Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Ranked #65 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Awesome for the money!”
Reviewed April 23, 2014

The room was modest but clean. All of the appliances in the kitchenette worked great. Front desk staff was superb. We asked for extra towels and got them ASAP. Couldn't have asked for more. Would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: we booked through Hotwire, and got two twin beds, when we would have preferred a double or king. Re...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff and clean rooms with fully equipped kitchens at a great value. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Holland, Michigan
Reviewed April 14, 2014

We went to Kansas Mo meet up with my parents for SB. They rented two rooms in advance for a week to accommodate 8 people. We got 1 towel, 1 wash cloth and a bath mat for 4 people, when we asked for more they continually said they were out. The "fully stocked" kitchenette had not pots or pans, no plates or silverware. Only the small burner worked on the two burner stove. We were told that we were not able to use one of the rooms from 6am to 6pm because the people below us worked at night. We were continually harassed by the MOD for 2 days even after not using the room for those 12 hours. The elevator is a death trap, and sounds horrible when being used, added bonus the inspection expired Nov. 2013, only used it once. There was black mold in the bathrooms and bed bugs in one of the rooms, my dad woke up with 50+ welted bites after the stay.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
2 Thank Misty H
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I sincerely apologize for your experience including the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, wof@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

El Paso, TX
Reviewed January 12, 2014

DO NOT MAKE THE MISTAKE OF SLEEPING HERE. Thought an extended stay place would be more accommodating than a regular motel for a one night stay - on long road trip and needed mini fridge and microwave, coffee maker. This was definitely not the case. When we checked in, we were warned the Wi-Fi was very slow and there was nothing else they could do to fix it. When we asked if there were coffee makers in the rooms, we were also told that they had had to move different things around from room to room but that there should be one there. When we got to the room, there was coffee but no coffee maker. The room was supposed to be non-smoking and smelled terribly of smoke, plus there was no phone and the television did not work. Also, during the night, we kept hearing a strange screeching sound which we thought was the neighbors' door, but turned out to be coming from the A/C / heating unit. The only good thing to report is that they gave us an extra hour to check out the next morning.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Iowana
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. I am sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay . I discussed your comments with the team, and we are making sure our rooms are properly stocked and the equipment is properly functioning

Thank you very much for bringing this to our attention. If you have any additional feedback, we would like to hear it. Please contact me, at wof@extendedstay.com, so we can speak directly. We do hope you will choose to stay with us again so we can have the opportunity to provide you with a better experience.
New York City, New York
Reviewed November 20, 2013

I try to review as fairly as possible and give the benefit of the doubt. So here we'll have the good and the bad. The staff is very friendly. The location is fantastic as far as convenience to many attractions & proximity to the airport. The bed was very comfortable, but it was a much smaller room than I would have expected.Pricing was great as I bid on Priceline. The tv is the older style and worked fine. If I were to give some advice for staying here, do NOT get a room facing the main road. It is VERY noisy and if you are a light sleeper it will disturb your sleep. Request a room on the same side as the office. It is cool that they are a pet friendly place. Another plus is there is a few places to eat right in the same area which were walking distance (Wendy's, Waffle House, Gas Station, and the All Star Grill) There was an elevator which is helpful. Here are the issues I had while here: there were no pots and pans in my room so I had to go get them. There was no shampoo or conditioner in my room, I had to go get that too. There were no wash clothes in my room at all-used the hand towels because it was late when I discovered this issue and I had already had to make several trips back down to the office. The light by the bed did not work so it was a little darker than I liked in my room. There was no plug in the sink to wash dishes and there was no dish soap so I had to make yet another trip down to the office. I had to wash the dishes in the bathroom sink because there was no plug for the kitchen sink. There was no kitchen trash can, only one can and that was in the bathroom. The rooms do not have a hair dryer. I have stayed with the Extended Stay America chains and have never encountered issues like this before. Most of which were attention to detail items that were small but added up when there were so many. It was frustrating after finding one thing after another.I really liked the staff but did find my stay frustrating due to several small things that added up to too many in the end. I am really not sure if I would stay here again because of this. The super 8 next door advertised on it's building that you could stay a week for 179.00 & I may give that a try next time.

Room Tip: DON'T get a room facing the main road, it is very noisy and if you are a light sleeper it will d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank BubbaSmiley
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We appreciate the kind comments about the comfort of your bed and the location of the hotel; however, we apologize that the necessary items were not properly stocked in your room. In response to your feedback, I am making sure all of the rooms are inspected and have all amenities upon check in.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at wof@extendedstay.com. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Kansas
Reviewed August 25, 2013

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL!

Trash everywhere in the common areas.
Not clean very well (Hair in the shower - BOTH rooms I stayed in, urine stain on the toilet seat).
Some rooms were not properly prepared (no alarm clock, no phone, comforter with burn holes, fridge unclean, etc.)
Most of all, I had the unfortunate experience of having a ROACH fall from the CEILING!

I don't care how much you pay for it, ANYWHERE is a better option than Crossland Economy Studios. If you have kids especially, Find another hotel!

Room Tip: Go Elsewhere!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
6 Thank Darren C
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of your experience with us. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that the rooms were not clean and comfortable.

As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have spoken with staff and corrected theses issues to ensure your experience is not repeated. I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at wof@extendedstay.com.

Reviewed July 4, 2013 via mobile

I came here because is close world of fun but the first night maybe i got sleep 2 hours.a terrible smell to smoke, the bathroom with holes in the shower. I needed put 2 towels, i dont know if somebody could see.the bed very bad, I woke up with back pain ... The table in the kitchen was dirty..,dirty place, bad condition, bad smell all time... My worse idea was came here .,,I got other reservation in other hotel at 7.00 am and immediately I leave this terrible place. My reservation was for 3 nights and I didn't get sleep any night ... NEVER recommend this place...

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank CinthiaSped
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
Cinthia - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room smelled like smoke and the shower had damages. To make sure this doesn't happen again, I am coaching the staff on how to properly clean, repair and inspect rooms moving forward.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at wof@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. It would be our pleasure to have you stay with us again in the future to show you our positive strides taken to enhance your experience with us.
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I made a reservation for 2 queen beds, but was given a room with 2 double beds. When i noticed the difference, i figured we would just trade rooms. I was told there were none available till after we were gone. Then i asked for a rate reduction because of the difference and was told there was no rate difference.

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank papa-bear-4life
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the room size change is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. I discussed your comments with the team and we have reviewed what we could have done differently. I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at bwilmurth@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.