“Solid hotel in South KC”

Courtyard Kansas City South
Ranked #48 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 14, 2012

Stayed in this hotel last weekend while my dad was in St. Joseph's hospital. Was able to make a last minute reservation using Marriott Rewards points. The hotel was older but has been updated recently, especially the lobby/lounge. The rooms were comfortable and clean...exactly what I would expect from a Courtyard. There was even a little balcony to get some sun even though the views were of the parking lot. The hotel is hidden in a residential neighborhood, right off the freeway. Didn't seem like there was much to do around the hotel but it was extremely close to the hospital and that's all that mattered to me. I almost never watch pay-per-view movies but wanted to after a stressful day at the hospital...but sadly discovered that this Courtyard didn't have that option available. There are a lot more hotel options just a few exits up the freeway in Overland Park (including what looked like a newer & bigger Courtyard), but if the location works for you I think this property is a good choice for a decent night's rest.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I am pleased you enjoyed your stay here and hope we see you on your next trip to Kansas City.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Kansas City South

Reviewed June 12, 2012

I so enjoyed my two night stay. Felt like I was sleeping at a coffee shop (all te new decorations). Considered sleeping in the lobby (so comfortable).

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank todolist
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your stay at our hotel. I would like to thank you for choosing the Courtyard Kansas City South for your hotel accomodations, we look forward to seeing you on your next trip to Kansas City.

Reviewed April 26, 2012

The locations in an aging property that has been remodeled. My king suite was okay, but it did not have a refrigerator in my room. The bed was very comfortable and the room was pretty plain.I graded the location low because I am a Priority Club and H honors card holder. I paid $13.00 for a bowl of Cherrios, a fruit cup, and a cup of coffee. Then at night I ate a hamburger that was so bad that I have never eaten a burger that bad in my life. I think a gas station microwave hamburger would have been better. I will never stay at another Marriott property in the future. The staff was nice, but they told me they had a shuttle service from 6am to 10pm before I arrived. When I arrived they told me that the shuttle didn't leave until 8am. These inturupteed my plans by two hours which I think is bad service.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Rob2222
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay in our hotel. I understand you stayed in a suite in our hotel, and had no refridgerator. All of our suites do have refridgerator in the TV cabinet in the room. I will follow up with maintainence to make sure they do not have any out of service and if so I will make sure it gets replaced so this does not happen again to any of our guests, as this is one of the amenities of our suites. I also understand you had an unpleasant experience with Bistro, I would like to extend my apologies to you it certainly is not a standard to put out food that our guests think is horrible. If you contact me directly at the hotel and give me your information I would be glad to issue a credit for your dinner.

Thank you for taking the time to submit your comments as it is only with comments such as yours that we can only improve.

Reviewed April 8, 2012

We had a large family reunion at the hotel because we were all attending a funeral nearby. After the funeral there was a glitch and we couldn't have the evening meal for 18 of us at my father's widow's house. The front of house staff manager, Mike, helped organise a meeting room where we could hold our meal. He and the other front desk staff were incredibly helpful and accommodating. They helped turn what could have been a disaster ($400 worth of purchased food) into a successful and memorable event for the family.
Thanks so much.
Rebecca

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay during a difficult time, I am glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel and hope we will see you on your next to Kansas City. Thank you for taking the time post your comments I will make sure our entire staff knows thier service was appreciated by you & your family.

Reviewed April 7, 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice and would definitely stay again. It's clean and comfortable, with a courteous and helpful staff. The hotel has a small bistro, business center etc like most Courtyard's, but there is a nice area to sit outside and most rooms appear to have a balcony with a table and two chairs. The location is convenient but the hotel is tucked back where there isn't a lot of drive by traffic. It's not within walking distance to a store, but everything is within a short drive.

• Stayed: March 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and hope to see you on your next visit to Kansas City.

Sincerely

Reviewed March 21, 2012

Perfectly acceptable business hotel at the usual Courtyard standards. But what is up with the dial-up speeds on the plug-in only internet? Even the plane I flew here on had high speed wifi.

Speakeasy speed test: download 0.38Mbs upload 0.36Mbs - too slow to do any work here.

Room Tip: Try to get one near the lobby to see if you can pick up some wifi
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2012

Thank you for your comments about your recent stay in our hotel. We are in the process of upgrading our internet. This should be complete in the next few weeks and with the upgrade we will be adding wireless internet to all guest rooms as well as improving the speed of our internet as well. We do appreciate your comments as it is only with guest comments that we can improve.

Sincerly,

Reviewed February 21, 2012

We stayed here for two nights, and the service was great. The rooms were very clean and the personal working there were great. I would stay there again. It also was very quite

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Kelly K, General Manager at Courtyard Kansas City South, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. I am glad you enjoyed your stay our entire staff looks forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Best Host Inn Plaza Kansas City South
Ramada Kansas City
Ramada Kansas City
#75 of 109 in Kansas City

Been to Courtyard Kansas City South? Share your experiences!