“There's not really any such thing as a non-smoking room here.”

Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun
Ranked #63 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Anchorage, Alaska
“There's not really any such thing as a non-smoking room here.”
Reviewed April 7, 2012

Staff is nice, but there's no real attempt to keep some of the rooms clean & non-smoking.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank DiAlaska
, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Kansas City - Northeast - Worlds of Fun, responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review. Our company prides itself on excellent guest service, so it was gratifying to read your feedback about our staff. I would like to give you my most heartfelt apology regarding the part of your stay that was not satisfactory.

I do appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns about the condition of your room. Please know that we have strict quality control standards that are meant to prevent a situation like yours from occurring. Only certain rooms are designated as smoking rooms, the rest as non-smoking. It should never be the case that a guest who requests a non-smoking room is placed in a smoking room when the preferred room type is available. In response to your comments, I have met with hotel management and staff to find out how such an experience occurred and to determine a system for preventing a repeat occurrence.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Willis, Michigan
Reviewed February 22, 2012

My boyfriend was tranferred to the KC area for work, and we booked this extended stay hotel online because it was very near to where he was working. We thought it would be a good fit because of the pictures on the website, and the info we got from the website. We reserved a queen bed in a non smoking room for two weeks. Upon check in he was told that they didn't have any queen beds available, and he didn't have a choice but to take the full size bed with the promise that they would switch him to a queen room the next day. The room smelled as though someone had been smoking in it. The next day he checked back in to have his room changed and they again said none of the housekeeping people came in so there were no clean queen rooms available. After this, he spoke with some of his co workers and decided to stay the next week at a different hotel. The website listed laundry facilities on site (important for extended stay customers), which when he inquired about found that they were not in working order. The staff was rude and not helpful, even the mangager he spoke with. They gave him a corporate number he could call with complaints, but he didn't want to have his things vandalized while still staying at the hotel so he did not call. I actually made an online complaint and received a call to come in and pick up a coupon for free stays, which I will not do because even if it was free I will not stay at their hotel.

Room Tip: Stay someplace else! The Value Place just down the road is a much better place.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank AprilB6

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed January 14, 2012

Check in, paid cash then realised the place was filthy, trash and cigarette buds all over the place, stairs way , walk way. Room is small with two twin beds which supposed to be queen beds according to the presumed manager point of view I talked to later that night before leaving without spending the night there. We were very uncomfortable in the room, asked for refund checked out before 10 PM and called and checked in at a super8 motel about 10 miles from there for about the same price about $ 5 extra and got a 2 times bigger room with 2 big queen size beds and a clean and safe place. Please , please take my advice don't let this happen to you. I made a big mistake and don't do the same. I personnally don't recommend this hotel or studio to anyone and especially to families.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank D T
Wesley Chapel, Florida
Reviewed September 13, 2011

First off, had to pay a $25.00 night pet fee, she said it was for cleaning, shampooing carpets and drapes. Our room rate, was like $59.00, so I didn't expect much. Seriously, drop the pet fee, not like we are walking into CLEAN, luxurious rooms here. Room was basic, full size bed, and basic amenities. Housekeepers really need to tighten up, also clean around mattress and headboards....digusting!! I did share my room with a few flies, and a couple of spiders.

• Stayed September 2011
Fayetteville, Arkansas
Reviewed August 3, 2011

Got a very good rate as a walkin. The rooms were exactly what your paying for. The reason for staying here isn't anything except the property is with walking or driving distance from Oceans/Worlds of Fun. I lost my key several times and the staff was very nice always giving me a replacement.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Macedonia
Reviewed May 24, 2011

Well it aint the Marriott, and you're not going to mistake it for the Hilton. It is the Extended Stay. The rooms are clean the staff is very friendly and it is located right across the street from Worlds of Fun(right off of 435). The rooms arent the largest, but they are equiped with a kitchenette consisting of a microwave, stovetop, and a sink. The bathroom has a shower(not a tub, but who takes baths at hotels). I would reccomend this hotel to anyone passing through or to people who are from out of town working in the Kansas City area.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank RoomCritic35
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed January 9, 2011

Not the best experience. I booked a non-smoking room, which had obviously been smoked in. My car was broken into (on Wednesday, 1/5/11), complete with my window being smashed (they stole my GPS....I guess it was my fault). No ice machine? Paint is coming off the walls. The TV is tiny. No bath tub?

I cancelled my last night here so I can pamper myself at a different hotel (the Comfort Inn 200 yds away) for my last night in town.

The bright side is I saved money, as I was in town for work and got paid a per diem. I used the fridge and stove/microwave to avoid eating out.

Like I said...you get what you pay for.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business