All reviews holiday inn breakfast buffet indoor pool the room was nice nice stay mo
Reviewed March 22, 2012

I was a bit worried about staying here because it is an older hotel and received a lot of bad reviews a few years ago. It was the only reasonable pet friendly hotel near my destination so based on recent positive reviews I decided to give it a try. Reviews were correct.

Hotel has had a recent facelift. Room was pretty clean, needed some dusting between wall and bedside tables, but generally everything neat. Beds comfortable, room spacious. Staff took care of any issues or requests we had quickly. I certainly appreciate them allowing our small dog. The air-conditioner (yes air-conditioning in March) was very noisy, sometimes woke me up when it kicked on.

Room Tip: If you don't use the pool and like quiet, then you might ask for outside facing room. Inside rooms overlook pool and restaurant. This could be very noisy during times when Worlds of Fun is open.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with friends
DerekSommerville, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Kansas City Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 23, 2012

TKB - Thank you for giving us an opportunity to earn your business, I truly appreciate it! I will let our maintenance staff know of your AC issues and hopefully you will give us a return trip in the future. Thanks Again for your business!

Reviewed March 20, 2012

The Service provided by the staff at the front desk was awesome. They were all very helpful. Especially Reighann, who helped me complete a business project I was working on. She took the time to stop and attend to me needs. She is a asset to this hotel.

Room Tip: away from pool, if you want quiet before 10pm
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled on business

David - Thanks for your kind words about our front desk staff as we strive to give outstanding customer service and clearly Reigann provided that to you and I will certainly let her know! Thanks again for your business as I truly appreciate it and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed March 4, 2012

We stayed here twice. The first time it was when the baby was born, so we originally stayed here because they had a shuttle bus within a five mile radius of the hotel, which meant that their shuttle took us to and from Northeast Kansas City Hospital. We appreciated that the staff were all very nice. We booked the hotel the same morning that we arrived and they were very helpful. Whenever we needed the shuttle, we just had to ask them. We also had not brought anything with wireless internet access, so their computers with free internet was very nice. We stayed the first time on the 2nd floor, which I think seems to be newer. The only thing with that is that it is hard to sleep at night because of the glare from the lights in the holidome. The food from their restaurant that we got for room service one night was good-the philly cheese steak and the crispiest, yummiest french fries. They have a nice pool that we did not ever use. Their restaurant and breakfast area is nice. On the weekend, they have sausage, french toast sticks, chocolate milk, regular milk, cereals, oatmeal, toast, donuts, fruit salad. On the weekdays, they have fresh orange juice and a wider selection of breakfast foods.

The second time we stayed there, we stayed on the first floor and it was a little older and the room smelled smoky despite it being non-smoking. I did not like being on the first floor because our window looked out the front. However, the perk was that at night I slept better because there was no light from the lobby. I would stay here for a weekend or short stays. It is just fine for that. The TV did not work in our room the 2nd time we stayed here, but they fixed it.

Room Tip: I would not stay on the first floor because the rooms appear to be older, but it is fine. 2nd floor seemed newer.
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled with family
DerekSommerville, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Kansas City Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

Thank you for your feedback on your recent stay with us...we certainly appreciate it! I will pass on the kind words to my staff and hope to see you back soon as we appreciate your business!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

We enjoyed our time here!! The staff is wonderful very helpful made us feel like one of the FAMILY!!!! A special THANK YOU to Marvin Drew a great person!!! Thank You to all the staff!!!

Room Tip: We stayed on the third floor very quite!!!
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Carla G
DerekSommerville, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Kansas City Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2012

Carla - Thanks for the kind words on your recent stay with us and I will certainly let Marvin know as well, he is a tremendous asset to the hotel! Thank You for your business and hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed February 22, 2012

I would like to thank Reighann for all her help upon my arrival. As this was my first trip to Kansas City, every question I had to ask she answered with a smile and was most helpful. Kudos to her and the staff...

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joelane47
DerekSommerville, General Manager at SureStay Plus Hotel by Best Western Kansas City Northeast, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

Joe -

Thnk you for your response and I will sure pass this along to ReAnne and her department supervisor! Thanks for your bnusiness and we hope to see you back soon!