“Beware of Construction & Nasty Shower Drain Backups”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed May 16, 2010

Booked this hotel for 1 night on a moving trip down to Arizona, I picked this place because it was pet friendly however this still charge you a fee, anyway the website said they were going to be finished with renovations to the bar and lounge area, which really means the whole inside since this building is a holidome the inside rooms overlook the pool area/ bar & lounge, well workers started work at about 6am or so cutting and hammering, the whole place just echoed of power tools, not the way I wanted to wake up, not to mention that there are no signs directing you to where the front desk is, just a bunch of yellow tape and cones, I felt like I was in a maze trying to find where to check in. Room quality was ok, bathroom was gross tile along baseboard is rotten and falling out, bathtub drain is so slow, and the hair and other nasty stuff thas in the drain backed up all over the bottom of the bathtub after my friend showered, I had to rinse the whole thing out before I got into the shower, after I got out it was the same way, gross. I will be informing IHG about my stay and hope to recieve a refund. Definetly do not stay here unless the renovations are complete and that better include the shower plumbing.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank Emoker

Reviewed August 28, 2009

We had a free night stay and as locals it was our first wedding anniversary....The front desk staff was friendly and Restaurant staff was working hard and doing a great job. ..The location is within an amusement park and 2 casinos...The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. The pool area was very clean.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 25, 2009

The staff are very nice. The building is clean. The rooms are in need of updating. The bathrooms are dated, old and show it. The beds were comfortable. More like a super 8 than a holiday inn though.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2009

I bought the casino package for a Valentine’s Day get away. When we arrived the front desk didn't even know about the package. We went to our room which was supposed to have 1 bed and it was a double. They were all out of single bed rooms. We were supposed to have free breakfast, $50.00 casino card, discount to the Toby Keith Bar and Grill, and shuttle service. They did not have the Toby Keith discount or the casino card. They offered us 20% off their resturant. When we finally received the casino card, it was a visa prepaid card. That night we tried to use the card at the casino but it did not work. The next day when I asked them about it, they just found out it takes 24 hrs to activate. They did apply the $50 to my room fee. I used the shuttle service, and then when I called them to pick us up they told me the shuttle was in route. I waited about 20 min and called again they told me it would be about 30 min. When the shuttle arrived we had him take us back to our vehicle and we drove ourselves. I would not reccomend the shuttle. The room was clean and the food was okay but over priced. I did not use the pool, it looked nice, but it was located in the lobby next to the front desk (kinda strange arrangement). The pool was very busy.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank getaway4me
Reviewed August 5, 2008

We stayed at this property as a family vacation to visit a close amusement park and enjoy lakes close by. Holiday Inn offered shuttle service to the amusement park. When riding the shuttle they provided a card with the local phone number to call when we were ready for pick-up and on the card it was printed that shuttle service ran till 11:00pm and to call when ready. We discussed pick-up again with the driver as he dropped us off and he said to go ahead and call when ready. We did so at 10:30pm and were told "we did the last shuttle at 10:10pm. I don't know if we can find someone to come get you. Call back in a few minutes." I did so in 10 minutes and was told again they didn't know if they had someone to come get us. After a firm discussion with a different front desk person they located someone to come get us.
Toilet overflowed, room was not cleaned well and we found the parking lot not monitored or lighted well enough to avoid theft.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank travelbound95
Reviewed July 24, 2008

Nice hotel with a really nice breakfast buffet. The front desk help was decent enough and the restaurant help was outstanding.
They have a really nice indoor pool and an adequate exercise room.
Noise was not a problem but it could be if you get one of their many rooms overlooking the indoor pool that doesn't close until 10pm. It can be loud in those rooms prior to 10. I wish they would let you book pool or non poolview rooms so you know what you are getting into. I didn't have that option.
Good hotel for Worlds of Fun since it is so close.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 12, 2008

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend through hotwire expecting a 3 Star hotel and received a dump!

When we complained we where moved to a superior room, but the fact that they would treat a guest to such a horrible room leaves me with a sour taste in my mouth! I would not stay here again.

The staff was weird. Not friendly but made use feel uncomfortable. They just where a strange group of people. One night there was a bunch of young men drinking while talking to the night auditor. Lots of drinking here…. I would not bring children here for anything!

• Stayed: April 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank rclib