“Great Staff”
Review of Ramada Kansas City

Ramada Kansas City
Ranked #78 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Reviewed May 15, 2013

I enjoy the closeness of this hotel to highways and locations I need to be as a business traveler but the best part is the Staff. Special Hats Off to Abby, Front Desk - Nights. I had an issue in my room that she popped up and aided me with at 6:30 in the am. It wasn't the answer I was expecting most places I think would have said if it wasn't an emergency wait until the full crew arrived. Thanks Abby.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Jenny W
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Hey Jenny!

Thanks for the kind words about our staff I really appreciate it and I know they do to! Thanks for your business and hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Every time i come to kansas city i stay at this hotel. Karen and krystal always remember my name and greet me with a smile....they make my visits through kansas city feel like home....i will definitely be back and let others know how happy i am when i stay here

• Stayed: May 2013
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Hello Charles!

Thanks for the kind words about Karen and Krystal.....they are very good at what they do and glad to see others recognize that! Thank you for your business and hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The pool area was really nice, the whirlpool is very large & comfortable, though it could use a good scrubbing around the upper tiles. There are a couple of nice sitting areas for people to sit & visit in the pool area, though it can get quite loud & the sound easily travels to the rooms on the ground floor that are facing the pool area!

Probably my biggest complaint is the fact that there aren't any amenities included & I thought the cost was a bit high considering this is the first hotel I've stayed at in over 15 years that hasn't at least offered a continental breakfast. Our family had 2 separate rooms the weekend of 4/19/13 & unfortunately our son ended up having to pay over $10 for what he describes as his "overcharged buffet breakfast" when he would have much rather walked the few steps to the "Waffle House" on the other side of the parking lot & paid less for better food!

Room Tip: I would avoid rooms adjoining the pool / spa area
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family

Hello Donna!

I want to start by saying Thank You for the positve experience you had in our pool area as it is a hot spot for all of our guest and let me aplogize for the issues you had. I know that we dont give out a free breakfast to everyguest but hopefully tou will stay with us and book our best for breakfast rate which would get you a free buffet each morning. I will also talk to my staff about how we can imrprove the buffet with differennt selections while still trying to keep our food costs down. Thank you for your feedback and hopefully you will come back to see us.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times, this trip to Kansas City I've been here for 2 week, the girls at the front desk are great, and the bar tender Karen is always smiling and friendly and the beer is cold
My next to to Kansas City I'll be sure to stay here again

• Stayed: April 2013

Hello Outlaw!

Just wanted to say "THANK YOU" for the kind words about Karen and our staff as I know they work very hard and take alot of pride in their customer service and its nice to be recognized for that! Thanks for your business and hope you have a great day!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I have been staying here the past three weeks and i have stayed here in the past. The food is above average and moderately priced. Karen the bartender is very social and makes one feel right at home even though i have been away from home the past three weeks. The staff is friendly and very helpful. All i can say is when i am in the Kansas City area i make it a point to choose this holiday inn .

Dave

Room Tip: When checking in ask for a room with a mico and fridge. Especially if you have an extended stay.

Hello Navy!

Thanks for the great feedback as we certainly appreciate it! Thanks for your business and we hope to see you back here soon! Have a great day!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was here for a week stay due to a company trip. T he service that i received from karen was awesome she did a great job with all the people she had to deal with. i would stay here before any where else just due to the service she provided

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
DerekSommerville, General Manager at Ramada Kansas City, responded to this reviewResponded May 7, 2013

Hello Ron!

Thank You for the kind words about Karen as she does an excellent job at the bar! Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon! Hope you have a great day!

Reviewed May 1, 2013

Had problem with A/C fan making loud noise. There toilet ran all the time and would fill up ever 10 mins. The good thing about the hotel was bar tender Karen was very good at her job and the front desk people were very good and help full because my job did not make the right booking. The breakfast was good and the breakfast people very good at getting thing for you.

Hello Henry -

I wanted to aplogize about any issues you had with your stay but glad that Karen was able to make it better. I just want to say Thank You for your business and I hope to see you back soon. Have a great day!!