Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanearly flightkansas city airportbusiness centerhot breakfastyogurtshuttle servicerental carzona rosahot tubbiscuits and gravywould stay againnice hotelbreakfast barnext morningindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed May 31, 2012

Stayed for baseball tournament. Very clean. Staff very helpful. Hardest working breakfast attendant I have ever seen. Location Great for north KC. Chased all of our kids out of the hallways by 10, very reasonable for the other guests. Room was serviced very nicely both nights. The only issue we had was that the washer did not wash well . Would stay at again mainly because of location, cleanliness and staff beginning with Jonathan at the front desk.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank comofam
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2012

comofam,

I hope your team did well in the recent baseball tournament!

Thank you so much for your kind words about the hotel!
I appreciate your understanding in reference to us getting the kids out of the hallways at 10:00. I am happy to hear that our housekeeping department did a great job servicing your guest room during your stay, I will be sure to pass along the positive comments.

I have checked the washing machine on the second floor per your review, and it turns out that the hot water cycle wasn't functioning correctly. I apologize for this incident and would like to assure you that the problem has been identified and will be corrected!

The comments and feedback from loyal guests like you are exactly what we need to continue to provide an excellent for everyone!

Thanks again and please come visit us again during your next baseball tournament!

Reviewed May 30, 2012

I needed a hotel near the Kansas City airport this week, and this one was GREAT! Only a couple miles from the airport, very easy to get to. Beds are super comfortable, mini fridge and microwave in room, free breakfast, free internet, very friendly staff, beautifully decorated, very classy - I can't say enough good things about this place!! Oh, and the price is very reasonable as well!!

If you have a little time to spare, go south on I29 about 5 miles and take the Barry Rd. exit. There's an AMC Theater, plus all the shopping and restaurants you could ever want right there on Barry Rd, on each side of I29. I could've spent 3 days right there within that square mile intersection!! :)

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank designedtosoar

designedtosoar,

Thanks for taking the time to post a review online about your recent stay at the Best Western Plus Kansas City Airtport Hotel.

We appreciate everything you have written about our hotel and our team!

I am sure many future guests will appreciate what you have written about the local attractions. The AMC theater and Zona Rosa Shopping District are great places for our guests to spend some time, and are only a few miles from the hotel!

Thanks again and come see us again!

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I stayed here when I couldn't get a flight out of KC!! Great service! Leesha was amazing!! Comfy bed!

Room Tip: Any room would be awesome!!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Msbradfordmelanie
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2012

Msbradfordmelanie,

I am happy to hear that we were able to take you in when you couldn't get a flight out of KCI.
Thank you so much for your kinds words about my fellow teammates and the level of service that we provide.

I will inform Leesha of your kinds words and she will be recognized and awarded for her top level of service.

Reviewed May 15, 2012

I have never written an online review before, simply because my experience in most lodging of this sort has been just adequate. We chose location because of price, proximity to the airport and the shuttle.
We flew to KCI from Baltimore for our son's graduation from KU: we arrived on the 12th of May. We have stayed at BWs before, and usually prefer the Marriott flag, but we took a chance, and weren't expecting much, but our schedule was packed and we weren't going to spend much time there anyway. Our room was on the second floor.
Well, it felt like home. The room was clean, didn't reek of cleaning fluid, the window was clean-not that there was much to see:). All necessities were there, including coffee pot and microwave.
However, the best thing for me was the bed! I can't remember the last time I had such a terrific nights sleep: if I could have taken the mattress and pillows with me I would have. The sheets were not cardboard, and there was a substantial mattress cover in addition to the mattress. I even called to find out the brand(Serta). The HVAC system was efficient and quiet, which is usually not the case in mid-priced lodging.
The complimentary breakfast was more than stale corn flakes, fruit loops and weak coffee. In addition to cereal, bagels, granola and danish, there were hot selections-burritos, pancakes and biscuit with sausage gravy, an assortment of juices and the usual hot drinks. There were also cold selections I did not check out.The breakfast area was clean, and the food whotter perfect temperature, and tasty!
We ran out of time so we were not able to use the hot tub and heated pool, but the pool are was also clean, and the atmosphere was not overpowered by chlorine.
The hotel was full, with 2 weddings and another party, but the customer service did not indicate they were busy ar all. We did need another room for our son, and the gentleman at the front desk acted as though we were his only guests.
We had no issues, but I felt as though any difficulty would have been taken care of immediately when brought to staff attention.
There was one small item I did not mention to the staff: I am visually impaired, and the "green, energy efficient" light bulbs do not afford me enough light in the room,( I don't use them at home either), but that is not the hotels fault. The bathroom lighting was sufficient, and my husband can see normally. I mention this for other sight impaired guests, but I did have the impression if I had mentioned this to the staff it would have been somehow rectified.
I worked in the hospitality industry for many years, and I know that a great hotel is the result of a top notch manager who works well with people. Kudos to that manager and staff, for making our stressful weekend a little less so.

Room Tip: Use your noes, eyes and ears. If the room smells stale, or overpowering cleaning fluid, either condition is masking a problem? If anything looks shopworn, there are probably problems you can't see.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Sue C
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2012

Sue C,
Thank you so much for your amazing review!

My fellow Teammates and I have gone through rigorous customer service training and it's nice to hear that our loyal guests can experience the full effect.

It pleases me to hear that you had such a wonderful stay and that you enjoyed all of the new upgrades we have installed in the rooms (i.e. New Mattresses, New Microwaves and Fridges, New 32" HD Television sets with HD Service etc.).

In terms of the high-efficiency light bulbs, I do apologize that they do not provide enough light for your needs. Please do us a favor and give us a one day heads up for the next time you will be staying with us. I will be sure to switch out all of the light bulbs in your room to something more suited to what you need.

Finally, I am glad you enjoyed our variety and quality of breakfast items. If there are any suggestions that you may have that could make our breakfast service even better, I am all ears.

On behalf of the entire team, it was a pleasure having you and your family stay here with us, and we hope that you may use this experience as a stepping stone towards loyalty to the Best Western Brand.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 27, 2012

from the second I called for the shuttle the service team brought their A game!
The shuttle driver was able to help me out with some local information
Check-in was a smooth and easy process
The rooms had excellent wifi and HD television service
Manager on duty (cant remember his name) was able to greet me in person while I was staying on property!

Overall this stay was an excellent one!
Next time I travel to Kansas City, I will be sure to stay at the Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport!

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
Ashish P, General Manager at Best Western Plus Kansas City Airport-Kci East, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2012

Young William,

It was a pleasure having you here!
Thank you very much for your kind words!
Can't wait to see you next time!