“HORRIBLE customer service!!!!!”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed June 24, 2013

We had an AWFUL experience at this Holiday Inn. Some of the various issues we encountered: price upon check-in was $40 higher than what we had reserved online (and the front desk was not willing to honor the on-line/reservation price), only ice machine on our floor broken for entire 4 days we were there, burned out light in room, poor quality in the breakfast food (stale, hard biscuits, store-bought donuts- no waffles, omelets, pancakes. Not what I expect when I pay $11 a person for breakfast!), there was also MOLD in bathroom (and lots of it). The 3rd day we were there we happened to check our bank account & noticed we were DOUBLE charged for the room (almost $1000 in total charges). When we brought this to the front desk attendant's attention she told us that we were only charged once. We pulled up our account on our Ipad (so she could CLEARLY see there were two pending transactions...just minutes apart too). After she was incredibly rude to my husband about the situation, a manager walked up & agreed to comp our stay for our trouble. The manager was a bit more helpful but wasn't willing to do anything about the front desk attendant's attitude (and this was not the first time we had dealt with her...she was rude every time we needed something or asked a question). Not the customer service I expect at a Holiday Inn. We will definetly NEVER stay at this hotel EVER again...and possibly never at a Holiday Inn again. We were severly disappointed!!!! I would suggest one of the other 5 or 6 hotels on this same intersection if you're wanting something close to Oceans of Fun or Worlds of Fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that DOES NOT face the pool/lobby/bar or else you'll be up late at night & ea...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2013

Dear Katiekakes47,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Kansas City Northeast, MO. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Very nice! So close to worlds of fun you could walk there, however with the free van rides to and from the park you wouldn't have to! If it rains and you dont want to go to the park, you could use thier indoor pool to wait out the storm.
Kids eat free at the restaurant which saved us a small fortune! The food there was good. Not great. Really good value if you have young kids!
Room was pretty clean but the building needed some work. One elevator didn't even work and some lights and door stops were missing.
The staff was great! All smiles! Even quickly cleaned and replaced the vinyl bed cover after my daughter wet the bed. Awesome.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Service at this location is always very good. Rooms are always very clean, and I never have issues. Karen, at the bar is a real pleasure to talk with. Food is always very good. They have a limited menu, but do a great job with that menu.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank tim g
Reviewed June 13, 2013

This hotel was clean and quiet, and the staff were friendly. It's a great location for Worlds of Fun, though that's about all there is nearby, not many restaurants.

For this price range I'd prefer a free continental breakfast over a hotel restaurant, but I knew that before I booked. The only problem I had was the TV. The digital signal kept dropping out on many channels making them unwatchable. Other than that it was an easy enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Dingbatic
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I enjoy the closeness of this hotel to highways and locations I need to be as a business traveler but the best part is the Staff. Special Hats Off to Abby, Front Desk - Nights. I had an issue in my room that she popped up and aided me with at 6:30 in the am. It wasn't the answer I was expecting most places I think would have said if it wasn't an emergency wait until the full crew arrived. Thanks Abby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenny W
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hey Jenny!

Thanks for the kind words about our staff I really appreciate it and I know they do to! Thanks for your business and hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Every time i come to kansas city i stay at this hotel. Karen and krystal always remember my name and greet me with a smile....they make my visits through kansas city feel like home....i will definitely be back and let others know how happy i am when i stay here

• Stayed: May 2013
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hello Charles!

Thanks for the kind words about Karen and Krystal.....they are very good at what they do and glad to see others recognize that! Thank you for your business and hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The pool area was really nice, the whirlpool is very large & comfortable, though it could use a good scrubbing around the upper tiles. There are a couple of nice sitting areas for people to sit & visit in the pool area, though it can get quite loud & the sound easily travels to the rooms on the ground floor that are facing the pool area!

Probably my biggest complaint is the fact that there aren't any amenities included & I thought the cost was a bit high considering this is the first hotel I've stayed at in over 15 years that hasn't at least offered a continental breakfast. Our family had 2 separate rooms the weekend of 4/19/13 & unfortunately our son ended up having to pay over $10 for what he describes as his "overcharged buffet breakfast" when he would have much rather walked the few steps to the "Waffle House" on the other side of the parking lot & paid less for better food!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms adjoining the pool / spa area
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Donna!

I want to start by saying Thank You for the positve experience you had in our pool area as it is a hot spot for all of our guest and let me aplogize for the issues you had. I know that we dont give out a free breakfast to everyguest but hopefully tou will stay with us and book our best for breakfast rate which would get you a free buffet each morning. I will also talk to my staff about how we can imrprove the buffet with differennt selections while still trying to keep our food costs down. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will come back to see us.