonexistent (one to two bars out of five) and SLOW. Lost the signal several times.

The toilet in my room clogged early in the morning (I swear I didn't try to flush a bowling ball -- just a couple of sheets of toilet paper!) and the toilet overflowed. I turned off the water to the toilet and called the front desk for help.

Okay, I wasn't expecting a maintenance person at my door immediately to correct the plumbing problem, but I sure didn't expect to be told that there was only ONE person on duty in the hotel at that hour. (Really? This is an adequate staffing level for a large hotel!? ONE PERSON??) The front desk clerk told me that he was busy setting up breakfast. I requested a plunger to unclog the toilet myself and towels to mop up the water on the bathroom floor. (Thank goodness I knew how to turn off the water to the toilet!) Apologetic Front Desk Clerk arrived with towels but said he couldn't find a plunger. (!!!!) At my request he provided me with a key to the suite across the hall so I could use the toilet there.

I got the feeling that the plumbing was an issue for the entire floor, because the toilet in the suite across the hall seemed to be having trouble handling a small amount of tissue as well. But, well, the general shabbiness of the hotel decor and the abysmally inadequate staffing levels suggested to me that these deficiencies (wi-fi, laundry facilities, etc.) had been an issue for a while and wouldn't be addressed anytime soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pwillow1
kansascitymolodging, Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Mrs. Pwillow1

I completely apologize about any inconvenience you had while visiting Comfort Suites. I spoke with the front desk agent that was on staff that morning, At 7am there is more then one person on shift, I did have maintenance check out the issues you experienced in your room, and well as the other room you visited while on your stay. I do hope you give us the chance to make this right. Please feel free to contact me directly on making this up to you
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son and I were in Kansas City for the Fall Nascar race and we stayed here for Saturday night. We had a nice dinner at the Texas Roadhouse and had a nice weekend in Liberty Mo. I would stay here again as the rooms were clean and very nice. Bathroom was roomy and clean and enough towels. Breakfast was ok, sausage and eggs, juice, coffee and cold cereal. The breakfast area was clean and food was kept filled when running low. This was a good experience for a short weekend. I got the feeling the hotel was a stop over for over the road truckers as large trucks in the lot but parked far enough away to get your car parked close...good lighting as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kansascitymolodging, Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding Comfort Suites Kansas City/Liberty. We are glad to hear you had a enjoyable stay. We are glad you consider us your "Home away from Home". That gives mystaff and myself a better feeling that we can make someones stay enjoyable. Hope to see you again next year for Nascar.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#1 of 109 in Kansas City
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park

Been to Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty? Share your experiences!