Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed December 25, 2012

My room was clean and the carpet and flooring appeared to be new! It was great having a full kitchen in my room for such a low price! Also, I decided to shorten my stay by one night and was very pleased by how that was handled. The clerk was very understanding and gladly refunded me for one night. The location was perfect, with easy access to the interstate. I will definitely stay here again next time I venture to KC!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
vguerke, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such an outstanding review of the property. I'm thrilled that you enjoyed everything involved with your stay and that our Guest Service Representative handled your early departure with ease. Thank you again for your review. We look forward to seeing you again, should your travels bring you back to our area.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Great value, clean rooms, safe location, and amazing mgmt personnel! I travel extensively and its difficult and rare to find great lodging without going over budget. I have to point out the front desk ladies went over and above my expectations. Will definitely stay again.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank Reddirt1970
vguerke, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a terrific review. I'm so pleased to hear that your felt our front desk staff was superb and you enjoyed your accommodations! Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 3, 2012

I stayed here with my children for two nights. During check in, I asked if they had ice and the clerk said there were ice trays in the freezer. Upon entering the room, I was overwhelmed with a foul odor in the room, I immediately opened the refrigerator/freezer and did not find any ice cube trays. At that time I went to make a pot of coffee and the coffee pot was severely chipped where you pour it out. I then went to clean up my mess from attempting to pour the water in the reservoir and grabbed a kitchen towel that appeared to have toothpaste on it from a previous guest. Concerned that I would be held liable for all of these issues I immediately went to the phone so I could notify them of the missing ice cube trays, broken coffee pot and dirty towels. I went to the phone, picked up, didn't hear a dial tone and attempted to dial and got nothing. All of the buttons were missing on the phone. I later asked one of my children to check the phone and she noticed there wasn't even a cord plugged into the phone in the room. I also noticed hair on the bedding (sheet). We changed out linen with our own. I gathered the phone and the coffee pot and took them both to the front desk, the lady apologized and gave me a new coffee pot and said she would get me a phone as soon as possible. We stayed in the room for two days and never got one. On the second night when we returned from Worlds of Fun, our card did not work. Finally after going down to the front desk five times, the clerk came up and used her own card and told us to let the manager know the next morning. We did not see the manager the next morning due to the fact that we checked out and went to our next destination. The elevator was loud and sounded as if it was going to break down at any time. I understand this is an extended stay hotel, but seeing people lay in their beds (men) next door to us, with the curtain wide open is a little much and was very disturbing to my daughter. We did not have enough towels for our room, the utensils supplied were one large spoon, one steak knife, one fork and a butter knife. The spoon barely fit in my coffee cup. Sugar and creamer were not available in the room but after another trip three floors down they did give me what I needed. Also, the bed was very hard and uncomfortable.

Room Tip: I would definitely find a different hotel to stay at if I were to return to that area. The A/C takes...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank fiveinmomsherd
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

The experience you described is truly regrettable. We strive to ensure that our guests have an exceptional stay. As this hotel's manager, I can assure you that I have brought each of the issues you expressed to the attention of our staff. We know that a totally satisfied customer is one who will come back and stay with us again. That is why we take your review so seriously. It reminds us that despite all of the regular praise we receive, we still have room to improve.

Although it is unusual for a guest to have the experience you did while staying with us, we would like to use your account to help us make our hotel even better. Again, I am deeply sorry that you did not have a completely enjoyable stay at our hotel, and I promise that we are focused on total guest satisfaction every day. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me at this hotel or to our guest relations team directly by visiting our website and clicking the Contact Us link at the bottom of the page. I do hope that you will let me demonstrate our redoubled efforts in the future here or at any of our other locations throughout the U.S. and in Canada.

