“Excellent value for a great deal”

Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East
Ranked #18 of 108 Hotels in Kansas City
GreenLeadersBronze level
Green Bay, Wisconsin
“Excellent value for a great deal”
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Excellent location near Kansas city airport. The room is super clean with a very comfortable bed. The reception staffs have a modest friendly attitude , and the free shuttle service is an extra value. Thought the breakfast area is small but the complimentary breakfast menu is complete with variety of your choice. I highly recommend this hotel for short or long stay. Very Good value with excellent rate.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this review, November 19, 2013
Dear Elomeda53,

Thank you for comments about your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. We have a great team here and it always pleases me when I hear that guests had a pleasant stay because of them. I will be sure to pass your compliments along to our Front Desk and Housekeeping teams.

As you mentioned, we are close to the Kansas City International Airport with a complimentary shuttle which also runs within a five mile radius for our guests' convenience. Additionally, our team can help arrange excursions into our city for a fun, stress-free experience. Please call us at any time if you have any questions at (816) 891-9111.

Again, I thank you for taking the time to complete the survey. We value all comments we receive as that help us continuously improve our hotel. I hope to see you again soon!

Ashish Patel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Arkansas
Reviewed November 16, 2013

The hotel and rooms were clean, the desk clerk and breakfast servers were courteous and professional, and the room was clean and fresh.

The breakfast was good, with eggs, sausage, biscuit and gravy. The eggs were pre-formed round patties, and not so great. The sausage was good, and the gravy was excellent, with seasoned ground beef included in it. The coffee was good.

The outside lock to the door at the end of the hall was not working. The manager said they need to change the battery in it, but the screws have been stripped. I suggested they may have to drill it out, and he said they were hoping they didn't have to do that. Not sure when it will get fixed.

I have stayed here previously and would happily stay here again.

Room Tip: I suggest you request a room away from the elevator. It has a pretty loud 'ding' when the d...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this review, November 17, 2013
Dear eet2live,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on your recent stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. Your kind words are wonderful to hear and I will be sure to pass the compliments along to our team.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the eggs at breakfast. On the weekends we offer freshly cooked scrambled eggs as well as the sausage, biscuits and gravy, fresh fruit, and much more. Also, your advice about the door locks was welcome; we are working on the situation.

Next time you stay with us, try our great 24-hour fitness center. We currently have a treadmill, elliptical, and a weight machine to accommodate any fitness level. Our indoor heated pool is another treat for you and your family.

I would like to thank you for your continued patronage. We value all our guests’ feedback as it helps us continue to improve our hotel. If you have any suggestions or questions please feel free to call our team at (816) 891-9111.

miami, fl
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was extra clean.. very quiet....about a 30 second walk to the convention center at the Hilton... would stay there again in a heartbeat...The breakfast was included and truly worthwhile and convenient.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Dear karelcosta,

Thank you for your kinds word regarding your stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. We take pride in the cleanliness of our hotel so I will pass the compliment along to our Housekeeping department.

Next time business brings you to Kansas City be sure to inquire about our meeting facilities. We offer a large space that can be customized to your specifications. We also have a business center that is available 24 hours a day for any last minute preparations.

Thank you again for the response and I am pleased that you had a great experience. If you have any concerns or questions feel free to contact me or any team member at (816) 891-9111.

Rochester, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Great location - in relationship to the airport. Very friendly staff making sure my stay was comfortable! GREAT value - hotel is clean and the bed is comfy! Was there for a conference at the Hilton - and based on costs ALONE i'm so happy that I picked the Best Western. Enjoy!

Dear Sara K,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. I am proud of the team at our hotel and was very pleased to hear that we made your stay great.

If you are ever in the Kansas City area again please keep us in your travel plans. We have a wonderful heated indoor pool that is open year-round. Our complimentary shuttle service not only runs to the airport and back, but also within a five mile radius. Kansas City boasts a great shopping center called Zona Rosa with many different shops and restaurants and it is conveniently 3 miles down the highway.

Thank you again for your review. We value all comments that we receive so that we can make our hotel one of the best in the area.

Iowa city, United States
Reviewed November 11, 2013

Me and my guests were here for a family reunion/engagement party (approximately 55 people). I was very happy with the guest rooms as well as the meeting room arrangements. The staff was friendly and helpful and made sure the banquet hall was set up exactly the way I had requested. I even had a few last-minute re-arrangements and they took care of it very efficiently. Clean rooms and a decent enough hot breakfast in the morning. Will definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family

Dear Raeesha G.,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the survey about Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. We were honored to be able to provide the space and rooms for such a joyous occasion. I believe that we have a great team here and reading your comments only strengthens my belief. I will also pass along your compliments to our Housekeeping team.

The next time you are in Kansas City, I hope you will come see us again. As well as our complimentary full breakfast we have a heated indoor pool and a state-of-the-art 24-hour workout facility. Our staff is well educated in the happenings around Kansas City and would be happy to help you plan any excursions in our wonderful city. Feel free to contact us at any time at (816) 891-9111.

Again, I appreciate the compliments and I hope to see you back here soon!

Lees Summit MO, United States
Reviewed November 7, 2013

From the check in to the departure every staff member was great to work with and very helpful. Vanessa at the front desk was a job to talk to and very helpful. Breakfast was good and it had many choices. Rooms very clean and smelled fresh.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Anthony S,
Thank you so much for your review of our hotel. As you experienced, we have a wonderful team here and I am very pleased to hear that we made your stay a pleasant one. We work hard to make this a place that guest will want to come back to again. I appreciate the kind words regarding the cleanliness of your rooms. I will be sure to pass the complement to our housekeeping staff.
Please contact me or any team members directly at (816) 891-9111 if there is anything that we can do for you. As well as a large variety at breakfast, we also have a heated indoor pool and our staff can help arrange a wonderful weekend for a getaway at the many Kansas City area attractions.
Washington, United States
Reviewed November 6, 2013

Excellent service & room. Very helpful staff at lobby and shuttle drivers. They made sure we had prompt shuttle service to and from the airport even though it was earlier and later than the normal shuttle hours. We and probably some friends will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Patricia R.,

Thank you for your recent comments about Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport. I am very pleased to hear that you had such excellent service. We have a wonderful team here and I will pass the compliments along.

I do hope you and your friends come stay with us. Our Front Desk team is available to help you plan any outings that you want to do while in Kansas City. Our shuttle not only runs back and forth to the airport, but within a five mile radius of the hotel, so be sure to take advantage of that.

Thank you again for your compliments and I look forward to see you again in the near future.