“Very nice stay, great morning breakfast”

Courtyard Kansas City South
Ranked #46 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Phoenix, Arizona
“Very nice stay, great morning breakfast”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

If you are a solo traveler, it's probably not worth it to pay the extra for a room + breakfast, but if you're a couple, it definitely saves you money. I've eaten at quite a few hotel's "hot breakfast" bars and this one is by far the best because it's restaurant-style, cook-to-order breakfast. Very nice.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. I am pleased to see you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel, as well as the food in the Bistro. The entire staff looks forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kansas City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Reading UK
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I stayed at the Courtyard for three days on a business trip. This was my third stay this year and the quality of service has been consistent and of a very good standard. The room was a good size and well furnished. The breakfast service was a little manic but the staff tried hard to please. My only issue is that the location is a little remote and there are no restuarant facilities or room service available so eating out is the only option.

Room Tip: I find that rooms on a higher floor are quieter than most.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
Thank you for your comments on our hotel. We are very pleased you have stayed several times this year and hope to see you again in the future. The Bistro just recently started offering the Bistro to Go option, you can conveniently place your order over the phone and pick it up to go. Thank you for choosing our hotel when you stay in Kansas City we look forward to seeing you in the future.

Goddard, Kansas
Reviewed September 5, 2012

We stayed recently after going to a Royals game. It was a very reasonable rate purchasing through the Marriott website and using our AAA card got us a small discount. I was already happy with the price, but asked for a room with a fridge for milk for our one year old, or an upgrade to a suite if any were available. My wife is a Marriott rewards member so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but we were upgraded to a suite for the price of a regular room. The front desk was very friendly and I was very pleased with the service.

I was very happy with the size and comfort of the room. Both rooms had a 32" LG flatscreen tv with decent channels. The room decor was modern and comfortable. Our room had both a microwave and tv. Our bed was comfortable and it was great to have a separate room from our son as he is a light sleeper.

We did not use the pool or hot tub but we could see it from our room. The view of the courtyard was also nice. The lobby was nicely decorated and modern. We felt safe at all times and it was very close off of I-435.

We enjoyed our stay and I will definitely consider staying here again when in Kansas City.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank FrankWichita
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
I would like to thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kansas City.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

I too travel a lot and had the chance to stay here. Very nice welcome and clean room that is decorated nice.
Nice bistro with breakfast etc. serve Starbucks coffee but they have free coffee in the lobby in the morning as well.
Would stay here again with no second thoughts!

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, August 17, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your cooments about our hotel, I am glad to see you enjoyed the hotel during your stay. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Kansas City.

Springfield, Missouri
Reviewed August 10, 2012

I travel often for work and stay in hotels all the time. I am very picky and I find this hotel exactly all its suppose to be and more. The staff is friendly, the rooms are clean, spacious, decorated nice. I think I favor this hotel also for how its very calming it has a great relaxing ora

• Stayed July 2012
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, August 13, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding our how. We are please to see we are one of your favorite places stay in Kansas City. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

St Paul, MN
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed last night at this location. Every thing was just as you would expect from a Marriott Courtyard. I would stay again. It was very hot and the air kept the room cool. The Ice machine was gone on the first floor, yet I am sure it died and was in the process of being replaced. All in all, it was a nice stay. Unsure about the negative reviews here, as you can see the management takes each one to heart.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments for your recent stay in put hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip to Kansas City. Hopefully on your next trip the weather outside will be far less than the 100 degrees we have seen in the recent weeks.

Sincerly,

Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Pro: Hotel is near interstate for easy off/on. Room was clean and it had a great shower head. We had breakfast, which was on the house, as we are a military family. Staff was pleasant and attentive.

Con: No beverage machine on floors. Has to go to lobby to get sodas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard Kansas City South. We lok forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to Kansas CIty.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Metcalf, South of College Boulevard

Been to Courtyard Kansas City South? Share your experiences!