Reviewed April 21, 2012

I chose this hotel over the internet because it was very close to the places I needed to go during my stay. I had a great gal that checked me in-very friendly and helpful. Thank you,Crystal. Clean bathroom and kitchen fixtures and appliances and floors. Furniture and bedding were very worn and fabric tearing on chair. TV cable channels were very limited but TV did work fine. Elevator was broken, trash piled under stair ways. Double bed insead of queen. No ice trays for freezer, cutting board but no knife, coffee package but no coffee maker. Outside odors (smoke, car exhaust, etc) came right through the air conditioner into the room. One night at 1:00 a.m. there is a man scraping a bbq grill that was sitting outside my window. He smiled and waved at me when I peeked out the window. Must have been night staff cleaning up? The next evening there was a guest in the next room that was so high on something and fighting with a woman that I feared for her safety. They were yelling outside my room. I called the office and Crystal came over to help the woman but by that time she had called the police. There were 5 responding officers and it took 3 of them to handcuff the man.They then sat him on the ground right outside my room window and finally took him to jail in a police wagon. This incident lasted 2 hours right in front of my room door and window. The next afternoon I was so tired that I came back to the room early to rest before an appointment later in the day. The smoke alarm went off but I could not find any reason and could not find how to turn it off. I called the office and was told the fire department was testing all alarms in the hotel and they would sound the alarm for the next 10 minutes. At least the alarms are being checked. The room served my purposes for a place to sleep and to shower between planned activities during my stay in Kansas City but I could do with a little less distraction and drama.

Room Tip: Maybe an upper level floor would have rooms with a little less activity distractions and less odor t...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
ChristopherTM, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at Crossland Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun. Given our company's commitment to superior guest service, it was great to read about your positive experience with our staff. Of course, I was disheartened to read that your stay wasn't 100% satisfactory. You certainly have my sincerest apologies

Reviewed April 7, 2012

Staff is nice, but there's no real attempt to keep some of the rooms clean & non-smoking.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank DiAlaska
Management response:Responded July 12, 2012

I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Reviewed February 22, 2012

My boyfriend was tranferred to the KC area for work, and we booked this extended stay hotel online because it was very near to where he was working. We thought it would be a good fit because of the pictures on the website, and the info we got from the website. We reserved a queen bed in a non smoking room for two weeks. Upon check in he was told that they didn't have any queen beds available, and he didn't have a choice but to take the full size bed with the promise that they would switch him to a queen room the next day. The room smelled as though someone had been smoking in it. The next day he checked back in to have his room changed and they again said none of the housekeeping people came in so there were no clean queen rooms available. After this, he spoke with some of his co workers and decided to stay the next week at a different hotel. The website listed laundry facilities on site (important for extended stay customers), which when he inquired about found that they were not in working order. The staff was rude and not helpful, even the mangager he spoke with. They gave him a corporate number he could call with complaints, but he didn't want to have his things vandalized while still staying at the hotel so he did not call. I actually made an online complaint and received a call to come in and pick up a coupon for free stays, which I will not do because even if it was free I will not stay at their hotel.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else! The Value Place just down the road is a much better place.
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank AprilB6
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Check in, paid cash then realised the place was filthy, trash and cigarette buds all over the place, stairs way , walk way. Room is small with two twin beds which supposed to be queen beds according to the presumed manager point of view I talked to later that night before leaving without spending the night there. We were very uncomfortable in the room, asked for refund checked out before 10 PM and called and checked in at a super8 motel about 10 miles from there for about the same price about $ 5 extra and got a 2 times bigger room with 2 big queen size beds and a clean and safe place. Please , please take my advice don't let this happen to you. I made a big mistake and don't do the same. I personnally don't recommend this hotel or studio to anyone and especially to families.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank D T
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
20 mi away
Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Lenexa - 95th St.
Ramada Kansas City
Suburban Extended Stay Lenexa
Days Inn Independence
Days Inn Independence
#16 of 18 in Independence

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun

Address: 4301 N Corrington Ave, Kansas City, MO 64117-1564
Location: United States > Missouri > Kansas City
Free Parking Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Wheelchair access
Ranked #70 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Price Range: $57 - $65 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2 star — Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun 2*
Welcome to Crossland Studios- Kansas City Worlds of Fun. We are located right across the street from the Worlds of Fun theme park and down the road from Interstate 435. Our hotel is designed especially for longer stays with studios featuring kitchens or kitchenettes and plenty of work space. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.