“Best hotel experience ever!”

Drury Inn & Suites Kansas City Stadium
Ranked #16 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Poplar Grove, Illinois
“Best hotel experience ever!”
Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I travel for business quite often and have stayed in many hotels around the country. This one is by far my favorite. It is clean, quiet, friendly, and safe. I was here for two months and felt right at home. They include breakfast and dinner with drinks free of charge that is fresh and hot. I will be returning to this hotel next month during my vacation.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank funseeker4life

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (79)
Moberly, Missouri
Reviewed June 6, 2014

I had never stayed at a Drury Inn before and was pleasantly surprised. I loved the look of the room. Lots of space. The bed was so comfy. They gave me lots of pillows. The shower pressure was great. I can't complain about anything! Svc was welcoming and free hot breakfast was good. coffee was good. Hotel was clean. I was alone on this stay but when my family and I go on vacation or go out of town like we often do especially in the summer, we will be looking for a Drury Inn. Two thumbs up. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank Hamilton1015
NJ
Reviewed June 5, 2014

The hotel is across the highway from Kauffman stadium with a 10 minute walk along the sidewalk. Guest could see the Friday night fireworks from the lobby. Many of the guests were attending a game. There is not much else in the surrounding area but it was about 15-20 minutes to downtown KC or Truman library in Independence. Rooms were comfortable, as expected. Staff was friendly and helpful. The afternoon kickback was great with free food (chicken fingers, mac&cheese, nachos, etc) and drink (1 free alcoholic drink coupon pp each night). Breakfast was filling (eggs, waffles, biscuits, yogurt, etc.). When I saw a discounted rate after I booked, they made the adjustment. Very good option.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Bella Vista, AR
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We've been in KC area before and knew this hotel was directly across from Kaufman Stadium so when plans took us back there we bought baseball tickets and booked the Drury. It's a bit of a walk across the interstate (on George Brett Bridge) to the stadium but beats fighting traffic and parking crowds. View from our 4th floor room looking towards stadiums was great.

Staff was extremely friendly and accommodating. Evening lobby buffet was great -- baked potatoes with trimmings, pasta in marinara sauce, meatballs, hot dogs, nachos, and a bar serving limited menu of mixed drinks, as well as beer and decent wine. Pleasant serving area and guests were having a good time. We ate enough to save money on the high priced stadium menu offerings, and it was good! Nice breakfast service as well. Very convenient location even if you're not in town for a game.

Room Tip: We requested a room on a high floor overlooking the stadiums and got just what we asked for, on 4th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Cleveland, Ohio
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

I feel like you could stay at any Drury and have a positive experience. At least that has been our experience.
This Drury was another good one. Friendly employees, clean, comfortable and quiet. The only thing I didn't care for was the bathroom sink angle. They probably thought it allowed more room for other things, but the angle was just awkward.
We inquired at the front desk about tickets for a Royals game and the woman gave us a cars of a broker.once in the room, we opened a small advertising booklet abd there was an ad showing discounts for tickets by going to drury.com/Royals (or something like that - don't quote me!). Worked out great and we had a great time at Kauffman Stadium!
Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Saint Peters, Missouri
Reviewed May 2, 2014 via mobile

This is a very clean hotel right off I-70 and across the highway from the MLB and NFL stadiums in Kansas City. My family and I had no problems whatsoever during our stay. The lobby was clean, room was clean, and employees were nice. If you plan on going to the Kansas City Zoo, save a ton of money by purchasing discounted tickets from the hotel's front desk!

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank erinsman
Prospect Heights, Illinois
Reviewed April 30, 2014

Although I wasn't there for a game, I don't think you could find a better hotel for a Chiefs or Royals game. I missed out on the Kickback, but the breakfast was, as usual, delicious. I have always had a great night sleep at a Drury Inn and nothing changed here.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo