All reviewsholiday innbreakfast buffetindoor poolthe room was nicenice staymo
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We've stayed here several times. I think it was because of the location close to the highway. There is a lounge there where you can get a good snack like meal and good serivce and the front desk staff were friendly.

But I wont stay there again. The place is getting more and more run down and dirty. In the rooms the carpet is stained and fraying at the edges, the vents are dirty, the bedding is ..okay, the bathroom is worn and dirty feeling and as we were leaving the toilet seat broke off! Not a very pleasant or comfortable room. Dirty/wornout/ yuk

Next time I'm in the area I'm going to try hotels father south.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed November 30, 2006

Maybe we hit this at the wrong time of year. Since they are across from an amusement park. It must be considered their off season. Rooms were clean, beds on the small side. Don't ask to cash a check, they are in the middle of being sold and are not able to do certain things for guests. The restaurant never seemed to be open, same for the bar. Staff we encountered were mostly friendly, some seemed put out when asking for things, or they kept putting the Maintenance engineer to cover the desk while they were elsewhere.
We received better and friendlier service from the cleaning staff.

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed February 28, 2006

I was in Kansas City looking for a place to stay. I had a bad experience at the previous hotel that I was staying at. I went on a search and came across Holiday Inn North East. Not only was the staff more than friendly and willing to be of assistance, but the property was very nice. I was most impressed with the caring staff and the holidome area. If you are looking for a place that is a home away from home, I would definately recommend staying at this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005
2  Thank Destination35330
Reviewed February 1, 2006

My wife, daughter and I went to Kansas City to visit some family. The property was recommended by some friends who went to World's of Fun. Although the park is closed due to the off season, the Holiday Inn Northeast had plenty to do for the kids!
Let me first say that the desk clerk who checked us in was wonderful! She was extremely friendly and full of information!
The indoor pool area was wonderful!! Our daughter had a blast, the size is great!
Dinner in the restaurant was very good and the staff was prompt! Kids eat free, can't go wrong with that!
After a nice time in the pool area, game room (another huge plus!) and restaurant we were off to bed.
The beds were very comfortable and the room was EXETREMELY CLEAN!! Such a big deal to us!
Overall I have to say this is by far the best stay we have experienced! Keep up the great work!

1  Thank LightPacker8498
Reviewed May 8, 2005

I was a little nervous after reading the previous reviews. We stayed at the hotel in early May, and we loved it. The rooms were very clean. We had a king sized bed and a sofa bed. The sofa was a little small for more than one person, but the two beds were very comfortable. The Holidome was great, the pool, hot tub and sauna were very nice. We were shuttled back and forth to Worlds of Fun, and were promptly picked up when we called, the response was so quick, we missed it the first time. Upon calling the hotel back, the lady at the desk was very friendly, and sent the van back. The breakfast buffet we had included with the room was very good. The waitresses in the restuarant were very pleasant. They had newspapers and fresh fruit in the lobby. I have stayed at many hotels, and have frequently been disappointed. Not this time! I would highly recommend the hotel for a family trip.

Freda S