Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South
$195
InterContinental
$174
  • Restaurant
Hyatt Place Kansas City Airport(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$119
Hyatt.com
Best Western Country Inn - North(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$83
$72
BestWestern.com
Best Western Plus Seville Plaza Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$118
816 Hotel(Kansas City)(Great Value!)
$104
$101
$269
$229
Marriott Hotels
  • Restaurant
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 2, 2014

Friendly staff, but the rooms had various problems from understocked kitchen supplies that other rooms did have in place to dirty refrigerator, etc. It is usually fine when it is just me and not when I'm bringing a group. Reasonably priced.

Room Tip: These rooms are inexpensive and doable for a must do situation. But, for an extended stay with a group it may be good to research a little more in the area. I'll use it if I have to use I can't find another option in the area.
Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2014

Kim - The feedback provided in your review is much appreciated. It upsets me to hear that your room was not properly stocked and the level of cleanliness was not in line with our company's high standards. I am sorry for your experience. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, my team is going to inventory each of our guest rooms, ensuring they are stocked correctly moving forward. As well, our housekeeping staff is working to enhance our cleaning services so cleanliness is not an issue in the future.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. I invite you to contact me, at kcs@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope we have the opportunity to see you again in the future.

Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel for an annual conference several times and have never had any issues. Unfortunately this was the worst hotel experience I've ever had in my life. I started receiving bug bites the first night of four nights. It wasn't until waking up the next day and having discovered more bug bites that I concluded that I was receiving the bites from the hotel. I brought the issue to attention of the front desk clerk immediately. I returned to the bug infested room and sat on the floor for TWO HOURS before anything was done. I had to call corporate at this point because nothing was being done. Finally a maintenance man came to inspect the room, he did find bed bugs in the head board! I was completely disgusted and horrified that I had been exposed to a blood sucking parasite through no fault of my own. My luggage had to be discarded with no replacement. I did recieve a full refund for all four nights, although nothing could be done to replace the time we had lost that day. It took half of the day to inspect and sterilize our luggage and clothing. I had to wear a sheet for three hours while I waited on my clothes to be washed. I am still in utter shock that something like this happened to me. I received about 7 bites on my face alone, and even more on both of my arms. Every time I look in the mirror I am disgusted at the thought of a parasite having been on my face! Because of what happened at this hotel I am anxious to stay in hotels in general now. I regret saying that I will NEVER be returning to this hotel again in my lifetime. If I wasn't so embarrassed about the situation I would probably be more proactive in discouraging everyone I know from staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank advicefrommonica
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2014

Monica - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept our most sincere apologies for the level of cleanliness in your room and any inconvenience you experienced during your stay. The situation you described is not the norm, and one we take very seriously. In response, I am working with the staff to ensure that we improve how we handle these types of issues and limit the amount of time it takes for us to react. Also, your room has been deep cleaned and the housekeeping staff is striving to enhance their cleaning procedures and inspection policies moving forward to ensure this type of situation is not repeated.

The staff and I appreciate your comments, as it will only help us to improve. I invite you to contact me, at kcs@extendedstay.com, if you have any additional comments. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area for International House of Prayer.

Reviewed November 13, 2013

I have stayed here many times. The staff has always been friendly and helpful, especially Meaghan (sp?). The rooms are decent, generally clean, and comfortable. My biggest complaint is that you can smell smoke in the hallways and through the bathroom vents. I wish the whole facility was non-smoking.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor seem to be the cleanest and have the least smoke smell.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2013

Tomi - I appreciate you taking the time to write such a welcoming review. Thank you for letting us know that there was a smoke smell in your room. We are sorry for this issue, but are happy to read that we provided you with great service and a comfortable room overall.

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Our group stayed at this hotel, we had a total of about 15 rooms. Make sure you say a room with two beds because a king is for one person and a queen is for one person. Our group had 5 kings and 15 doubles. I guess on both side had mis understanding, so all of our room were rooms with one king our one queen. We had people with four to a room that they had to stay in a room with one queen bed. Customer service was so bad. Then we heard that the district manager called our group contact yelling at him and saying if we don't get out of the halls they were going to kick us out of the hotel. We stay at this hotel once a yea for the past 7 years, and this was the worst. We have had bad experience almost everytime we stay. Next year I heard we will be staying somewhere else. The Night Auditor on Thursday night was very nice and helpful, The woman that checked us in it was her forth or fifth day. She was just taking all of the fustratuions from the group. Whitney the General Manager just was talking to our Group contact by phone she did not once try to come up and help are did she check with us the next day to make sure her guest was ok. I thought customers come first, what happen to make sure the guest is ok. People at the desk working with flip flops, checking out this morning a employee sleeping at the front desk. house keepers with hats on there heads, engineer walking up and down the halls with a hoodie on his head. Hallways smelling like mildue, rooms stink, one room 233 had four hand prints on the wall, 127 had like food running down the wall by the bed on the side closet to the bathroom, room 140 always smelled. Thats just some of the problems. Customer Service was horrible I know they probaly don't care if we dont stay there again, but oh well We only stay there once a year.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
3  Thank John D
Manager_11525, Owner at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

John - The staff and I read your comments about your stay with us. Please accept my sincere apologies that we were unable to provide your large group with the room types you had reserved. In response to this feedback, I am reviewing our reservation procedures and policies with the entire team to ensure this issue is not repeated. As well, I am truly sorry for the way our staff handled your concerns. Our District Manager did reach out to your group in regards to the reservation with the goal of assisting as best as possible. Still, I am going to work with the entire team on our customer service skills to ensure that we handle these types of situations better in the future.

Please know, we have enjoyed having your group stay with us year over year and would love to continue having you do so more in the years to come. With that in mind, I hope you will give our hotel another chance so our staff can show you our enhanced efforts.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

I had previously been employed with ESH so I know how it goes and what should be in the room. I had no idea this location existed. I booked my room last minute around 9pm and called 30mins prior to my arrival to confirm. The girl at the front desk was very nice and energetic considering it was late. After checking in I noticed my room didn't have any towels. I went downstairs and was told by the overnight guy that he was doing laundry and they would be done in about an hour. No worries. I went back down around 1am and rcvd the towels. Everything else in the room was fine...except there were no hangers. The shower also had used soap in there and the tub did not look clean. The next morning I needed extra towels and the woman at the front questioned me ab how many I had already had. I don't think it matters. I am a paying customer and that is part of her job to assist me. Also, the breakfast bar was not stocked. There were little to no muffins available and the front desk staff was not busy I think they could have restocked. Other than that it was an overall nice stay. I will be back.

• Stayed: October 2013
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Kansas City - South, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2013

Danielle - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I truly appreciate your comments regarding the friendliness of our staff. Please accept our apologies that our grab-and-go breakfast was not fully stocked and your bathroom was not properly inspected. In response, we are reviewing our inspection policies and retraining our staff on how to handle our breakfast inventories moving forward.