“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #79 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Beloit, Wisconsin
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

Our room was neat and clean, Everything was up to date. The staff was friendly. The breakfast was good! There was a large variety of food to choose from. We had no complaints about anything. The location is great as it is easy to access the major highway!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
kansascitymolodging, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, April 24, 2013
Mrs. Grandma Anne 1999

Thank you for your responce. We so enjoy our guests leaving their comments on Trip Advisor on how their stay was. We at Comfort Suites hope to see you again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed December 1, 2012

When I checked in, I asked where the guest laundry was located. I think this would have been a good time for the check-in clerk to mention that THE MACHINES WERE OUT OF ORDER. So it was an unpleasant surprise to arrive at the guest laundry to find both machines with a sign on them. I ultimately was able to use the machine at the Holiday Inn Express just next door, but decided to forgo drying my clothes because of the inconvenience.

The wi-fi signal in my third floor room was almost nonexistent (one to two bars out of five) and SLOW. Lost the signal several times.

The toilet in my room clogged early in the morning (I swear I didn't try to flush a bowling ball -- just a couple of sheets of toilet paper!) and the toilet overflowed. I turned off the water to the toilet and called the front desk for help.

Okay, I wasn't expecting a maintenance person at my door immediately to correct the plumbing problem, but I sure didn't expect to be told that there was only ONE person on duty in the hotel at that hour. (Really? This is an adequate staffing level for a large hotel!? ONE PERSON??) The front desk clerk told me that he was busy setting up breakfast. I requested a plunger to unclog the toilet myself and towels to mop up the water on the bathroom floor. (Thank goodness I knew how to turn off the water to the toilet!) Apologetic Front Desk Clerk arrived with towels but said he couldn't find a plunger. (!!!!) At my request he provided me with a key to the suite across the hall so I could use the toilet there.

I got the feeling that the plumbing was an issue for the entire floor, because the toilet in the suite across the hall seemed to be having trouble handling a small amount of tissue as well. But, well, the general shabbiness of the hotel decor and the abysmally inadequate staffing levels suggested to me that these deficiencies (wi-fi, laundry facilities, etc.) had been an issue for a while and wouldn't be addressed anytime soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank pwillow1
kansascitymolodging, Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Mrs. Pwillow1

I completely apologize about any inconvenience you had while visiting Comfort Suites. I spoke with the front desk agent that was on staff that morning, At 7am there is more then one person on shift, I did have maintenance check out the issues you experienced in your room, and well as the other room you visited while on your stay. I do hope you give us the chance to make this right. Please feel free to contact me directly on making this up to you

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed October 25, 2012

My son and I were in Kansas City for the Fall Nascar race and we stayed here for Saturday night. We had a nice dinner at the Texas Roadhouse and had a nice weekend in Liberty Mo. I would stay here again as the rooms were clean and very nice. Bathroom was roomy and clean and enough towels. Breakfast was ok, sausage and eggs, juice, coffee and cold cereal. The breakfast area was clean and food was kept filled when running low. This was a good experience for a short weekend. I got the feeling the hotel was a stop over for over the road truckers as large trucks in the lot but parked far enough away to get your car parked close...good lighting as well.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
kansascitymolodging, Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, October 30, 2012
Thank you for your review regarding Comfort Suites Kansas City/Liberty. We are glad to hear you had a enjoyable stay. We are glad you consider us your "Home away from Home". That gives mystaff and myself a better feeling that we can make someones stay enjoyable. Hope to see you again next year for Nascar.
searcy
Reviewed October 10, 2012 via mobile

Suites should be two rooms with a wall and door, not a area with a partion in it. Stayed for 3 days did not check out because the area I was working in. And did not have the time to look for a new place to stay. Choice hotels needs to get a dictionary.

• Stayed February 2012
Thank you for your responce for Comfort Suites Kansas City/Liberty. All of our rooms are suites because they have the mini fridge, and microwave as well as having a sitting area with a sofa. I do apologize for any confusion that may have happened with how our rooms are set up. We do not have any room type we consider two room suites, because there is not a full wall seperating the bedroom, from the sitting area. I will let choice know about the details. We do hope to see you again.
Tulsa, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 8, 2012 via mobile

Check in: Took longer than it should, had reservations, was only one checking in still took 10 min.
Rooms: Good, clean rooms
Area: Very good several good eateries nearby.
NOTE: My son left his wallet in room, was going back in to look for it met lady from front desk running toward me trying yo catch us because housekeeping had found his wallet.

Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review regarding Comfort Suties Kansas City/ Liberty. I am sorry we did not meet all your expectations while you were with our property. I will get with my front desk staff, and make them well aware of the timely check in that all guests should have while staying at our facility.
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 4, 2012 via mobile

Stayed during Labor Day weekend 2012. Rooms were clean, large, nicely decorated, and comfortable. Curtains didn't keep out enough morning light. Common areas were a bit problematic. Hot tub was out of order, and left uncovered so guests could see green water. Elevator had the same spills on tile floor for days. Breakfast area was standing room only because too few tables and chairs despite room enough. I give the rooms 4.5/5 and the common areas 2/5.

• Stayed September 2012
kansascitymolodging, General Manager at Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Thank you for your response refering to the Comfort Suites. Here at Comfort Suites we like to make every guest happy. I would like to apologize completely for you not having the best stay at our property. Please feel free to contact me directly, and we can make your next stay one of the best!
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed there last night. The lobby area and room were very clean, but I tell ya riding up in the elevator I had my doubts about the room. the floor of the elevator was filthy and looked like it hadn't been cleaned in 3 months. There was something that looked like dried cheese on the floor of it since yesterday and was still there when we checked out this morning. The management needs to know (do they read these?) that its a terrible first impression that everyone on the 2nd or 3rd floor will see. I realize it's light tile, but they really should switch it out for something dark if they aren't going to mop it EVER? Other than the terrible impression from the elevator everything was fine, I liked the room, the bed was comfy, no complaints about the staff. They could definitely use more seating in the breakfast area and there is room for it. Oh, and fix the hot tub, that was just gross.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your responce refering to the Comfort Suites. Yes management reads all reviews, and responds. I do appreciate the feedback that you have given, and I will see about making changes. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, and hope to see you again.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#1 of 109 in Kansas City
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park

Been to Comfort Suites Kansas City - Liberty? Share your experiences!