“Tiny Bathrooms, but an OK hotel”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty
Ranked #66 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Tiny Bathrooms, but an OK hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2010

This is a clean, relatively nice hotel in upper KC metro. I will have to say, however, that this is the smallest hotel room / bathroom I have ever been given. There was scarcely enough room in the bathroom for me to close the door. Also, there is some kind of weird noise problem where the AC unit, while not excessively loud, will drown out the Television as the tv has been purposely set at below 25% of the TV's total volume. For one night as a single traveler, this was an adequate room, but I wouldn't have wanted to stay longer due to the above issues.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
hays
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2010

THis Marriott property is great. I had a great suite and a super breakfast! The Breakfast Host had made me fresh pancakes!! I had scrambled eggs, bacon and stawberry bread!! I would recommend everyone to stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank jokerjc
libertymohotel, Webmaster at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty, responded to this review, November 23, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. I am glad that you found your suite to be great and your breakfast super.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation on their presentation.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Econo Lodge. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hays, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2009

Hotel was a blessing!!! We came to Liberty to visit family and didn't expect more than a bed to sleep in, and our experience was above and beyond that! Check in was quick, and the gentleman at the desk was very helpful giving us information on the resturaunts in the area! Room was clean and we had no issues whatsoever. Also, the breakfast was super, great variety and the lady working was very pleasing! We will stay here everytime we come to visit!!

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area. We are very glad that you consider our establishment to be a blessing to you.

I hope you had a wonderful visit with your family.

• Breakfast staff received our commendation on their presentation.

• The man at the front desk and the lady working in the breakfast area received our commendation for the courteous, friendly manner in which they treated you, our valued guests.

I am glad that you decided that you will stay at Econo Lodge every time you visit our area. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Daphne, Alabama
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 5, 2009

The clerk upon check-in gave me a room facing the noisy interstate, even though I always request a room on the top floor away from the noise created by the road, ice machine and elevator. He repeated that he knew that was my request, but said "you'll like the room" because it had new triple-pane windows and the a/c would keep out all the noise. Then I wondered as we were walking down the hall if I had been given a suite, but it wasn't.

We went back to the front desk to ask for another room and the clerk seemed irritated at that, so I was given a room on the side of the hotel without triple-pane windows that was noisy because it was still close to the interstate. I didn't want to fight anymore so we brought our luggage in and discovered 3 hours later that the deadbolt wouldn't work. The a/c unit was old and I had a sense that the room had been a smoking room at one time because of a lingering odor.

The hotel is adjacent to restaurants, retail and gas stations. The beds were comfortable even though the room was small and the bathroom was tiny but had granite on the small counter. The room had newer furniture including a microwave and refrigerator, the breakfast was nice but the layout of the property and filmy yellow striped sheer panels covering the public space windows was different.

The clerk that checked us out the next morning was friendly and helpful, especially when I described my check-in experience and that the deadbolt didn't work to my room. She said that room never had been a smoking room and acknowledged the old a/c unit, explaining that the renovation wasn't complete because they were waiting for more a/c units to arrive. She properly processed my prepaid hotel card (unlike what was done at a hotel on my drive south during this trip) and seemed to care that I leave the hotel with a smile on my face.

Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
libertymohotel, Webmaster at Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty, responded to this review, October 15, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn Liberty for your recent stay in our area.

• The first desk clerk with whom you dealt, received additional training in the courteous, respectful manner in which we treat our valued guests.

• The second desk clerk received our personal commendation for the courteous way in which she treated you, our valued guests.

• Maintenance was informed of the problem with the deadbolt in the room assigned to you and instructed to see to it’s repair or replacement.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fairfield Inn Liberty. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2009

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn on Christmas Day, 2008. The property still has a few last things to finish after its renovation (sp?), but I found it to be very clean and bright. The front desk manager was friendly and very helpful after we realized we didn't have a remote control in our room. Our room itself was a bit small, but it was clean, comfortable and most importantly--quiet.

We would definitely stay there again if we needed to!

• Liked — Clean
  • Disliked — Still finishing up rennovations
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Econo Lodge for your recent stay in our area.

• Housekeeping received our commendation on the level of cleanliness which they maintain as our employees.

• Front desk manager received our commendation on the courteous, friendly, helpful manner in which he treated you, our valued guests.

I pleased that you will be staying at Econo Lodge during any possible future visit. We look forward to welcoming you back.

Hotel Manager.
Louisville, Kentucky (recently from Grand Junction, Colo.)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2008

My co-worker visted this place a year ago -- they were in the middle of renovations then. When she booked this place for our business trip, she called to see if they were finished with the renovations. She was told that it was nearly complete (about a week before our trip), just a few things not finished in the lobby.

We got there and found that the lobby was one of the few areas actually finished. The parking lot was a mess, the pool wasn't open, the television in the gym didn't work, construction materials all around the outside and down some of the halls. When I went down for the continental breakfast, there was no coffee -- two of us were obviously seeking coffee, but the person stocking food simply ignored us and left the room. The other coffee-seeker followed her to the kitchen -- I was fed up by then and went to Cracker Barrel next door.

While my room (very small) was clean and apparently newly renovated, my co-worker went to take a shower in the morning and discovered that her tub was filthy. She wiped it with a washcloth and took it to the front desk. They gave her the room for free (which saved our company some money, but she still had to go through the day with no shower).

• Liked — pretty lobby
  • Disliked — filthy bathtub is coworkers' room
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Fairfield Inn Liberty for your recent stay in our area.

• Management was informed of the report your company was given about renovations being almost completed and the condition that you found our establishment to be in with construction materials being around, pool closed etc. It was made clear that our valued guests should have their questions answered properly.

• Management received our commendation in the courteous way in which they handled your co-worker’s room not being cleaned properly.

• Housekeeping received additional training in the level of cleanliness which is required of them as our employees.

I hope that the next time you visit our area, you will once again choose to stay at Fairfield Inn Liberty. I think you will be greatly pleased.

Travelers are raving about these Kansas City hotels

Cleveland, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2008

the rooms are great and the staff very nice, but this isn't the place for kids or if you have problems with stairs, until the renovation is complete.

half the rooms are closed due to construction and there is no elevator on property right now.

they are heavily discounting the rate to keep people staying, so staying at a Fairfield for 76 a night is a deal.

when the renovation is complete, i think it will be great!

• Stayed May 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kansas City
Hampton Inn Kansas City Liberty
#2 of 108 in Kansas City
WoodSpring Suites Kansas City Liberty
Sleep Inn & Suites and Indoor Water Park

Been to Fairfield Inn & Suites Kansas City Liberty? Share your experiences!