“Just Fine”

Ranked #50 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
St Paul, MN
“Just Fine”
Reviewed July 26, 2012

We stayed last night at this location. Every thing was just as you would expect from a Marriott Courtyard. I would stay again. It was very hot and the air kept the room cool. The Ice machine was gone on the first floor, yet I am sure it died and was in the process of being replaced. All in all, it was a nice stay. Unsure about the negative reviews here, as you can see the management takes each one to heart.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, July 30, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments for your recent stay in put hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and we hope to see you on your next trip to Kansas City. Hopefully on your next trip the weather outside will be far less than the 100 degrees we have seen in the recent weeks.

Sincerly,

Kelly Kuns

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Manhattan, Kansas
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Pro: Hotel is near interstate for easy off/on. Room was clean and it had a great shower head. We had breakfast, which was on the house, as we are a military family. Staff was pleasant and attentive.

Con: No beverage machine on floors. Has to go to lobby to get sodas.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, July 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay in our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here at the Courtyard Kansas City South. We lok forward to seeing you and your family on your next trip to Kansas CIty.

Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

Overall, not bad. Not noisy at all, awesome lobby, and pretty clean room (except for the rust stain in the bathroom). I was especially impressed with the internal courtyard with lush landscaping and nice indoor pool.

The fitness center was pretty average with a few machines and a weight set. The TV on the treadmill I used was really messed up.

The staff was pretty nice, but nothing memorable.

• Stayed July 2012
, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I would like to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel, we are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and hope to see you on your next trip to Kansas City.

Sincerley,
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed June 19, 2012

I like Courtyards by Marriott - usually. Two nights at this one, though, will leave me looking elsewhere for my firm's business needs in KC. Poor training, slipshod and borderline rude staff, inept housekeeping ("Oh, did you want your room cleaned?" the desk asked at 3:00 pm.), understaffed or overwhelmed "cafe" service, poor AC, my name left off my room after I provided it, difficulty obtaining coffee in the afternoon, staff running noisily through the lobby repeatedly - four times in 10 minutes this morning - in a spectacle to answer ringing phones, desk staff shrugging off continued problems, elevator broken twice, and a lack of normal, conventional hotel staff politeness - in the end it was just ridiculous, like a group of amateurs masquerading at offering hotel service, and not being very sincere about it. Cafe staff behind the cashier were nice - that's about it here, and not enough to make me want to risk another stay. TERRIBLE EXPERIENCE, which is a shame considering the room, after I placed in one with a decent AC, was comfortable.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else or in advance ask, "Are you sure it has a newer heating/AC service?" and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank KSJGM
, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, June 21, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel. I would like to extend my deepest apologies to you for the substandard service your received in our hotel. We take pride in the service we provide here at the hotel being in the top 20% of Marriott guest satisaction surveys, and I can assure you the service you received during your stay is certainly NOT standard for our hotel. I appreciatate you taking the time to comment on our hotel as it is only with comments such as yours that we can improve out hotel.

Genera Manager
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last weekend while my dad was in St. Joseph's hospital. Was able to make a last minute reservation using Marriott Rewards points. The hotel was older but has been updated recently, especially the lobby/lounge. The rooms were comfortable and clean...exactly what I would expect from a Courtyard. There was even a little balcony to get some sun even though the views were of the parking lot. The hotel is hidden in a residential neighborhood, right off the freeway. Didn't seem like there was much to do around the hotel but it was extremely close to the hospital and that's all that mattered to me. I almost never watch pay-per-view movies but wanted to after a stressful day at the hospital...but sadly discovered that this Courtyard didn't have that option available. There are a lot more hotel options just a few exits up the freeway in Overland Park (including what looked like a newer & bigger Courtyard), but if the location works for you I think this property is a good choice for a decent night's rest.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, June 15, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and hope we see you on your next trip to Kansas City.

Wilson, Arkansas
Reviewed June 12, 2012

I so enjoyed my two night stay. Felt like I was sleeping at a coffee shop (all te new decorations). Considered sleeping in the lobby (so comfortable).

• Stayed June 2012
1 Thank todolist
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, June 14, 2012
Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard Kansas City South for your hotel accomodations, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kansas City.

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed April 26, 2012

The locations in an aging property that has been remodeled. My king suite was okay, but it did not have a refrigerator in my room. The bed was very comfortable and the room was pretty plain.I graded the location low because I am a Priority Club and H honors card holder. I paid $13.00 for a bowl of Cherrios, a fruit cup, and a cup of coffee. Then at night I ate a hamburger that was so bad that I have never eaten a burger that bad in my life. I think a gas station microwave hamburger would have been better. I will never stay at another Marriott property in the future. The staff was nice, but they told me they had a shuttle service from 6am to 10pm before I arrived. When I arrived they told me that the shuttle didn't leave until 8am. These inturupteed my plans by two hours which I think is bad service.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Rob2222
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this review, April 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel. I understand you stayed in a suite in our hotel, and had no refridgerator. All of our suites do have refridgerator in the TV cabinet in the room. I will follow up with maintainence to make sure they do not have any out of service and if so I will make sure it gets replaced so this does not happen again to any of our guests, as this is one of the amenities of our suites. I also understand you had an unpleasant experience with Bistro, I would like to extend my apologies to you it certainly is not a standard to put out food that our guests think is horrible. If you contact me directly at the hotel and give me your information I would be glad to issue a credit for your dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments as it is only with comments such as yours that we can only improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Days Inn & Suites Kansas City South
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City - Grandview
Hyatt Place Overland Park/Convention Center
Courtyard Kansas City Overland Park/Convention Center
Holiday Inn Overland Park-Conv Ctr
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Kansas City Sports Complex

Been to Courtyard Kansas City South? Share your experiences!