Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South
$135
$105
$178
  • Restaurant
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$174
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$119
Hyatt.com
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
$269
$229
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed April 28, 2014

Thanks to Frankie (spelling may be incorrect) for going above and beyond for ensuring myself and my other guests in other rooms were given such high professionalism. Even though the rooms were horrible, she should be transferred to another location with higher quality staff and grounds. She deserves much much more!

• Stayed: April 2014
Manager_11525, Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. I’m so pleased to hear that you enjoyed our friendly staff, especially Frankie. Still, I’m disappointed to learn that our overall accommodations did not meet your expectations. To uphold our company’s high standards, the staff and I will revisit our company’s guest policies to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, kcs@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed April 27, 2014

We found out late in the afternoon that we needed to spend two nights in south KC. Drove down after looking at ten different hotels. We unfortunately picked this one. We walked in to very slow service with lots of people trying to get check in or questions answered. The lady behind the counter was very nice, but slow. The room stank. No other way to explain but think of wet dog mixed with a vacuum cleaner broken bag. The bed squeaked very loudly. Wasted the money booking a king size. Next morning my wife tried to get moved to another room. The lady at the front desk did not care that the room was terrible. Her and one other worker were constantly talking about other employees and how terrible a job they do. They complained about about their jobs, other employees, the food they had to set out, everything you can imagine. No service, no help, place was filthy, and the tub dripped. Don't stay here.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2014

I appreciate you taking the time to write a review of our hotel. I am sorry to hear about the slow check in process you experienced and the unpleasant odor you encountered in your room. As well, I apologize that our staff did not conduct themselves in a professional manner. I will be meeting with our staff to review these issues to ensure your experience is not repeated. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay in the future.

Reviewed April 7, 2014

First night in hotel all they had was smoking room, got in late so I took it with the understanding I would have a non-smoking room available next day for two week stay planned. Manager Whitney came to my room knocked on door and evicted me at 11:30 am next morning. I explained I had a reservation for non-smoking room for day two and asked to stay in my room until my non-smoking room was ready. She said I'd have to pack up and leave and come back later. Cancelled my reservation on the spot and went to a nice Marriot where I have tons of points to use. Take my advice, pay the extra money and use a hotel that gives points towards free nights. You do not get much benefit from the low price extended stay gives you, stinky rooms and rude staff.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2014

I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. I sincerely apologize that you were unaware of our payment and reservation policy. In response to your feedback, I am making sure we review the policies with every guest at check in. As well, I apologize that you were given a smoking room and that our staff did not attend to your needs in a professional manner. We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. Please feel free to contact me directly, at bwilmurth@extendedstay.com, with any additional comments or questions. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay Hotels location in the future.

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The staff was very helpful throughout our stay. A few items I needed the staff promptly brought to me. I would stay with them again! My son loved the chocolate muffins for breakfast and I the coffee! :-)

• Stayed: March 2014
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded March 25, 2014

Kristi – I appreciate you taking the time to write such a great review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed our staff and our grab-and-go breakfast during your visit with us. I will be sure to share your kind remarks with our team. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We look forward to having you visit with us again in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2014

The manager here at this hotel is great. She does an awesome job. She finds excellent help for the hotel to provide wonderful helpful assistance away from home. Thanks for hiring Whitney. And thank Whitney for hiring Ina, Tania, Sherry and Anureka.

Room Tip: If you have kids, then stay on the 1st floor where Ina will help supervise them. If you smoke you will have to stay on the third floor because that is what Missouri law says. But the 2nd floor rooms are really nice because they are cleaned by Tania and Anyurica.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Noel - The team and I appreciate your kind remarks. I am proud of our staff for providing you with a "home away from home". I will be sure to share your kind remarks with Whitney and that other members of our staff.

Thank you again for your review. We look forward to providing you with the excellent service during your stay at Extended Stay America Kansas City South.