WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Holiday Inn Kansas City

Holiday Inn Kansas City
Ranked #70 of 113 Hotels in Kansas City
Joplin, MO
“Good pool and breakfast”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed because of the proximity to Worlds of Fun. My husband is a platinum rewards member, the desk was out of water bottles at our check in but offered my daughter snacks instead, which was appreciated. The pool area is inviting and fun for children. Breakfast buffet had a very good variety and quality. Hallway carpet could use some updating, it looks old. The only other negative is the room we had (174), the A/C vent blows right onto your face when you are sleeping. It kept waking me up and my ears about froze, but we needed the A/C on because it was 90 degrees out. I don't think there is much you can do about that... just awkward placement.

1 Thank fantasiachampagne

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had an AWFUL experience at this Holiday Inn. Some of the various issues we encountered: price upon check-in was $40 higher than what we had reserved online (and the front desk was not willing to honor the on-line/reservation price), only ice machine on our floor broken for entire 4 days we were there, burned out light in room, poor quality in the breakfast food (stale, hard biscuits, store-bought donuts- no waffles, omelets, pancakes. Not what I expect when I pay $11 a person for breakfast!), there was also MOLD in bathroom (and lots of it). The 3rd day we were there we happened to check our bank account & noticed we were DOUBLE charged for the room (almost $1000 in total charges). When we brought this to the front desk attendant's attention she told us that we were only charged once. We pulled up our account on our Ipad (so she could CLEARLY see there were two pending transactions...just minutes apart too). After she was incredibly rude to my husband about the situation, a manager walked up & agreed to comp our stay for our trouble. The manager was a bit more helpful but wasn't willing to do anything about the front desk attendant's attitude (and this was not the first time we had dealt with her...she was rude every time we needed something or asked a question). Not the customer service I expect at a Holiday Inn. We will definetly NEVER stay at this hotel EVER again...and possibly never at a Holiday Inn again. We were severly disappointed!!!! I would suggest one of the other 5 or 6 hotels on this same intersection if you're wanting something close to Oceans of Fun or Worlds of Fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that DOES NOT face the pool/lobby/bar or else you'll be up late at night & ea...
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Dear Katiekakes47,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast, MO. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very nice! So close to worlds of fun you could walk there, however with the free van rides to and from the park you wouldn't have to! If it rains and you dont want to go to the park, you could use thier indoor pool to wait out the storm.
Kids eat free at the restaurant which saved us a small fortune! The food there was good. Not great. Really good value if you have young kids!
Room was pretty clean but the building needed some work. One elevator didn't even work and some lights and door stops were missing.
The staff was great! All smiles! Even quickly cleaned and replaced the vinyl bed cover after my daughter wet the bed. Awesome.

• Stayed June 2013
blue grass, iowa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

Service at this location is always very good. Rooms are always very clean, and I never have issues. Karen, at the bar is a real pleasure to talk with. Food is always very good. They have a limited menu, but do a great job with that menu.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank tim g
Lincoln, Nebraska
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was clean and quiet, and the staff were friendly. It's a great location for Worlds of Fun, though that's about all there is nearby, not many restaurants.

For this price range I'd prefer a free continental breakfast over a hotel restaurant, but I knew that before I booked. The only problem I had was the TV. The digital signal kept dropping out on many channels making them unwatchable. Other than that it was an easy enjoyable stay.

1 Thank Dingbatic
Hartville, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2013

I enjoy the closeness of this hotel to highways and locations I need to be as a business traveler but the best part is the Staff. Special Hats Off to Abby, Front Desk - Nights. I had an issue in my room that she popped up and aided me with at 6:30 in the am. It wasn't the answer I was expecting most places I think would have said if it wasn't an emergency wait until the full crew arrived. Thanks Abby.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Jenny W
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, May 17, 2013
Hey Jenny!

Thanks for the kind words about our staff I really appreciate it and I know they do to! Thanks for your business and hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Derek
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 8, 2013

Every time i come to kansas city i stay at this hotel. Karen and krystal always remember my name and greet me with a smile....they make my visits through kansas city feel like home....i will definitely be back and let others know how happy i am when i stay here

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Hello Charles!

Thanks for the kind words about Karen and Krystal.....they are very good at what they do and glad to see others recognize that! Thank you for your business and hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Derek